This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jonas as new fourth

i just watched full circe again and I thought that jonas/daniel/sam/tealc complimented each other quite well. if jack MUST be chained to the desk then they should bring in jonas for season nine. he was always the one that prompted the others 'to consider possiblities they never considered before' if you'll excuse the ripoff quote from Q TNG series finale. he was a strong role model with scientific leanings that nicely undercut SuperSam and complimented Daniel's arcaheological scientific perspective just as well as sam

There are multiple topics on this. It has boiled down to the point of:

Jonas is the nuetral member, in the governing party of his planet. If he were to be removed, then his planet's governing bodies would bicker and begin to war with each other.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      Jonas is the nuetral member, in the governing party of his planet. If he were to be removed, then his planet's governing bodies would bicker and begin to war with each other.
      Not to mention (Shadow's devotion and adoration not withstanding), that TPTB don't seem to want to remember that he existed.

Comment

*sigh* *shakes fist at TPTB*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Not to mention (Shadow's devotion and adoration not withstanding), that TPTB don't seem to want to remember that he existed.
          Trust me, Jonas is my favorite human. If I had to chose between Jonas and another human, minus Sg1....it would be Jonas.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
            i just watched full circe again and I thought that jonas/daniel/sam/tealc complimented each other quite well. if jack MUST be chained to the desk then they should bring in jonas for season nine. he was always the one that prompted the others 'to consider possiblities they never considered before' if you'll excuse the ripoff quote from Q TNG series finale. he was a strong role model with scientific leanings that nicely undercut SuperSam and complimented Daniel's arcaheological scientific perspective just as well as sam
            I liked Daniel and Jonas together as well but there appear to be reasons they didn't keep him on the show. The main ones I've heard are:
            * His character's function and skills are too close to Daniels
            * Budget won't allow for another full-time cast member

I think they could have still used Jonas as a recurring character but that appears very unlikely at this point. I now believe --I've been convinced! -- that we're probably not going to see the character again, even as a guest. Jonas is back on his planet, helping his people, and it looks like that's where he's going to stay.

If SG-1 gets a season 9 and RDA leaves the show it seems like they'd have room to bring in another cast member. I just can't see it being Jonas. I also don't see him showing up on Atlantis.

Sorry....I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but that's my opinion at this point.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

The idea of Jonas- or someone else- as a fourth member of the team has been discussed quite a bit before.

* A fourth person for the team
              * Will there be a new SG-1 member?
              * Jonas as fourth member
              * My idea of a feasible way to replace RDA
              * Who thinks Jonas should come back

Personally, I'd love for it to happen, but it ain't gonna. They're already, what, 3/4 of the way through S8 and Corin Nemec says he has not been contacted to reprise his role. None of the spoilers mention him, either. It seems obvious to me that TPTB want nothing further to do with the character.

Even if there is a season 9- which I doubt- I don't think we'd see a single hint of Jonas except maybe in "previously on..." footage.

Comment

Maat you need the title of "Mistress Of The Search Feature".

Also, I agree with Maat, that there is no budget for another fulltime SG1 memeber.

They have a massive bill on their hands. Now with BSG, Peacekepper Wars, SGA, and the renewed SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  Maat you need the title of "Mistress Of The Search Feature".
                  Actually, I cheated a bit. That's the message I posted to the last "Bring back Jonas" message, minus some whining about Atlantis.

Comment

If there is a Season 9, I'd love to has Jonas back on SG-1. He doesn't even have to be in the titles, he can be a "And Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn" during the credits like Teryl used to get.

Hell, I'll even take Jonas just showing up in the final two episodes of Season 8, just to show that even if there isn't a Season 9, a movie would definately include him.

And this is so true:

Not to mention that TPTB don't seem to want to remember that he existed.
                    Amen to that. The only times Jonas ever got mentioned during Season 7 was when it was something that was "his fault" (ie. every gain Anubis made as a result of the Jonas Mind Probe). And his lack of a scene with Teal'c in Fallout was just criminal.

BYE
                    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      Well, I have to say that this bugs me TREMENDOUSLY!! It's like they want to forget Season 6 ever happened. I don't get it! Personally, I LIKED Season 6 A LOT! There are some incredible eps in Season 6 (Abyss, Redemption, etc.) so the way they act about it and Jonas irks me.

I'd LOVE to have Jonas back. It would help take my mind off the fact that we never see Jack any more. But I believe Shadow is right, it isn't going to happen...
                      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Sorry folks, but if you've been to those other threads mentioned and post-linked by Shadow, you will know that I belive any addition to the SG-1 team should give it a more military presence. And you know that I'm rooting for Lt. Haley to get the nod.

Am I still entitled to make this opinion known on this obvious "Jonas" thread?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I doubt that a premanent 4th member will be assigned. If there was, then there would be no room for Jack when he fancied a trip off-world.
                          But I do agree Jonas would make an excellent addition. I thought he and Daniel worked well together, and would have liked to see SG-1 become a five person team in S7.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ummm guys...there is no rule, that says a team must consist of 4 members. It can have 3...5...whatever. Its up to the general.

Comment

My feeling is that with Jonas back on Kalwana, he has been furthering along their defensive technology since he did in fact study all the blueprints to the F-302. So it is possible that Jonas comes across a means in which to contact Atlantis after discovering a
                              Spoiler:
                              device similar to what Sheppard found in the Puddle Jumper during the rescue mission in the season premiere
                              that reveals the location of a stash of experimental ZPMs that contain more power than the original ZPMs (they were going to be a means to battle the Wraith) and when he makes contact with Atlantis, they are able to send supplies as well as some of the ZPMs in exchange for McKay's help their defensive technology and in establishing their own Iris-like barrier as they have learned that the wraith once occupied the galaxy in which Kalwana resides, but were recalled back to the Pegasus Galaxy in order to fight the Ancients, leaving very few Wraith to deal with a rebellion on the planet.

Course this is all just a new plotline that I thought up in 5 minutes, course if Brad Wright and Robert C Cooper want ot use it, they contact me for further details
                              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                              X