#1003 The Pagasus Project Blooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1003 The Pagasus Project Blooper

Okay, I watched this episode again and I noticed something wrong with the Oddyssey. When The Oddy exits hypserspace we get to see the full view of the ship. Which is great. And if you look closely you can see that the command tower is on the port side of the flattop section. However, when we see the Oddy nearing Atlantis the command tower is on the starbard side.

It appears to me someone flipped the film. If true the shoot was filmed with the Oddy moving left to right towards Atlantis then later changed by flipping the film in post production.

Hope I explained that well enough.
    Just something I noticed and thought it odd.
    sigpic

just watched it. and your right. its on different sides.

Comment

I noticed this in 'The Shroud' and 'Unending' too.

I found it amusing, because I was only looking after reading the Stargate Atlantis season 2 companion, which tells how the designers had to fight to use the non-symetrical design for Daedalus because it meant film couldn't be flipped to save on budget.

Comment

LOL!!....yeah, I noticed it in 'Company of Thieves' as well!
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

I've noticed it happen quite a few times but it's not that big of a deal considering all of those shots are cg it's hard sometimes to get everything 100% right each time.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The question is, why bother flipping? Obviously the CG was done one way, so why change it at the end of post?

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
              The question is, why bother flipping? Obviously the CG was done one way, so why change it at the end of post?
              It's easier to flip the frame while editing than render a new sequence.

Easier = cheaper.

They do it all the time, and not just in animation.

Comment

you wanna see flipping in action, check out the freeze of the PJ at teh beginning of Childhood's end

the 'reflection' of hte puddle jumper in the water is really the puddle jumper itself. you see the top, not the bottom
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X