Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    I've always loved Kate Mulgrew's work! She and I are about the same age, and I remember her in her first big role...as one of the leads in the ABC soap, Ryan's Hope. I've followed her ever since...and really enjoyed her as Capt. Janeway. She was a really good leader and role model...kinda a precursor to Sam Carter.

I was glad to see her back on TV...but I don't like The Black Donnellys too much. I'm trying, though.
    Dating myself here, but I too remember her as Mary Ryan Fennelli on Ryan's Hope. For a soap actress she was a rarity...one who could already act! I enjoyed her too as Mrs. Columbo in the series (short lived) of the same name.
    Janeway was a role that Kate was meant to play. A leader who had to be tough at times, but never lost her essential humanity. (when i think they almost had genevive bujold for that role I shudder.... god was defintely watching us on that one!) She gave us the many facets of Janeway brilliantly.
    Last edited by Rac80; 16 April 2007, 07:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Are there any roles you'd like to see KM play if there were a movie made out of one of your favorite books?

I'm a fan of detective stories & I've thought that Kate would be a great Sgt/ Lt. Norah Mulcahaney in Lillian O'Donnell's books.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Are there any roles you'd like to see KM play if there were a movie made out of one of your favorite books?

I'm a fan of detective stories & I've thought that Kate would be a great Sgt/ Lt. Norah Mulcahaney in Lillian O'Donnell's books.
        Yep she sure would. She so wonderfully no-nonsense. I have often thought I'd like to see her play kate in Taming of the Shrew... she would give Petruchhio what for!

Comment

One of the newest Kate photos:

As beautiful as ever!

It was on this site: http://www.actionalz.org/home
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I saw Kate in her latest play "Our Leading Lady" last weekend. She was excellent! If anyone in the NYC area gets a chance to go, I highly recommend it!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              I saw Kate in her latest play "Our Leading Lady" last weekend. She was excellent! If anyone in the NYC area gets a chance to go, I highly recommend it!

You just made me cry now . Next time you see Kate tell her to use Warp 9 to Europe .

Comment

Has anyone heard if she's going to make any more appearances on Law and Order? Didn't she play a federal prosecutor on one of the L&Os either early this season or last season?

Comment

They had originally cast movie actress Genevieve Bujold, but she balked at all the work. I think KM was 2nd choice. But I think this was definitely a case where it worked out for the best.
                  I've seen Bujold in some of her films. I am SO glad Kate Mulgrew got the captain's chair! I don't think I would've loved Voyager as much with Bujold in the role.
                  My son likes Captain Janeway the best out of all the captains!
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                    My son likes Captain Janeway the best out of all the captains!
                    Cool! They always said boys wouldn't like a female captain, but I don't think that's necessarily true. Your son backs me up!

I think the key to strong female characters is for the writers to not get hung up on the fact that the character is a woman. And to get a talented actress like KM, of course.

Did anyone hear, did Black Donnellys get canceled or was it only a short run series? I only tuned in for KM, didn't like the show much.

Comment

yeah, kate mulgrew is a great actress and also a great human beeing.

I saw here when she was in london for the play "the exonerated"... (on her birthday..)
                      I will never forget that day.

There was a handfull of people from europe who traveled to NYC to see the play.
                      I wanted to go too but... well.. it's always a money thing (hotel, flight,..)

Comment

Originally posted by connyx View Post
                        yeah, kate mulgrew is a great actress and also a great human beeing.

I saw here when she was in london for the play "the exonerated"... (on her birthday..)
                        I will never forget that day.

There was a handfull of people from europe who traveled to NYC to see the play.
                        I wanted to go too but... well.. it's always a money thing (hotel, flight,..)

Oh wow, you were there that day!?! Awesome. Were you there when she was presented with the certificate and present?
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yes, tell us more!

Comment

Cough. I love these videos of Kate singing
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Eee, I love KM! She's amazing. I'm so glad that she ended up playing Janeway. Such a great captain!

Has anyone heard if she's going to make any more appearances on Law and Order? Didn't she play a federal prosecutor on one of the L&Os either early this season or last season?
                              Yeah, she was on SVU (my favorite of the L&O's). She was great in the episode too. I don't know if there are plans to have her back but I definitely hope there are. She was great.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I think Kate is awesome she is a great actress, only seen her in a few thinks, of wich STV is the main thing But she so totally acts with passion and love and does everything cause she loves it

on a side-note: I made my first STV vid and it has mainly Janeway in it so....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQwevelepoM
                                comments are love <3

Comment

Working...
                                X