Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely done, HG.

I love this thread.
    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Very cool HirogenGater!
      I made those Jack customs a while ago as well. I was never really fond of t-shirt Jack, but when you add the vest and different head you get a much cooler figure. Now you just need to take it one step further and boil Jack's hat off. That way he can wear it backwards as he was fond of doing in the show. I've done it and was impressed with the results.

Comment

^ I am not a fan of the t-shirt Jack as well or t-shirt Daniel for that matter.

I plan on buying an extra Mitchell to create a Black Ops Mitchell to expand my team. My hope is DST will release a proper season 10 Vala (pigtails, and in Offworld gear, WITH A VEST PLEASE) so that I could create a Black Ops of her as well. The current Offworld Vala in Series 3 just doesn't do anything for me, and to top it off she will not be coming with a vest.

Comment

hey guys since theres a thread for customs figures i think it would be cool to post a few pics of my stargate sg-1 minimate. this is just a work in progress so its not 100% done yet. here is some pics i took of a sg member, later on it will change to a Col. O'Neill minimates with a Col. Mitchell to follow.
          here are the pics:
          the stargate with sg minimate:

a up close pic:

a much bigger pic:
          "Daniel?"
          "For crying out loud!!"
          "Roddney?"
          "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing more. Judging by your custom, Stargate minimates would be a big hit.
            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

That minimate is awesome Gen. O'Neill! I couldn't stop laughing at how cute yet determined it looks.

I collect the Marvel and DC mates and I think that the SG-1 universe would look great as minimates. That way a wider variety of characters could be made, and they would also be more in scale with the stargate.

Hope you continue to make more!

Comment

SG minimates are a good idea. You should post a question to DST in the Ask DST thread if they have any plans for them.

Comment

Thanks guys, so far this is just a small "one-time" thing, but i may continue later on. the head, hands, and hair is borrowed from two animated batmans i bought from ebay, i just got into minimates this year when i got the DCD minimates so that pic is a test shot to how it will look. im waiting for a few minimates i got from ebay so i can get the O'Neill one done. i ask that question in the Q&A, i think this will show what DST can do when they put their minds into it.
                  "Daniel?"
                  "For crying out loud!!"
                  "Roddney?"
                  "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG-1-Cu...QQcmdZViewItem

Figured you guys might get a kick out of that. lol I didn't do it, but it looks interesting.

The price makes me laugh, though.

Comment

That's really funny. I hate greedy people though. As if anyone is going to pay ANY money for that trash. My 3 y/o nephew could do a better paint job.
                      I have all the time and respect in the world for people who customise figures to make what they want but that .... well like I say, I don't like greedy people.
                      Indeed.

Comment

Ok, here is how my Desert Camo Teal’c is looking. I’m pretty happy with how he’s shaping up in general (I haven’t done this much painting since the 6th grade). He doesn’t match 100% to the uniforms on the show but I’m fairly satisfied. Not done yet but I wanted to get some opinions on how the camo part is looking. This is the trickiest part for me. Trying to be random without overdoing it.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                          Ok, here is how my Desert Camo Teal’c is looking. I’m pretty happy with how he’s shaping up in general (I haven’t done this much painting since the 6th grade). He doesn’t match 100% to the uniforms on the show but I’m fairly satisfied. Not done yet but I wanted to get some opinions on how the camo part is looking. This is the trickiest part for me. Trying to be random without overdoing it.

It actually looks really good, a lot better than the DST one as it looks abit too dark and miscoloured

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
                            It actually looks really good, a lot better than the DST one as it looks abit too dark and miscoloured
                            Thanks very much. I agree, the green on the DST figures is way too strong. If they move forward on the Desert figures I hope they chose again.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post

Looks great. Yeh your green looks a lot more like the one they used in the show than DST's. Are you going to paint the vest aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1_fan View Post
                                Looks great. Yeh your green looks a lot more like the one they used in the show than DST's. Are you going to paint the vest aswell?
                                Many thanks. I wasn't going to paint a vest at this time. Seeing as its flexible I was worried about the paint cracking too much. There's too few vests to go around right now for me to test it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X