This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ANTI Season 5 Thread Complaints and Misgivings Only Please

I personally would love to see a season 5 and even more however i had to make this thread because i am fed up with people on the PRO season 5 thread complaining bout it so ive created a thread for you.

I don't see how you can really be anti a season that only exists as a mere vague possibility? Until we see Season 4, we can't even begin to imagin what form any further season might take?

Unless the anti stance is simply that the show is doomed/bad/awful and there should just never be a season 5?
    sigpic

Comment

Believe me bro i had to im fed up with the complaining going on in the pro thread.

Comment

How can we be anti something we know absolutely nothing about..

and don't even know whether we will get a season five.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          I don't see how you can really be anti a season that only exists as a mere vague possibility? Until we see Season 4, we can't even begin to imagin what form any further season might take?

Unless the anti stance is simply that the show is doomed/bad/awful and there should just never be a season 5?
          Agreed! Who knows if there'll even be a season 5?
          sigpic

Comment

You should open anti season 6, anti season 7 and anti DVD films 2007, anti DVD films 2008, anti DVD films 2009 thread to be sure that you can hate this scifi universe for years.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Okay people

You want there to not be a s5, cool. But you will NOT use this thread to whine and complain about those that feel otherwise.

I see any more dissing of other fen in this thread i'll start putting people on moderation.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Skydiver

Only reason i created this thread was because of the pro s5 thread their were too many people complaining about it and i felt it appropriate to create a thread for them as i said before i am all for s5 and more.

Comment

the purpose of this forum is to discuss the SHOWS, not other fans.

if this thread solely exists to bash those that want a s5, then it needs to die. and if the pro s5 thread exists for no other reason than to bash those that don't want the show, then it needs to die as well.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No i created it because people were complaining about a s5 in the pro thread so i thought i would create an anti thread for them, if you feel the thread should be locked then i wont complain i was just doing people a favour and i was being complained at myself for it.

Comment

i doubt atlantis will see the end of season 4, but if season 5 will still involve carter, and no weir and maybe beckett i say i am an anti-season 5 person
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        i doubt atlantis will see the end of season 4, but if season 5 will still involve carter, and no weir and maybe beckett i say i am an anti-season 5 person
                        I agree. Atlantis going back to its roots with Weir, Beckett and so forth would be the only reason to justify season 5. Other than that, no SG-1 season 12, oops, SGA season 5.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh my. You creating this entire thread because of that one post instead of, oh I dunno, reporting the offending post to the mods or something? I haven't seen the antis be all that interested in discussing s5 yet, but thanks so much for looking out for us.

But I am amused by people coming in here and posting "how can you be anti without it airing yet" in this thread and not posting "how can you be pro without it airing yet" in the other thread.

It's way too early for me to have an opinion on s5. Though if things keep going as they have been then it's likely that I will be posting here with my qualms. Provided the show gets renewed, of course.

Comment

No i created it because people were complaining about a s5 in the pro thread so i thought i would create an anti thread for them, if you feel the thread should be locked then i wont complain i was just doing people a favour and i was being complained at myself for it.
                            Since when is it a crime not to share the same enthusiasm as the majority? Following your line of thought, every user not agreeing with something stated in a topic needs to create his own topic just to express his opinion? You need to learn to accept other people's opinions.

It seems that sometimes stating the obvious leads to confusion and anger towards fellow members of this community. I merely illustrated that it is premature to think of a SEASON 5 giving the current situation.

the purpose of this forum is to discuss the SHOWS, not other fans.

if this thread solely exists to bash those that want a s5, then it needs to die. and if the pro s5 thread exists for no other reason than to bash those that don't want the show, then it needs to die as well.

Well put Skydiver. No need to segregate people just because they see things differently.

Oh my. You creating this entire thread because of that one post instead of, oh I dunno, reporting the offending post to the mods or something? I haven't seen the antis be all that interested in discussing s5 yet, but thanks so much for looking out for us.

Offending by what standards and criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              Offending by what standards and criteria?
                              Offending may be the wrong choice of words, but posting negative comments in threads designated "PRO" are considered off topic and are generally removed by the mods, just as posting positive comments in threads designated "ANTI" are the same.

In an ideal forum everyone would tolerate everyone else's opinions and there would be no need for pro and anti divisions. That's definitely not the case here. Pro and anti threads are needed so people can post their views without being harassed by other fans who feel differently. Fans still ignore those rules and harass others though, especially in the anti threads, but with those rules in place it makes it easier for mods to come in and clean up OT posts.

I'm all for an open season 4 thread for both pro and anti opinions, but I can predict how it will turn out.

Comment

Working...
                              X