Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

Default Re: Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Sadly the only non-Voyager thing I've seen her in was 'Throw Momma from the Train'

Photography | dA1 | dA2 | Fan Art | Fanfic | Tumblr
    New Fanfics:

Stargate Atlantis: Exile - Three years after Enemy at the Gate, the Wraith launch a devastating attack on Earth...

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis: Revelations - How each and every main character reacted after they found out about the Stargate's existence.

I used to watch "Camp Nowhere" over and over again as a kid, because that would have been the most awesome summer camp ever. (on a side note, I'm still trying to find the version of "Summertime Blues" used in that movie)
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay View Post
    Sadly the only non-Voyager thing I've seen her in was 'Throw Momma from the Train'
    Heh. That movie was awful!

"Be a chihuahua!" - a phrase that should never ever be said in a sexual way.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...ext_bubble.png
    Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    WoW! A Kate Mulgrew thread!!!

I loved her as Janeway. She took what could have been a cliche and made her something really special. So much so that she became my favorite Star Trek captain!!

I was so impressed in fact that I started looking for other Kate movies and shows. Did you all know that she was Mrs. Columbo? Well, she was.

Her start in the industry was of course on Ryan's Hope, where she blew everyone away as girl-next-door Mary Ryan (and that's tough to do with a girl-next-door role). When she left, the show just wasn't the same.

I have the movie with Pierce Brosnan plus a few other shows...like Murder She Wrote, or at least I HOPE I still have them. She was great.

Needless to say, I am extremely impressed with Kate Mulgrew. I'm glad I'm not alone!

I *remember* (at least vaguely) Mrs. Columbo (also titled "Kate Loves a Mystery"). I saw Ryan's Hope when they did the reruns on SoapNet (only b/c KM was in it). I do think she was one of the best actors on the show, even at that young age.

I also read that KM and Pierce Brosnan didn't get along on that movie. Shows her acting ability I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I *remember* (at least vaguely) Mrs. Columbo (also titled "Kate Loves a Mystery"). I saw Ryan's Hope when they did the reruns on SoapNet (only b/c KM was in it). I do think she was one of the best actors on the show, even at that young age.

I also read that KM and Pierce Brosnan didn't get along on that movie. Shows her acting ability I guess.
    Yeah I know she did do Mrs. Columbo but I've never seen any eps of them, always wanted to though. *pouts*
    I always liked the regular Columbo series *used to watch it w/ my grandmother... *

I was but a mere sprout when Mrs. Columbo was on, k8tbug1.

Ship Figurehead Standin Suzotchka's Avatar

I was but a mere sprout when Mrs. Columbo was on, k8tbug1.
    I can barely remember it too!

First Lieutenant

I liked Kate Mulgrew. Actually I like Voyager entirely cause of black Vulcan.Tuvok is so cool.

Brigadier General

One of the reasons I love Voyager is Kate. She made the series exciting with her interesting decisions. She is very different from Picard, Archer, etc. Nobody could have played this part like her. I give her 10/10 for her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrabyte View Post
    One of the reasons I love Voyager is Kate. She made the series exciting with her interesting decisions. She is very different from Picard, Archer, etc. Nobody could have played this part like her. I give her 10/10 for her part.
    They had originally cast movie actress Genevieve Bujold, but she balked at all the work. I think KM was 2nd choice. But I think this was definitely a case where it worked out for the best.

Colonel
    Second door on the left at the top of the stairs

Smile Re: Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    I've always loved Kate Mulgrew's work! She and I are about the same age, and I remember her in her first big role...as one of the leads in the ABC soap, Ryan's Hope. I've followed her ever since...and really enjoyed her as Capt. Janeway. She was a really good leader and role model...kinda a precursor to Sam Carter.

I was glad to see her back on TV...but I don't like The Black Donnellys too much. I'm trying, though.
    Dating myself here, but I too remember her as Mary Ryan Fennelli on Ryan's Hope. For a soap actress she was a rarity...one who could already act! I enjoyed her too as Mrs. Columbo in the series (short lived) of the same name.
    Janeway was a role that Kate was meant to play. A leader who had to be tough at times, but never lost her essential humanity. (when i think they almost had genevive bujold for that role I shudder.... god was defintely watching us on that one!) She gave us the many facets of Janeway brilliantly.
    Last edited by Rac80; April 16th, 2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typo

Are there any roles you'd like to see KM play if there were a movie made out of one of your favorite books?

I'm a fan of detective stories & I've thought that Kate would be a great Sgt/ Lt. Norah Mulcahaney in Lillian O'Donnell's books.

Colonel
    Second door on the left at the top of the stairs

Wink Re: Kate Mulgrew Appreciation Thread

Are there any roles you'd like to see KM play if there were a movie made out of one of your favorite books?

I'm a fan of detective stories & I've thought that Kate would be a great Sgt/ Lt. Norah Mulcahaney in Lillian O'Donnell's books.
    Yep she sure would. She so wonderfully no-nonsense. I have often thought I'd like to see her play kate in Taming of the Shrew... she would give Petruchhio what for!

One of the newest Kate photos:

As beautiful as ever!

It was on this site: http://www.actionalz.org/home
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...ext_bubble.png
    Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Ship Figurehead Standin Suzotchka's Avatar

I saw Kate in her latest play "Our Leading Lady" last weekend. She was excellent! If anyone in the NYC area gets a chance to go, I highly recommend it!

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Suzotchka View Post
    I saw Kate in her latest play "Our Leading Lady" last weekend. She was excellent! If anyone in the NYC area gets a chance to go, I highly recommend it!

You just made me cry now . Next time you see Kate tell her to use Warp 9 to Europe .

Has anyone heard if she's going to make any more appearances on Law and Order? Didn't she play a federal prosecutor on one of the L&Os either early this season or last season?

They had originally cast movie actress Genevieve Bujold, but she balked at all the work. I think KM was 2nd choice. But I think this was definitely a case where it worked out for the best.
    I've seen Bujold in some of her films. I am SO glad Kate Mulgrew got the captain's chair! I don't think I would've loved Voyager as much with Bujold in the role.
    My son likes Captain Janeway the best out of all the captains!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    My son likes Captain Janeway the best out of all the captains!
    Cool! They always said boys wouldn't like a female captain, but I don't think that's necessarily true. Your son backs me up!

I think the key to strong female characters is for the writers to not get hung up on the fact that the character is a woman. And to get a talented actress like KM, of course.

Did anyone hear, did Black Donnellys get canceled or was it only a short run series? I only tuned in for KM, didn't like the show much.

yeah, kate mulgrew is a great actress and also a great human beeing.

I saw here when she was in london for the play "the exonerated"... (on her birthday..)
    I will never forget that day.

There was a handfull of people from europe who traveled to NYC to see the play.
    I wanted to go too but... well.. it's always a money thing (hotel, flight,..)