This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'Uld voice morfing thingey?

I was wondering, would that thingey they supposedly used to change their voice to Goa'Uld actually work? Or was it just a story element?

Would be kinda to cool

Otherwise would there be something out there to change your voice to Goa'Uld on Teamspeak?

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
    I was wondering, would that thingey they supposedly used to change their voice to Goa'Uld actually work? Or was it just a story element?

Would be kinda to cool

Otherwise would there be something out there to change your voice to Goa'Uld on Teamspeak?
    theres a device i saw that can change your voice through a headset and you can alter the bass or tone of it so you can speak like a robott or in this case a gouald

the device is about £500 though!
    sigpic

Comment

If you have a micropohone on your computer then you can use Audiacity to make your recorded voice sound like a goa'uld

Comment

COOOOOOOOL

sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

the thing they used in the show, probally just a prop.

but, it can be done with a pc
          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I would not mind getting that 'prop'

Comment

It's just a standard female-to-male pitch shift. I've done this before with my computer.

At least, that's what they're using now. In the earlier seasons I think they were doing a little more to the sound than that, but have since dropped some (most?) of the filters (to aid in the understanding of their speech?).
              Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

I did something like this for a class in school once.

All you do is add a phaser effect and pitch shifting (in sound forge)
                Visit my Website

Comment

Thx I'm gonna try Sound Forge, if that doesn't work Audiacity

Would've been a lot cooler if that "resonating of the throat" explanation in the ep had worked.

Maybe I'll try to build one myself once I get my hands on a broken force feedback joystick

Comment

Do they alter the voice of the actual actor or actress that plays the goa'ld, or is it just a voice over thing?

Comment

I believe that after recording the scene the actor/actress that plays the Goa'uld goes to the sound sudio and records there lines again where it is then altered and dubbed onto the scene.
                      Jacta Alea Est

My Space

My art

X5-752

Comment

Working...
                      X