Page 1 of 16 1 23411 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

General

Default The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

And another episode title surfaces on JM's blog!

What we know:

1. It is episode 412
    2. It is essentially "part 3" of the mid-season 2-parter
    3. It is written by Alan McCullough

That's it. Discuss!

First Lieutenant

Default The "Spoils of War" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread #Spoilers Within#

Slated to be the extended 3rd part of the mid-season 2 parter.

Default Re: The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread * Spoilers*

We destroy an enemy and loot their possesions?

Default Re: The "Spoils of War" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread #Spoilers Within

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
    Slated to be the extended 3rd part of the mid-season 2 parter.
    The title intreges me, mostly because this is going to come after the big battle mid-season two-parter. What do you think that they'd gain after this great battle with an unknown (I say that because I'm not sure if the enemy is Wraith/Asuran/Both) adversary?

Major General

Default Re: The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread * Spoilers*

That's assuming it's the good guys that win

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    We destroy an enemy and loot their possesions?

This just came to me when I read that. I blame school, the Trust, SciFi, and anyone/thing I can think of that I dislike. I apologize in advanced.

WARNING! STUPIDNESS AHEAD!

Spoiler:
    [Voice in background]

McKay: Possesions? Does that mean that there are ZedPMs? Where are they???

scifi_lemon: She was just kidding. No need to get worked up over speculations. Most of them are probably going to be wrong anyway; there's honestly no point.

McKay: So why are you posting crack!theories in every freakin' Season 4 thread?

scifi_lemon: uh...well, ya see...oh, I just got a PM g2g--

McKay: A ZedPM???

scifi_lemon: PM as in 'Private Message'?

McKay: I know that. Hello, genius.

scifi_lemon: Riiiight. (points) OMG, is that John making out with Weir?

McKay: Ha! I always knew this would happen! Where's my camera? Zelenka is going to DIE when he sees this!! (looks away)

scifi_lemon: Sucker!!! (laughs evilly and runs away)

*silence* I'm sorry that I inflicted that upon you. I hope that in time, you may come to forgive me.

What were we talking about? Ah yes, what the 'spoils of war' might be. Technology, a revelation what do you guys think it might be?

Quote Originally Posted by scifi_lemon View Post
    This just came to me when I read that....

*silence* I'm sorry that I inflicted that upon you. I hope that in time, you may come to forgive me.
    You may be waiting a while...

Ship Figurehead Standin Suzotchka's Avatar

The definition of "Spoils of War" (from wikipedia) is:

Looting, sacking, plundering, or pillaging is the indiscriminate taking of goods by force as part of a military or political victory, or during a catastrophe or riot, such as during war, natural disaster, or rioting. The term is also used in a broader (some would argue metaphorical) sense, to egregious instances of theft and embezzlement, such as the "plundering" of private or public assets by corrupt or overly greedy corporate executives or government authorities. The proceeds of all these activities can be described as loot, plunder, or pillage.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzotchka View Post

Looting, sacking, plundering, or pillaging is the indiscriminate taking of goods by force as part of a military or political victory, or during a catastrophe or riot, such as during war, natural disaster, or rioting. The term is also used in a broader (some would argue metaphorical) sense, to egregious instances of theft and embezzlement, such as the "plundering" of private or public assets by corrupt or overly greedy corporate executives or government authorities. The proceeds of all these activities can be described as loot, plunder, or pillage.
    I hope there's pillaging involved. Mmmmm, pillaging....

You may be waiting a while...
    I'm crushed. ;( So... does that mean you liked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzotchka View Post

So... is it 'spoil of war' in a literal sense or metaphorical one? I think that it's going to be the first, since this is going to be 'part three' of a big space battle episode.

Chief Master Sergeant Saul Tigh's Avatar

another sidge type acre maybe

Michael's bug baby's fall under our command we use them as slave labor!

I hope there's pillaging involved. Mmmmm, pillaging....
    If there is pillaging being done, wouldn't that hint that the new humans from Travelers are involved? It could be an episode where everyone is scrambling to get their hands on the tech left behind by the loosing side. Or it could be something about finding what the Wraith's weakness is if there is left over Lantean info on a secret base offworld. It could be somewhere the Aurora was coming back to Atlantis from when it was attacked and left derelict in space. Just speculating.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is there any Shakespeare reference to this (since it completes This Mortal Coil and Be All My Sins Remember'd)?
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

we steal an asuran ship??

We get another Wraith ship? We get a few Asuran ships? We get a few Asuran ships to fight the Wraith ships and with attached Asgard weapons we wipe we make the Wraith go to back to their homeworld and cry? Then we sit down and whinge about what we still don't have and gloat and dance and celebrate what we do have?
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Second Lieutenant female Wraith's Avatar

Funny, how everybody decided that we will steal something from the Asurans or the Wraith.
    What if Wraith/Asurans are those who will enjoy the spoils of war?
    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
    Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
    http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
    My fan fiction

Quote Originally Posted by female Wraith View Post
    Funny, how everybody decided that we will steal something from the Asurans or the Wraith.
    Cause we got the big guns, plus we got Ronon's gun, plus we got a wraith ship, plus we got a few cruisers, plus we got stunners and zat guns. How could we lose?! This is my capitalist-imperealist sarcasm coming out. Marx of course would say...prepare to die.

Default Re: The "Spoils of War" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread #Spoilers Within

Quote Originally Posted by scifi_lemon View Post
    The title intreges me, mostly because this is going to come after the big battle mid-season two-parter. What do you think that they'd gain after this great battle with an unknown (I say that because I'm not sure if the enemy is Wraith/Asuran/Both) adversary?
    Mabey we get to keep our spoils this time!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by female Wraith View Post
    Because first off, the Asurans and the Wraith wouldn't dare share the spoils.

Second off, the Wraith don't have the ATA gene. Besides, this is fiction, though it would be an interesting plot development, the Wraith find out where Earth is, their like, screw this crap, you can have Atlantis and all this, we're going to Earth, and Pegasus becomes the Milky Way in the fact they don't have to deal with the Wraith and the Milky Way becomes like Pegasus in the fact that it is going to be subjected to thousands of centuries of culling before the Wraith decide to go back to Pegasus and learn that the Asurans and Atlantians have wiped themselves out. It hurts, but only for a minute, then they die too.

Nah, it's fiction, it'll be our spoils.

Oh, and there is a Shakespeare reference, in A Midsummer's Nights Dream. Spoils of War. I'm sure there are a ton of others in Shakespeare.
    Last edited by rarocks24; May 16th, 2007 at 03:01 PM.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.