Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
    Yay! A Kate thread! I gotta say, her portrayal of Janeway is one of the things that really kept me hooked on Voyager for seven years. Absolutely fantastic!
    I agree! I was totally excited when she was cast as Janeway!

Comment

Kate Mulgrew is AWSOME!! She is such a fabulous actress! I was lucky enough to see her in the off-broadway production of Tea at Five when it was in New York and get her autograph, she's such a sweet person!!!

LOVED her in Voyager, she made me become a Star Trek fan!!!!

I feel like a bad fan though because I haven't seen her in The Black Donnelly's yet, I just found out about it a couple of weeks ago and real life for me has been SO crazy w/ work and school

Comment

I like Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Nemesis, but that's all.

Comment

I've never met her myself - I would love to meet her someday, though! When I was on the tram on campus once, I overheard one of the professors talking about a show she did with her, and she said Kate was one of the nicest, most helpful and encouraging people she'd ever worked with.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

WoW! A Kate Mulgrew thread!!!

I loved her as Janeway. She took what could have been a cliche and made her something really special. So much so that she became my favorite Star Trek captain!!

I was so impressed in fact that I started looking for other Kate movies and shows. Did you all know that she was Mrs. Columbo? Well, she was.

Her start in the industry was of course on Ryan's Hope, where she blew everyone away as girl-next-door Mary Ryan (and that's tough to do with a girl-next-door role). When she left, the show just wasn't the same.

I have the movie with Pierce Brosnan plus a few other shows...like Murder She Wrote, or at least I HOPE I still have them. She was great.

Needless to say, I am extremely impressed with Kate Mulgrew. I'm glad I'm not alone!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sadly the only non-Voyager thing I've seen her in was 'Throw Momma from the Train'
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I used to watch "Camp Nowhere" over and over again as a kid, because that would have been the most awesome summer camp ever. (on a side note, I'm still trying to find the version of "Summertime Blues" used in that movie)
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  Sadly the only non-Voyager thing I've seen her in was 'Throw Momma from the Train'
                  Heh. That movie was awful!

"Be a chihuahua!" - a phrase that should never ever be said in a sexual way.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    WoW! A Kate Mulgrew thread!!!

I loved her as Janeway. She took what could have been a cliche and made her something really special. So much so that she became my favorite Star Trek captain!!

I was so impressed in fact that I started looking for other Kate movies and shows. Did you all know that she was Mrs. Columbo? Well, she was.

Her start in the industry was of course on Ryan's Hope, where she blew everyone away as girl-next-door Mary Ryan (and that's tough to do with a girl-next-door role). When she left, the show just wasn't the same.

I have the movie with Pierce Brosnan plus a few other shows...like Murder She Wrote, or at least I HOPE I still have them. She was great.

Needless to say, I am extremely impressed with Kate Mulgrew. I'm glad I'm not alone!

I *remember* (at least vaguely) Mrs. Columbo (also titled "Kate Loves a Mystery"). I saw Ryan's Hope when they did the reruns on SoapNet (only b/c KM was in it). I do think she was one of the best actors on the show, even at that young age.

I also read that KM and Pierce Brosnan didn't get along on that movie. Shows her acting ability I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I *remember* (at least vaguely) Mrs. Columbo (also titled "Kate Loves a Mystery"). I saw Ryan's Hope when they did the reruns on SoapNet (only b/c KM was in it). I do think she was one of the best actors on the show, even at that young age.

I also read that KM and Pierce Brosnan didn't get along on that movie. Shows her acting ability I guess.
                      Yeah I know she did do Mrs. Columbo but I've never seen any eps of them, always wanted to though. *pouts*
                      I always liked the regular Columbo series *used to watch it w/ my grandmother... *

Comment

I was but a mere sprout when Mrs. Columbo was on, k8tbug1.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          I was but a mere sprout when Mrs. Columbo was on, k8tbug1.
                          I can barely remember it too!

Comment

I liked Kate Mulgrew. Actually I like Voyager entirely cause of black Vulcan.Tuvok is so cool.

Comment

One of the reasons I love Voyager is Kate. She made the series exciting with her interesting decisions. She is very different from Picard, Archer, etc. Nobody could have played this part like her. I give her 10/10 for her part.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                One of the reasons I love Voyager is Kate. She made the series exciting with her interesting decisions. She is very different from Picard, Archer, etc. Nobody could have played this part like her. I give her 10/10 for her part.
                                They had originally cast movie actress Genevieve Bujold, but she balked at all the work. I think KM was 2nd choice. But I think this was definitely a case where it worked out for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X