Heroes Future Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes Future Thread

Hi fellow Heroes fans.I want to start this thread to discuss the future of the show.

What impact will it have on television?

Will it become an even bigger hit?

How many seasons will it last?

Given the great episodes so far and the amazing fan response from the show I think it has the power to become a huge hit.Hopefully it will be able to save NBC.

I'm not sure it will have much of an impact on television in general, but I would like it to last five years. No more, maybe a little less. Basically I just don't want to see them beat it to death.

Comment

It'll be a hit for a while, but Heroes doesn't have some of the abilities that other space-faring scifi shows have.... Battlestar and Stargate could address issues that are in hot debate in society now by making a society have that problem, and the main chars being involved in it.

Not too easy to do in Heroes.

Comment

I sure hope Heroes becomes an even bigger hit on tv. That'd be terrific. As for how many seasons it will last, I'm hoping at least a couple more.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope they last long enough that it's played out a good story, but not so long that it get repetitive and the writing gets bad. but yesh, I think that for a while people will be all crazy about it... but in due time it will get old and the ratings will stay kinda average, not really spiking that much. It's viewers will stay faithful to a certain extent until ya know things get stupid. Like for example... Claire get pregnant and her baby is an evil anti christ figure out to deystroy the universe... wait wrong show.... oh I just bashed Stargate.... I feel bad now.... but it worked for Stargate!!! I swear!!!! ok let's use my dads theory.... if they bring God into the picture... now that... that would piss alot of people off... Christians because they find any one who thinks they know god well enough to portray god offensive, atheist because they don't believe in God, and people of non Christian faith because well.... that would be like the network is saying that the Christian god is real.... I don't know why I found it important to explain all of that... but... I did

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
            How many seasons will it last?
            If anything, Heroes has shown it can cover a lot of ground quite fast in one season alone. Personally, I could see it going for Three-Five Seasons. Any more than that would be overkill.

Most shows have in mind a five year plan when they start although few reach that mark these days...
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It depends...the producers and writers have hinted that not all the current heroes will survive/live, so that means that a long line of new heroes will be introduced with their own powers and backgrounds. Suppose it's a way to keep things fresh for both the writers and viewers plus keep salary costs down (guest star money?), but killing off or reducing the screen time of a favorite character(s) could have some viewer backlash. As long as the new characters add to the overall story and are interesting plus don't enter the MutantX syndrome, it should be ok. Right now only Claire has been in every episode of Heroes (according to many Heroes fansites). Hopefully the writers give each Hero proper closure or a reason why they decide to go underground for awhile before introducing or showcasing a new one.
              It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
              X