Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

And another episode title surfaces on JM's blog!

What we know:

1. It is episode 412
    2. It is essentially "part 3" of the mid-season 2-parter
    3. It is written by Alan McCullough

That's it. Discuss!

Slated to be the extended 3rd part of the mid-season 2 parter.

Comment

We destroy an enemy and loot their possesions?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Slated to be the extended 3rd part of the mid-season 2 parter.
        The title intreges me, mostly because this is going to come after the big battle mid-season two-parter. What do you think that they'd gain after this great battle with an unknown (I say that because I'm not sure if the enemy is Wraith/Asuran/Both) adversary?
        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

That's assuming it's the good guys that win

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            We destroy an enemy and loot their possesions?

This just came to me when I read that. I blame school, the Trust, SciFi, and anyone/thing I can think of that I dislike. I apologize in advanced.

WARNING! STUPIDNESS AHEAD!

Spoiler:
            [Voice in background]

McKay: Possesions? Does that mean that there are ZedPMs? Where are they???

scifi_lemon: She was just kidding. No need to get worked up over speculations. Most of them are probably going to be wrong anyway; there's honestly no point.

McKay: So why are you posting crack!theories in every freakin' Season 4 thread?

scifi_lemon: uh...well, ya see...oh, I just got a PM g2g--

McKay: A ZedPM???

scifi_lemon: PM as in 'Private Message'?

McKay: I know that. Hello, genius.

scifi_lemon: Riiiight. (points) OMG, is that John making out with Weir?

McKay: Ha! I always knew this would happen! Where's my camera? Zelenka is going to DIE when he sees this!! (looks away)

scifi_lemon: Sucker!!! (laughs evilly and runs away)

*silence* I'm sorry that I inflicted that upon you. I hope that in time, you may come to forgive me.

What were we talking about? Ah yes, what the 'spoils of war' might be. Technology, a revelation what do you guys think it might be?

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
              This just came to me when I read that....

*silence* I'm sorry that I inflicted that upon you. I hope that in time, you may come to forgive me.
              You may be waiting a while...

Comment

The definition of "Spoils of War" (from wikipedia) is:

Looting, sacking, plundering, or pillaging is the indiscriminate taking of goods by force as part of a military or political victory, or during a catastrophe or riot, such as during war, natural disaster, or rioting. The term is also used in a broader (some would argue metaphorical) sense, to egregious instances of theft and embezzlement, such as the "plundering" of private or public assets by corrupt or overly greedy corporate executives or government authorities. The proceeds of all these activities can be described as loot, plunder, or pillage.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

Looting, sacking, plundering, or pillaging is the indiscriminate taking of goods by force as part of a military or political victory, or during a catastrophe or riot, such as during war, natural disaster, or rioting. The term is also used in a broader (some would argue metaphorical) sense, to egregious instances of theft and embezzlement, such as the "plundering" of private or public assets by corrupt or overly greedy corporate executives or government authorities. The proceeds of all these activities can be described as loot, plunder, or pillage.
                  I hope there's pillaging involved. Mmmmm, pillaging....

Comment

You may be waiting a while...
                    I'm crushed. ;( So... does that mean you liked it?

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

So... is it 'spoil of war' in a literal sense or metaphorical one? I think that it's going to be the first, since this is going to be 'part three' of a big space battle episode.

Comment

another sidge type acre maybe

Comment

Michael's bug baby's fall under our command we use them as slave labor!
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I hope there's pillaging involved. Mmmmm, pillaging....
                          If there is pillaging being done, wouldn't that hint that the new humans from Travelers are involved? It could be an episode where everyone is scrambling to get their hands on the tech left behind by the loosing side. Or it could be something about finding what the Wraith's weakness is if there is left over Lantean info on a secret base offworld. It could be somewhere the Aurora was coming back to Atlantis from when it was attacked and left derelict in space. Just speculating.
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is there any Shakespeare reference to this (since it completes This Mortal Coil and Be All My Sins Remember'd)?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

we steal an asuran ship??
                              The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Working...
                              X