X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC-304 vs. Imperial Star Destroyer

I've see a lot of Deddy vs things but I was wondering who would win

Odyssey with Unending Upgrades vs a Star Destroyer from Galatic Empire

I got to go with a Star Destroyer I mean they have tons of fire power and great shields even though it would be a great fight

and lets just that one had the advantage over the other then lets say how meny would it take to beat the other?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Odyssey can win

cloak the ship before exit hyperspace and beam nukes onboard ..... fight over

Comment

Easily odyssey

Star Destroyer was wiped out by an asteroid going right through its shields and smashing into the bridge.

An ori ship survived a hatak ramming it at full speed without ANY damage.

If odyssey can kill a ori ship in a few shots. I seriously doubt a star destroyer would have any chance against it.

Comment

I'm sorry to say but the star destroyer has so much more firepower then the Odyssey, I'm pretty sure the Odyssey shields would fail because of so much firepower from, the star destroyer. Also you have to add in the number of fighters, the Odyssey carries what 16 f-302's while the star destroyer has how many tie fighters? Alot I'll say that

Also the star destroyer is 19000 meters long while the Odyssey is 700 meters tops.

Source
        http://www.starwars.com/databank/sta...stroyer/?id=eu
        http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html#shields
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          I'm sorry to say but the star destroyer has so much more firepower then the Odyssey, I'm pretty sure the Odyssey shields would fail because of so much firepower from, the star destroyer. Also you have to add in the number of fighters, the Odyssey carries what 16 f-302's while the star destroyer has how many tie fighters? Alot I'll say that

Also the star destroyer is 19000 meters long while the Odyssey is 700 meters tops.

Source
          http://www.starwars.com/databank/sta...stroyer/?id=eu
          http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html#shields
          Actually a star destroyer is 1500 metres long. A SUPER star destroyer is 19000.

While i tend to agree that the star destroyer has much more firepower. You fail to address the issue that a star destroyer has inferior shields. Remember when a x wing was able to penetrate the shields by firing at one spot. Or when a fighter smashed into the bridge, destroyer the executor.

As per my last argument the star destroyer was DESTROYED by an asteriod smashing into it. That said all the odyssey needs to do is fire at one spot, the bridge, continually and break through the shields. Destroying the star destroyer.

In short the star destroyer has greater firepower but isnt' able to utilize it in time because of its shoddy shields.

Comment

From http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html#shields
            Shields
            The Executor's shielding defences were one of its most formidable features [according to the Williamson Classic STAR WARS comic strips]. The ship was considered virtually unassailable in the years between the battles of Yavin and Hoth. During the Battle of Endor, Admiral Ackbar realised that the mighty flagship could be defeated if his Calamarian cruisers subjected the shields to an especially concerted barrage, resulting in shield failure and exposure of sensitive structures (eg. bridge and scanner globes) to pinpoint starfighter strafing.
            So you don't really know how powerful the shields are and how much damage they can take. Also how powerful are Odyssey's weapons? They might be powerful in the SG Universe but the SW Universe it might be nothing. All I'm saying is that the Star Destroyer would destroy the Odyssey because an Ori ship was able to attack and defeat the shields on the Odyssey so the Star Destroyer would overpower there shields with its numerous firepower (Turboblasters, Ion cannons, Missles, etc......) so the shields would fail and then in one shot be killed becasue the Odyssey is so small compared to the Star Destroyer
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

Let's put it this way, in the Star Ways universe, heavy turbolasers on capital ships range from the multi-gigaton to terratons in terms of destructive force.

A single Imperial-class Star Destroyer is stated to have enough firepower to easily devastate the surface of a large continent in SW, although most developed worlds tend to be protected by a planetary shield (which is where the Torpedo Spheres come in, but I won't go into the details on that).

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                Let's put it this way, in the Star Ways universe, heavy turbolasers on capital ships range from the multi-gigaton to terratons in terms of destructive force.

A single Imperial-class Star Destroyer is stated to have enough firepower to easily devastate the surface of a large continent in SW, although most developed worlds tend to be protected by a planetary shield (which is where the Torpedo Spheres come in, but I won't go into the details on that).
                So your voting for the Star Destroyer?
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah.

And the odyssey has gatebuster

which are also on the gigaton - terraton range.

100 mile blast radius per missile.

The executor was taken out by an x wing.

A star destroyer was destroyed with a slow moving asteroid.

EXPLAIN.

Comment

Odyssey has a few Gatebusters while the Star Destroyer has tons of weapons that are just as powerful and don't run out after a few shots
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlankDots View Post

The executor was taken out by an x wing.

A star destroyer was destroyed with a slow moving asteroid.

EXPLAIN.

It was done in a movie. It was made for dramtic effect and the shield generator was taken down by a several Calmarini Ships. So lets see the Odyssey hold up to that
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

It's 'only' multi-gigaton. And those aren't exactly standard issue. And it's highly unlikely that they'd be able to beam one onboard a Star Destroyer, since that vessel has its shields online at all times.

And the Executor wasn't taken out by an X-Wing, it was an A-Wing (and even then, it didn't exactly take out the ship directly, but rather caused a chain of events which resulted in its eventual destruction). What happened was that the Rebellion fleet was ordered to concentrate their firepower on the Executor and were successful in knocking out its shield generator (don't forget just how powerful turbolasers and even standard lasers equipped on fighters are supposed to be in the SW universe). The heavily damaged A-Wing then crashed into the primary bridge, taking out everyone within and thus causing the Executor to lose control of its orbit.

There was actually a secondary bridge onboard the Executor, but before they could divert all primary controls to the bridge, the artificial gravity of the Death Star had already pulled the vessel in, causing it to impact with the stations' surface and thus destroying it. If the Executor hadn't been in such close proximity to the second Death Star, the crew would've been able to reacquire control of the ship and bring it back into the fight.

And I don't recall an asteroid destroying any Star Destroyer in the movies, at least not onscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                          It's 'only' multi-gigaton. And those aren't exactly standard issue. And it's highly unlikely that they'd be able to beam one onboard a Star Destroyer, since that vessel has its shields online at all times.

And the Executor wasn't taken out by an X-Wing, it was an A-Wing. What happened was that the Rebellion fleet was ordered to concentrate their firepower on the Executor and were successful in knocking out its shield generator (don't forget just how powerful turbolasers and even standard lasers equipped on fighters are supposed to be in the SW universe). The heavily damaged A-Wing then crashed into the primary bridge, taking out everyone within and thus causing the Executor to lose control of its orbit.

There was actually a secondary bridge onboard the Executor, but before they could divert all primary controls to the bridge, the artificial gravity of the Death Star had already pulled the vessel in, causing it to impact with the stations' surface and thus destroying it.

And I don't recall an asteroid destroying any Star Destroyer in the movies, at least not onscreen.

You get green for that
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            I'm sorry to say but the star destroyer has so much more firepower then the Odyssey, I'm pretty sure the Odyssey shields would fail because of so much firepower from, the star destroyer]
                            The sun has more power than a star destroyer and Daedalus survived the rays from that thanks to the extra power from the ZPM

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                              The sun has more power than a star destroyer and Daedalus survived the rays from that thanks to the extra power from the ZPM
                              when did that happen?
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X