No announcement yet.

Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are some great convention clips of KM over at YouTube. In this one, she talks about the 7 of 9 situation. I liked her answer in part because
    Spoiler:
    she doesn't put down Jeri Ryan, but talks about her overall vision of the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eon99...elated&search=

Comment

Here is a new message from Kate.

I love the last bit: "I am – and continue to be – blessed, conflicted, but in the end I would say probably one of the most interested people in the world. I am wildly interested in being alive, and I think that I share this with all of you, and I’m grateful for that association. And I thank you."

How deliciously over the top. Heh, our diva.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

thanks for sharing this. I hope she squeezes some tv into her schedule here and there for those of us who can't go to NY to see her in theater.

Comment

I hope so too.

And I hope the next we hear from her, she sounds less... exhausted and sad.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I notice she's keeping up her connection with Dubuque with this Alzheimer's Walk. Nice that she hasn't forgotten where she came from. I visited some historic sites/homes in Dubuque a year or two ago and Kate had done the narration for the video they showed about the history. From the docent's appreciative comments, I got the impression KM had donated her time to do it.

Comment

That is really cool!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Wow i havnt posted in here in ages.....well in that case i think i need to say.....Kate Rocks
                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                  Wow i havnt posted in here in ages.....well in that case i think i need to say.....Kate Rocks
                  Neither have I.

I just wish she had done more in the way of TV so that there was more we could watch on a regular basis. She did such a great job on STVOY. Really played Captain Janeway as one heckofa tough character.

And to think she almost didn't get the part.
                  Too cool for a signature.

Comment

yeah, it's hard to imagine another actress playing Janeway. She really put her stamp on it. One of the things I like about her acting is the way she can change the timbre of her voice depending on the situation. She gets really quiet or kind of deeper at some moments, if you know what I mean.

Comment

I just couldnt see any other actress playing Janeway. Kate Was just excelent for Janeway. Yeah i wish she did more TV too.
                      sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

I just couldnt see any other actress playing Janeway. Kate Was just excelent for Janeway. Yeah i wish she did more TV too.
                        Have you seen the one they casted (is that even the past tense of cast?!?) before...it really looked off... I didn't fit at all. I think Kate did a wonderful job with it and also made Janeway into who she is...
                        I think Kate is an amazing actress cause she really goes for it 100% and you can see that and she also enjoys it

Comment

no i havent but i can imagine she wouldnt be half as good as Kate because (as you said Kate made Janeway)
                          sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

no i havent but i can imagine she wouldnt be half as good as Kate because (as you said Kate made Janeway)
                            Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDzaZ8j_Ug

found another one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0

and it looks strange very strange It so isn't Kate, I can't seem to get used to it

to compare the last scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4-sNgJxybM
                            Last edited by RepliCartertje; 23 August 2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

thanks will look at them when i get home
                              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Has anyone seen the new medical show "Mercy?" Kate Mulgrew plays the mom of the lead character. I've watched a couple of times just for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X