This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are going to be no more stand alone eps

i found a link to a interview with rdm saying that there would be no more stand alone eps i.e hero/ the woman king

here is thew link http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2274344

that is some great frakin news. Was tired of those useless episodes.

Comment

That is a wonderful piece of news- there are many standalone BSG eps that I love, "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down", "Final Cut", "Flight of the Pheonix", "Unfinished Business", etc. but it's definitely too restricting if the network is telling them that they have to do a certain number of standalone eps. If they have a really solid standalone story, then I want to see it, but I don't want to see standalone for the sake of standalone. Bravo SCI-FI!

Bravo SCI-FI? Did I just say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        I think that you did just say that. And that scares me a little.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here's the bit from the interview:

AVC: You've said that the one-off episodes and self-contained stories are the ones you're least satisfied with. Why is that?

RM: Well, part of it is just that they don't have the richness of the other episodes. It's just not the show that we all like to do as much, and it probably shows in the final product. The more serialized episodes really continue to embroider on the characters and give you a sense of continuity of what happened to them last week and the week before and the week before that, and you're watching the characters grow and change over time. There's just a richness to that kind of storytelling that I think we all find much more satisfying.

AVC: Will you try to do fewer of those next season, or is it a requirement from the network?

RM: The network too has come to the conclusion that as much as they don't want the show to be serialized, the show is what it is at this point. I'm not getting a lot more pressure to do that any more.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Heresy of the most foul and treacherous order!
            Can TPTB truly get in all the necessary character development in one continuous storyline? Doing this may make it harder to catch up on events if you miss an episode, too.
            On the other hand, I wasn't really satisfied with the stand alone episodes in the last half of the season.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Yay. The episodes that didn't advance the overall story line always bugged me.
              sigpic
              FOX Network

Comment

I didn't mind them in the first and second seasons as much, but in the third they just sucked. I guess they did let us see the character's a little closer though, but maybe sticking those parts in as B-Plots would work, too.

At least we haven't had any clipshow episodes...

...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicket View Post
                  I didn't mind them in the first and second seasons as much, but in the third they just sucked. I guess they did let us see the character's a little closer though, but maybe sticking those parts in as B-Plots would work, too.

...yet.
                  even thinking about clip shows should be classed as heresy first degree

Comment

Wouldn't be the first time I've been called a heretic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicket View Post

...yet.
                      We were supposed to have one in season two- but RDM turned another episode into a two parter and didn't have to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X