Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Stargate Symbol(Does It Mean Something Else??)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Symbol(Does It Mean Something Else??)

The sgc symbol looks like one of the symbols of The Free Masons, a secret organisaion of the world

http://www.sg1archive.com/images/sgc_400.jpg Stargate Command Symbole

http://fusionanomaly.net/masonicsymbol.jpg the Free Masons

I'm reasonably sure it's just a coincidence, are they shaped similar? Sure, but so are lots of things that have no relation to each other. My wife is shaped sort of like an hourglass, but she can't tell time.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

the SGC symbol is the pyramid used as earths point of origin, the stargate and a chevron. the similarity is a co-incidence. although they are both secret organisations.....

Comment

What he said ^ lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          the SGC symbol is the pyramid used as earths point of origin, the stargate and a chevron. the similarity is a co-incidence. although they are both secret organisations.....
          It's not actually a pyramid (notice that there's no bottom line running through it). Ra just wanted his subjects to think it was.

Comment

the earth point of origin has always been described in SG-1 and the original film as a pyramid with the sun directly above it

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-glyph.svg.png
              http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...al_Reverse.png

And so the conspiracy continues...

Comment

the earth point of origin has always been described in SG-1 and the original film as a pyramid with the sun directly above it
                I don't recall it ever being described in the series as that. I could be wrong.

In the movie, they described it as "The sun hovering over a pyramid with two funny looking guys worshipping it" (or something similar) because that's how it was depicted on the headstone.

No doubt because Ra had tricked the little Tau'ri into believing that that's what the symbol meant despite the fact that the chevron is kinda too tall to be a pyramid considering it's sizes and apparently has no floor. I think it's pretty safe so that it's just something Ra told them and that it wasn't something the Ancients were thinking about when they designed that particular chevron.

Comment

or it could just be a bit of an ego trip for Ra. when Ra first arrived on Earth he already had a pyramid ship. it makes sense that an all powerful god would want to use a symbol of his power on his stargate.

Comment

For the record the FreeMasons are not a secret organization.

Comment

or it could just be a bit of an ego trip for Ra. when Ra first arrived on Earth he already had a pyramid ship. it makes sense that an all powerful god would want to use a symbol of his power on his stargate.
                      Yeah, that's an alternate theory of mine. Either Ra just lied to make it more believable that he built the gates or as an egotrip or he just switched out the Chevron altogether. I mean, it's just a button. Strip it off, put another one in place, voila.

Comment

its called a movie to series eff up
                        deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Are we talking about Earth's point of origin symbol? If so, which one? Earth had two point of origin symbols. There is the one we know as the sun over a pyramid or there is the sun rising or falling over the horizon used by antarctic gate (which I think was the original gate, the other was brought by Ra). or
                          sigpic
                          "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                          Signature made by RJB

Comment

it would be a cool story for a future SG episode at some time i suppose
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X