• Show
Clear All

Long live Classic Daniel!
    sigpic
    thanks Stef
    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

So to get the conversation Started what ships do y'all associate with Classic Daniel?

I ship Daniel exclusively with Sha're until her death in season 3.
      sigpic
      thanks Stef
      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

*squee* I love classic Daniel...that is the Daniel that I fell in love with

I haven't got any pictures to share, but I just thought I'd stop in and join the thread.

As for ship...I didn't actually bother about shipping Daniel. I loved the friendship he had with Jack in the first 3 seasons though. There are some great moments. I'll maybe come back sometime later and discuss my fave Daniel and Jack friendship moments if that's ok? I loved Daniel singularly but the best moments for his character in those first 3 season, imo, was his interaction with the team because that brought out hte best in his character.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
        ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
          As for ship...I didn't actually bother about shipping Daniel. I loved the friendship he had with Jack in the first 3 seasons though. There are some great moments. I'll maybe come back sometime later and discuss my fave Daniel and Jack friendship moments if that's ok? I loved Daniel singularly but the best moments for his character in those first 3 season, imo, was his interaction with the team because that brought out hte best in his character.
          That is quite all right. I love Daniel's friendships with every one. I love his interactions with Jack but not in a slashy way.

I was just trying to get some kind of conversation going.=)
          sigpic
          thanks Stef
          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Totally on board with the premise of this thread. While I'm in favour of character development as a rule I didn't like some aspects of the turn TPTB and MS took with Daniel in later seasons. Maybe it was logical that he'd become more of a hardened soldier type but I prefer the early wide-eyed naive Danny.
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Yay! Nice idea Jess!

My absolute favourite Daniel is from season 8 (gosh, season by season action figures anyone?) what with him looking more relaxed yet still nice... but my favourite Daniel from the classic years has to be season 3 -- it's something about his hair (is it ever anything but? Well, ok, his hands, and, ahem, everything else), lol.

It was nice when he was a stronger moral voice back in the early days -- I rewatched Children of the Gods a few weeks back and Sam and Jack, or Jack at least was getting his gun ready, but Daniel just walked up to the Jaffa priests and asked 'em nicely, and got the info they needed. lol.

I think season 3 marked the end of his absolute innocence after having rollercoaster after rollercoaster during his first two years, and his acceptance that he's a permanent part of SG-1 (hence shorter hair). While he had the long hair, there was the belief that, y'know, Sha're's out there and he's looking for her... ok, before FiaD, he was still looking for her, but it was as though (perhaps in appearance only) he had an inkling that he may not get her back, and if he did, it wouldn't be the same as before.

On an O/T note, a particular scene in Chimera makes me sad (kinda wistful sad). you might recall that in the early years he had a double bed in his apartment, and you kinda guessed that it was ready for when/if he brought Sha're home again. However, in Chimera, he's got a single bed, and it's like a silent acceptance of his widowhood/single status.

: )
              Last edited by DrGemini2405; 11 May 2007, 05:06 AM.
              (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Okie dokey, now I've got a wee more time (emphasis on the wee, lol) to post, here's some thread warming gifts -- spoilers for size

Movie Daniel, played by James Spader -- cute -- he looks more like Claire from the series
                Spoiler:

Children of the Gods
                Spoiler:

One False Step - season 2 - Boonie Daniel's my second favourite (second only to hat-less Daniel... ). lol.
                Spoiler:

Demons... I think this is season 3, judging by the hair. Name doesn't ring a bell but just wait 'til I'm in the middle of a lecture... nice eye shot though.

: )
                (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                  Oh, I love Classic Daniel!!! And I miss him soooo much!!

hehe . . . croocked glasses . . .

I was just thinking about how much I hate his new glasses. They should have kept the old ones. Those look better on him than the new pair.
                  Oh, I agree -- his nice John Denvery ones were, well, nice. Those new ones just make him look aggressive (methinks someone... *cough*Vala*cough* snuck some testosterone into his coffee... poor, poor man, although... no wait, *checks thread title* that's it *cough*)

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh.....The Wonder That Is Two Classic Daniels......I adore Tin Man....one of my favourite episodes.....

Just to clarify please....I know that this is a "celebration of Classic Daniel" but..... it's not going to turn out where the "other/later" Daniel Jackson's character faults are going to be dissected too much is it?..... ....cos I like both and want to participate in this thread and enjoy it as much as I can...

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                      So to get the conversation Started what ships do y'all associate with Classic Daniel?

I ship Daniel exclusively with Sha're until her death in season 3.http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...iel-Share4.jpg
                      When it comes to Classic Daniel, I never really shipped him romantically with anyone but Sha're.

As for friendships, I really enjoyed Jack/Daniel. Their banter is priceless. I really enjoyed the whole team dynamic right from the start and that is what kept me watching the show. You could tell that each and everyone of them cared about each other equally. Fantastic writing and acting on all parts to have it come across so sincerely.

Okay, time for some piccies...hope you don't mind a little spamming. Let me know if you do and I will stop

Last edited by DJgirl; 28 May 2007, 04:42 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                          Ahhh.....The Wonder That Is Two Classic Daniels......I adore Tin Man....one of my favourite episodes.....

Just to clarify please....I know that this is a "celebration of Classic Daniel" but..... it's not going to turn out where the "other/later" Daniel Jackson's character faults are going to be dissected too much is it?..... ....cos I like both and want to participate in this thread and enjoy it as much as I can...

Deeds xx
                          I hope it doesn't either because I like both Daniel's too.

sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Nice thread Jess.....Is Classic THING!! allowed in here?.....

Deeds xx *who really should be in bed this time of the morning*
                            Thanks Deeds!! Heh, as Jack would say, yeahsureyabetcha!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Hehehe, I do miss, goofy smile, long haired geeky Daniel
                              Yep, he is a classic, alright

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                              Hey Jess!! Nice thread I will be the first to post a Fire and Water

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...20Water/29.jpg
                              *waves to Wendy* Thanks, glad you could come by! Yum, Fire and Water is one of my faves, as I'm sure you know

Originally posted by GottaLoveDaniel View Post
                              *Waves* Hi Jess and everyone else!!!

My fave classic Daniel look of AWE!!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...antalus-15.jpg
                              Hey GLD!! Aww that's gotta be my favorite too! I loved him in ToT, the way he was just in awe over the "meaning of life stuff" and how he gets excited once he figures out what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                                Oh, I love Classic Daniel!!! And I miss him soooo much!!

hehe . . . croocked glasses . . .
                                http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...el_candle3.jpg

I was just thinking about how much I hate his new glasses. They should have kept the old ones. Those look better on him than the new pair.
                                *waves* Hey Spacemonkey!!

I love that pic. The crooked glasses just make him look endearing. I really prefer his old glasses over the new ones too. I know people say that they've brought Daniel into the 21st century now and they don't make him look so geeky anymore... but yeah I miss the old glasses

looking just a bit Spader-esque here

Comment

Working...
                                X