Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE TRUTH: Why Is Torri Higginson Really Leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    I'm very surprised to hear you say that hon. But now that you've said you want it to be cancelled, can I ask why? Maybe in the peace loving thread I'd be interested to know why you feel it's 'jumped the shark' ang how it's lost it's integrity. Happy to chat with you on any thread you feel comfortable on
    the peace thread would be fine alought it might have to be a bit later on i got some work to do and this has been taking wayyy to much of time as of late

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    I loved Sateda and TRW because for me it's not just about one person it's the team and the stories I love, and if that disappeared, then so would I. I'd find something else that I enjoyed... I'd certainly have more free time

Does that answer your question?
    for me either... gads i love sateda.. for me its all about the team and the team has been destroyed... its one of the many reasons its jumped the shark imho

but yeah a discussion for another time, after the dog is walked, the garden is and and lunch is made hehe
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

soooooo why did torri really leave?

or has this thread run its course and needs to be closed

The simple fact of the matter is, we will never REALLY know why torri is leaving. The truth is between her, tptb adn the fly on the wall...and that fly ain't talking.

It's her business and out of respect to her, maybe this topic is one best not continued
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        soooooo why did torri really leave?

or has this thread run its course and needs to be closed

The simple fact of the matter is, we will never REALLY know why torri is leaving. The truth is between her, tptb adn the fly on the wall...and that fly ain't talking.

It's her business and out of respect to her, maybe this topic is one best not continued
        Denise I agree. It is really none of our buisness as to why she left. Mabey it wowuld be best if you closed this.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Denise I agree. It is really none of our buisness as to why she left. Mabey it wowuld be best if you closed this.
          I agree it's none of our business and tbh it's not like we've kept on topic... sorry OP, sorry mods.

*runs out the thread*

Comment

agreed ..hugs to all ((hugs))
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by LoneReconEagle View Post
              [*]Did Torri at anypoint mention unhappiness or hinted she wanted to leave?
              I don't think she ever did, quite the opposite. In regards to this, I'd like to post the following Torri quotes from her latest GW interview from August.

GW: <snip>How do you feel this year is shaping up as a whole?

TH: Actually, I've enjoyed this year more than the first two. I think for various reasons. It does take a while to really settle in to something, especially when your geographically away from your home. I think people are a little bit more nervous and not quite as comfortable because they don't have their natural support around them. And so for me Year Three has been just much more relaxed, and much more enjoyable as far as the relationships with the people that you work with. I think, too, the writers have done some interesting things this year as far as breaking those set boxes a little bit more. <snip> So I've been enjoying Year Three very much.

GW: Great. What has been the most joyous moment of this year thus far for you, and also for whatever reason, what has been the most horrible?

TH: Oh, dear. Well, the most joyous -- you know what -- really is coming to work. Getting to work with RDA again. I just get giddy around him. He is such a joy to work with, and he's such a flirt. He's just fun. He's really fun. So I feel very lucky. I've had two or three episodes with him this year. That always makes me happy, when I read a script and I go "Yippee!" And I get to be the one that deals with him, and I feel very lucky in that.

Sedgewick also gets to be in the show again this year. That always makes me very happy. And the other thing is I had a date! I get to kiss a boy! Hoohoo! I don't know if I can say that. Maybe I shouldn't say that! [Laughter] But that was fun.
              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/the_real_weir.shtml

[*]Was Torri forced off the show?
              She didn't go of her own will, it's obvious from the Stargate mag interview, she took the best option and that's the recurring with no promise of a better status, so yeah, I'd say she was forced off the show.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              Hmmm...I don't know quite what to think about the insider info from Joe M. and other PTBs. Showrunners are representatives of the show and their job is to "sell" the show. That often means putting a positive spin on news, leaving out or trivializing negative news, or not giving the whole story. They're very similar to politicians or PR agents for companies. Sometimes it can be hard to sift out what's true, what's not, and what's deliberately vague or twisted around to serve their interests. In other words, I take almost everything TPTB say about controversial show decisions/changes with a grain of salt. Not dismissing it outright, but not taking everything they say as the full and complete truth either.

Look at this recent event with BSG - Olmos and Sackhoff were both reported to have said that s4 was going to be the last at a recent event, and Eick (the producer) immediately released a "maybe it is, maybe it isn't, Olmos has said this sort of stuff before (even though he hasn't)" kind of statement. Eick thought it was important enough to not confirm this negative news. So did he lie? Uncertain. Did he obfuscate the situation to make things seem not as negative and/or dire? Absolutely. Do I think that the Stargate PTB do this as needed when things get sticky? Yep.
              That's exactly it, that's why I could never take anything he says as an absolute fact.

Edit: yay, not closed yet.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
              X