• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Who - Think Geek: Sonic Screwdriver

From Think Geek:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8cff/

Price: $14.99

Alien Tool! (No...not THAT kind of tool...)

We here at ThinkGeek HQ just can't get enough Dr. Who. We all dress like different incarnations of the good Doctor, we pal around with robotic dogs, and some of us even sleep in our TARDIS (won it in a really strange poker tournament two years ago). So you can imagine how we danced with joy when we saw this Sonic Screwdriver set. Ready to handle a Time Lord's tool?

Each Sonic Screwdriver feels just perfect. It doesn't really do all the cool things in the series (just in case the Cybermen are able to buy them), but it does have lights and sounds straight from the show - and it extends too! One end has a purple UV light and the other has a pen nib. You can use the regular pen nib to write shopping lists and the UV ink pen nib to write secret plans. These can then be revealed with the UV light of the Sonic Screwdriver. Equip up, Junior Time Lords - it's time to go Dalek hunting.

Super Cool Note: The story goes like this: the prop made for the new series was small. Then this toy came out - it was bigger to accommodate the batteries - and the Dr. Who producers revamped the TV prop on a mold from this toy. So this Sonic Screwdriver is exactly the same size as the one Dr. Who uses on TV!

Sonic Screwdriver

UV ink pen nib & UV reveal light
    Authentic effects
    30 page Dr. Who Notepad
    Standard ink pen nib
    Dimensions:
    Screwdriver: 7" long closed; 8.25" long extended
    Notepad: 3" square
    Requires 3 AG13 button cell batteries (included
    Attached Files

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

But does it come with a standard 3-billion year interdimensional multiuniversal pluritemporal guarantee? If not, I'm not interested.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

We all dress like different incarnations of the good Doctor
      You should see my coat. I want it longer, its not long enough.

Oh and I WANT ONE!
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Hope you get one .
        These Sonic Screwdrivers are great fun .
        My son has both the beige and silvery barrelled ones ,and he dresses like David Tennant's Dr as often as possible.
        We got the beige screwdriver from a toy dept at W & G ,and the silver one through Amazon.com.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

i have that sonic screwdriver bought it off amazon when i got remembes of the daleks

Comment

*drools* ME WANT!!! tis my birthday soon *scratches chin* Muahahahahahaha then again my father does have certain issues with ordering things online... he rarely does it.....

Comment

i'm gonna buy one off of ebay..lol i <3 ebay.
              --star
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                But does it come with a standard 3-billion year interdimensional multiuniversal pluritemporal guarantee? If not, I'm not interested.
                A better questino: does it come with the owner?

... jsut to show how it works, o' course.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                X