X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed - Season 4 will be the last

6-1-07

Another update! It's really ending... for real... and confirmed by everyone this time including the lying David Eick....

"Battlestar" gets grounded by Sci Fi By Nellie Andreeva
    Fri Jun 1, 4:27 AM ET

The upcoming fourth season of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will be its final one after all.

After months of speculation, the show's producers are set to make the announcement at a press conference Friday.

Ending "Battlestar" with the upcoming 22-episode fourth season was a creative decision made by the hit show's executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement Thursday. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there -- we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season of "Galactica" will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

For months, Sci Fi had dispelled rumors about "Battlestar" ending its run after the fourth season.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the show's stars, Edward James Olmos, was quoted as saying that the upcoming batch of episodes were definitely the last ones. Sci Fi issued a statement denying such a decision had been made.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/...cKMZLaG9LAGL8C

Nothing shocking but it finally is said it will be the end.

"It’s fantastic. I think they’re going to discover some very important issues about what the fan base really, really wants to see and what’s to understand about this show. We’re heading into the final season. This is the final season as we speak. All of us are very saddened by that, but we always knew there was going to be a conclusion and we would find Earth, so we will be finding Earth this season. I wish it would [keep going]. I could do 10 years like this season. I think that this is some of finest usages of television that I have been a part of in my life. Bar nun. I’ve been doing this for 42 years. I’ve done some really good work in television and motion pictures but there really is nothing like this show. I can honestly tell you that this is one of the finest dramatic pieces work on humanity I’ve ever seen in my life." - Edward James Olmos
    http://galacticasitrep.blogspot.com/
    http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4445

Or maybe it's not....

UPDATE!

Umm.. I guess the creators of the show are going to be dumb and try to get a 5th season. Here's a hint guys, never gonig to happen.

Flight of Battlestar Continues

Battlestar Galactica's search for Earth continues to be an open-ended adventure, executive producer David Eick said.

Contrary to comments by Edward James Olmos (Adm. Adama) at the Saturn Awards on May10, no end has been announced for the award-winning show. Battlestar Galactica is preparing to film its fourth season, one that will include 22 episodes, rather than the previously announced 13.

"For those of you who have been paying attention over the years, this is not the first time Eddie has made an announcement about the possibility of the show's end," chuckled Eick. "I promise you that when [executiuve producer] Ron [Moore] and I make a decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know."
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=41457
    Last edited by Oreo; 01 June 2007, 06:58 AM.

And here I was hoping they wouldn't actually find Earth.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

I figured as much. When BSG was renewed with only 13 eps a rumor started floating around that if skiffy bumped the renewal to 20 eps it would be their sign to wrap things up in season 4. BSG got its 20 eps and it will indeed be the last season.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. It's always sad when a great TV show ends, but at least now TPTB have plenty of time to tie up all the loose ends and have the series go out with a bang. I thought that several episodes in season 3 suffered because they were too stand-alone and the overall plot got somewhat lost. Now they can cut out any filler eps and have a season that is great start to finish. And who knows, maybe there will be a miniseries finale ala PKW as well.

Comment

I'm glad and sad.....glad that they won't drag it out, and sad because there's nothing as good as Battlestar on TV, and no show gets me as excited to watch a new episode as Battlestar does, and I doubt any other show ever will.

Comment

I for one hope am very happy. As much as I love BSG, I am so glad it will not have the chance to dissapoint me with being dragged on. They should have ended Lost back when people were still interested, I'm gald BSG is not making the same mistake!

Comment

well i suppose time to break out the petitions better croos out sg-1 and write on bsg

Comment

Even though BSG is ending, there will still be room for another series based in that universe. I’m not too fond of the Caprica idea, but a prequel series based on the original Cylon wars would be a great storyline or potentially a story revolving around another ship or ships that survived the Colony attacks as Galactica and Pegasus did.

I truly believe with the success of Galactica, SciFi would sponsor a spinoff of this nature…I mean hell, look how many different series’ Star Trek spun off and none of them were half the show a BSG has been IMO.

Comment

In a way, I'm glad that this version lasted longer then the original. But sad that it's ending. I've enjoyed watching this one.

Comment

I am bit sad that season 4 will be the last, but if they find Earth than they had no real reason to continue the show. How? Will they leave Earth and flew from the Cylons again? Or will they kill each other before the reaching of Earth? Or will the Earth humans kill them? I think they have to finish their journey and I hope it will be peaceful.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That's what TV legends are made off - 4 strong seasons each of them laying focus on different aspects of humanity. It's somewhere in between a classical drama (which usually consists of 5 Acts) an an epic. And who knows - I could imagine spin-offs of this great show to come up later on...
                    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

I knew this was coming but I still feel rather sad

I would have rather them have had a 5th season (5 seasons IMO is a nice round number to finish off at)

but atleast it's not being canceled at the last second and thus getting a rushed ending

Comment

i would rather that it ends now, planned and on an up note, than dragged out for 5 years to falling and tumbling ratings

let it go with dignity and escape the fate of other shows
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                          I knew this was coming but I still feel rather sad

I would have rather them have had a 5th season (5 seasons IMO is a nice round number to finish off at)

but atleast it's not being canceled at the last second and thus getting a rushed ending
                          I agree- I was more hopeing for a twenty episode fourth season, and then a short tightly written fifth season to wrap it up (eight to thirteen episodes).

However, I am thrilled to know that the show is assured to end on RDM's terms, wrapping up the story as it should. And it's good for the writing staff too, to have a set idea of where they have to take the season.

Comment

I'm definitely going to miss this show once it is gone. No doubt about that. All we can do is hope Season 4 is the best season yet. That they really send this show out on a high note. I know I'll stay tuned until the very end.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

UPDATE!

Umm.. I guess the creators of the show are going to be dumb and try to get a 5th season. Here's a hint guys, never gonig to happen.

Flight of Battlestar Continues

Battlestar Galactica's search for Earth continues to be an open-ended adventure, executive producer David Eick said.

Contrary to comments by Edward James Olmos (Adm. Adama) at the Saturn Awards on May10, no end has been announced for the award-winning show. Battlestar Galactica is preparing to film its fourth season, one that will include 22 episodes, rather than the previously announced 13.

"For those of you who have been paying attention over the years, this is not the first time Eddie has made an announcement about the possibility of the show's end," chuckled Eick. "I promise you that when [executiuve producer] Ron [Moore] and I make a decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know."
                              http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=41457

Comment

Working...
                              X