Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The effect of "Unending" on Teal'c's relationships (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The effect of "Unending" on Teal'c's relationships (SPOILERS)

Read no further if you haven't seen "Unending."

So, I was thinking... the bond Teal'c shared with Jack, Sam, and Daniel was obviously very strong going into this episode, and while he was Cam's friend and on good terms with Vala, he still barely knew them... and Landry, for that matter.

But think about this: having retained all his memories, Teal'c spent fifty years growing old with Cam and Vala, and had twenty years in a confined space to get to know Landry.

It's not totally insane to think that Teal'c may now be closer to Mitchell than to O'Neill, given those fifty years together. I mean, they got along well before that "Unending," but just hadn't had a chance to fully cultivate the friendship. Well, five decades is plenty of time to do that. While Cam doesn't have the benefit of those memories, Teal'c must have been profoundly effected by everything.

What do you guys think?
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Some interesting points there but I doubt it will be gone into detail in the movies. It would be nice if they slip in a few little scenes here and there about it.

Comment

I've thought about this as well. I really hope they acknowledge Teal'c's experience in future stories!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I can't wait to see how spenting 50 years plus with the term effects Teal'c relaionships with them but sadly I get hte feeling it'll be glossed over in the movies. It'll just be the same old term with Teal'c having wacky grey/black hair.

That is true MrMcKayCan, 50 years is a long time and Teal'c would know both Cameron and Vala very well, even better then Jack. He also knows Sam and Daniel on a even more personal level then ever before. I meant 50 years, you've have to had to talk about just about everything. So yeah I think the Cameron/Teal'c friendship should be closer on Teal'c side now then it was before. I've always felt Cameron is closer with Teal'c then Daniel so I'm glad of this. I hope it shows through is some ways in the movies. Forgetting about ships for a mintue, it's a real shame Teal'c won't tell them how they were all those years but he could do small things like buy Sam a cello (I have not idea how much they cost) or getting Landry a book on plants. Or making sure Daniel gets regular hair cuts when he's old
        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Don't forget Teal'c had his own neverending story with Jack: "Window of Opportunity."

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Don't forget Teal'c had his own neverending story with Jack: "Window of Opportunity."
            And we only really brushed the surface in that episode of what happened..

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as to say Teal'c is closer to Vala and Mitchell because he spent 50 years with them on the ship.

They spent 50 uneventful years with each other, but after fighting together, even dying together and Jack helping Teal'c to become the person he was, I think a few years of that sort of events would create a bigger bond than just 50 years stuck on a ship.

About 6 months of timeloops went by and that would have just increased the bond of Jack and Teal'c because they were able to do things in those loops that they'd never had the chance to do other wise and that just adds to it.

sigpic

Comment

All valid points but for there to be meaningful closeness between any two people surely both have to be in on it? It takes two to tango you know. Since Cam has not had those experiences with Teal'c he cannot feel the same way.

Comment

There may have been further bonding. They were stuck in space, facing death, frozen in time for 50 years. They spent endless hours battling, sparring, etc together for 50 years. It got to the point where Mitchell could even kick Teal'c's butt in that sparring. It wasn't like they were just sitting there. They knew they very well could die together in that loop. They ALL faced that together for 50 years.

Comment

remember oniell and teal's had their own little loop no where near as long as unending though teal'c could bond with mitchel vala sam daniel and landrey when in window of opportunity it was only him and oniell

Comment

I had forgotten about "Window," so that's a good point to bring up... but I stand by the fact that 50 years for people who were already friends is a loooong time and -- when those people are all you have -- those bonds have a way of strengthening exponentially. I suppose it's like being stuck in a trench with someone -- they're the beginning and end. For the time you're there, they're your lifeline.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

The writer might not include anything, but CJ might add it in himself. An extra look or smile or laugh would do more than spoken words.

the hassle then would be if the editor/director chooses to leave those little extra looks in
                        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*
                        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Like it matters, tealc isnt gonna get into a deep conversation about it, he will be tealc and keep it in up until a moment where it appears as if they may die and then he will give them all a look that will say more than words and we shall all have closure.
                          You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                            There may have been further bonding. They were stuck in space, facing death, frozen in time for 50 years. They spent endless hours battling, sparring, etc together for 50 years. It got to the point where Mitchell could even kick Teal'c's butt in that sparring. It wasn't like they were just sitting there. They knew they very well could die together in that loop. They ALL faced that together for 50 years.
                            Yes, but only one of them remembers it.

Comment

Working...
                            X