This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stargate Daedalus" Mini Series

I think the Daedalus should get a SciFi miniseries. It undoubtedly has plenty of offscreen adventures transversing the universe. Maybe it would help to fill in the long SG hiatus's we get. Mitch P is certainly well enough equipped to lead a 6-ep miniseries, and they could flesh out the cast by expanding on his senior staff.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Interesting.....but unoriginal. Sounds like Star Trek to me.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

You don't think that the writers are creative enough to write a 6-ep mini series without ripping off Star Trek?
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

It doesn't need a mini-series, because it already has it's own TV series, Stargate: Atlantis, where it is featured in 5-10 episodes per season (after Season 1).

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          You don't think that the writers are creative enough to write a 6-ep mini series without ripping off Star Trek?
          lol not really to be honest
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

What's the difference between a 6-episode mini-series and 6 episodes of Atlantis that feature the Daedalus, hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              I think the Daedalus should get a SciFi miniseries. It undoubtedly has plenty of offscreen adventures transversing the universe. Maybe it would help to fill in the long SG hiatus's we get. Mitch P is certainly well enough equipped to lead a 6-ep miniseries, and they could flesh out the cast by expanding on his senior staff.
              As others mentioned, it has the potential to become either Star Trekkish or BSGish or any other host of sci-fi shows that focused on a ship. A ship traveling through space is probably the most used vehicle in sci-fi tv; I'd be wary of this.

That said, if you've got some original ideas on how this mini-series might be a departure from other sci-fi franchises, it'd be interesting to hear about it.

Comment

I think that in theory it could be great, and yes, Mitch Pilleggi is capable of being the lead in minseries like this, but They'd have to tread a fine line not to just be Stargate: Star Trek.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  What's the difference between a 6-episode mini-series and 6 episodes of Atlantis that feature the Daedalus, hmm?
                  Ronan, Teyla, 'Wier & Carson' (past-tense) don't get enough screen time as it is. Cut down the number of team eps, and we might have whole season without Teyla having a line.

The whole point would be to fill the gaps of the now 6-month hiatus, which is ridiculous. It wouldn't just be filler since it could be a nice arc, and since Mitch & everyone are recurring, it's not like we'd have the cast shooting year-round.
                  sigpic
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

My point is, the Daedalus is already heavilly featured on Atlantis. It doesn't need it's own program because Atlantis is it's show.

A Daedalus mini-series makes as much sense as a Defiant mini-series.

Comment

I'm not a Star Trek expert, but wasn't the star of that show the Captain of the Defiant? There isn't a single crew member of the Daedalus that is part of the regular cast or even the Atlantis Expedition.

And I don't think Daedalus even appears in the back half of S3 after the midseason opener.
                      sigpic
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I love the daedalus and I love MP so Id LOVE to see this happen! (even thought it wont )

That said, it would have to have a single focus to work, say, following the daedalus over a week while we're at war with the Wraith or Asurans. If there were heaps of one-off stories it would be oo much like Star Trek.
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

I think a mini series with the Daedalus could work, but the whole exploring space and coming into contact with some unexpected and random event (similar to Grace and how they just happened to encounter that ship) needs to be scrapped.

I am not really 6 episodes is needed, I could see 3 or 4. Perhaps have the Atlantis database spit up some useful bit of information, the SGA team unable to go, the daedalus is sent there instead. Maybe they'll need to find some sort of Ancient device, perhaps some sort of facility but something stupid happens and the Asurians are also aware of it.

sigpic

Comment

I fail to see how a stargate can be used here seeing as it is called 'Stargate'.

Comment

sigpic
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X