X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Shroud" episodic images

can be found at

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/ima...4_01.jpg.shtml

just one question... wasn't Daniel in the episode? I didn't see any pictures of him. Any chance to get some of Daniel??

Originally posted by prion View Post
    can be found at

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/ima...4_01.jpg.shtml

just one question... wasn't Daniel in the episode? I didn't see any pictures of him. Any chance to get some of Daniel??
    I saw Daniel in two pictures in that set.

However I didn't see Teal'c, Vala, Sam, Mitchell, Woolsey or Landry...who I'm also quite certain were in the episode.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      I saw Daniel in two pictures in that set.

However I didn't see Teal'c, Vala, Sam, Mitchell, Woolsey or Landry...who I'm also quite certain were in the episode.
      WEll, one shot is out of focus, and the other is background. There just seems to mostly Adria and RDA shots, and was wondering if MGM wasn't releasing them or what. I mean, a nice closeup of Daniel in Ori makeup would be nice. And the rest of the cast too!

A shot like this (courtesy of a friend) would be nice

Last edited by prion; 07 May 2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        WEll, one shot is out of focus, and the other is background. There just seems to mostly Adria and RDA shots, and was wondering if MGM wasn't releasing them or what. I mean, a nice closeup of Daniel in Ori makeup would be nice. And the rest of the cast too!

A shot like this (courtesy of a friend) would be nice

On THIS site! Are you kidding? Daniel is the invisible man, just check out the pictures for Bad Guys. Not one single shot of Daniel and I KNOW he was in the episode, at least he was when I watched it. It's quite funny really, the lengths some people will go to to further thier own agenda, funny or sad depending on my mood.
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
          On THIS site! Are you kidding? Daniel is the invisible man, just check out the pictures for Bad Guys. Not one single shot of Daniel and I KNOW he was in the episode, at least he was when I watched it. It's quite funny really, the lengths some people will go to to further thier own agenda, funny or sad depending on my mood.
          There are two or three pics of Daniel from "The Shroud" and the MGM's OFFICIAL Stargate website/community.

Comment

I fully endorse the conspiracy to not show any pictures of daniel on this website.

Comment

It does kinda seem hard to be a fan of Daniel on this site, especially both early Daniel and 9-10 Daniel. I don't know much about fandom politics though,so I'm just gonna hypothisize that there's some back-history I know nothing about.

Sometimes, it sucks to be a new fan in an old fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
                There are two or three pics of Daniel from "The Shroud" and the MGM's OFFICIAL Stargate website/community.
                But no pictures from Bad Guys the episode I was posting about on this site the site I was posting about.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  I fully endorse the conspiracy to not show any pictures of daniel on this website.

Really? I'm shocked! And it's Daniel not daniel.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by swallowcliff View Post
                    It does kinda seem hard to be a fan of Daniel on this site, especially both early Daniel and 9-10 Daniel. I don't know much about fandom politics though,so I'm just gonna hypothisize that there's some back-history I know nothing about.

Sometimes, it sucks to be a new fan in an old fandom.
                    Don't worry about it too much, this is just one forum amongst many out there and the vast majority of the others are very, very , VERY pro Daniel. Even here you will find it is a very small minority that don't seem to like the character, too small a minority to worry about really. Daniel has just been voted the most popular male character on Stargate, so that says far more than a few posters dotted around here.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bounty was touted as a Mitchell episode. I saw one picture of Mitchell in the Bounty episodic images and not a very good one at that. I don't really think it's GW. I think it's what images are provided to the site.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959
                        We can only publish from what is provided to us. I spent days sifting through the MGM photo archives and choosing the best, most representative selection I could find from 20 episodes -- and, as a matter of fact, all the Daniel shots from "The Shroud" are filed as UNAPPROVED. Whether that's Michael or someone else I don't know, but that makes them unusable.

Then I contacted MGM directly to notify them of the oversight, requested that some Daniel shots from this episode be cleared, checked back on a regular basis, and still got nothing. As of today, two weeks after the U.S. broadcast, they're still filed as unapproved. (Half of the available shots are of the empty Ori chair.) NBC Universal, interestingly, has released no photos from this episode.

Thank you for assuming the worst.
                        Last edited by Darren; 18 May 2007, 04:30 PM.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Darren,

Thanks for explaining the photos. We were all wondering why the selections were what they were, and a friend of mine was saying that that was probably all you could get.

So I assume that's why there are no Mitchell photos from Bounty as well?

Comment

Rest assured that for the back half of the seasons, the photos we are getting are a thoroughly representative sample of what is available.

A lot of factors go into episodic photography. The photographer is generally booked for two of the seven shooting days, for example. The press folks do their best to schedule that so that s/he's shooting the best scenes for the promotion of the episode, but of course it's a somewhat rare day when every actor is working. Then the photos have to be sorted, approved by actors (for whichever actors have photo approval in their contract), approved by the studio, and who knows what else we're not privvy to.

I currently have no "Unending" photos whatsoever, because they weren't uploaded to the archive yet when I got approvals (or for weeks thereafter). Now they are, and I'm going to work at getting a large bunch approved for publication (including some very special behind-the-scenes shots from the last night of filming). The reason that we don't have them is not because "GW hates 'Unending!'"

EDIT: Yep, I just double-checked "Bounty," and there's nothing of Ben that isn't still pending approval. Same for Chris.
                            Last edited by Darren; 18 May 2007, 08:03 PM.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Not to belabor this point, but I am curious. I was at the Scifi site, and on their Bounty page, they have two pictures of Mitchell. Is this because they have a right to snatch up the photos they want for their exclusive use? Or is there another reason? I've also noticed that TV Guide seems to have pics that you don't have. I'm just curious how the whole photo thing works.

Comment

Working...
                              X