Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate Universe Online View Post
    Show reuse set all the time. If you pay attention you will see this. just in the stargat sires i seen staff from star trak a coup of SyFy movies, and a few other places. Also it work the other way. I seen them us set in more then one movie it cheaper to do so.
    *Sigh*

I realise shows reuse props from other shows, and do you know how? They buy them. All of the SGU sets and props have been either auctioned off or destroyed, this has been made pretty clear by the producers.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      *Sigh*

I realise shows reuse props from other shows, and do you know how? They buy them. All of the SGU sets and props have been either auctioned off or destroyed, this has been made pretty clear by the producers.
      -__- I give up i have more impairing things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Universe Online View Post
        -__- I give up i have more impairing things to do.
        The sets and prop are gone, and that fact can be confirmed through a number of sources. SGU will not be making a comeback, and that's sad but almost certain. At this point the best we can hope for is a new series as the outlook for a film is margin able at best. I applaude your goal of keeping the dream alive, but at this point it's time to temper that dream with a dose of realism.

Comment

Yes it costs money to rebuild sets that have been destroyed but it has happened before so it could happen again. Never say never. Stargate franchise is not dead especially since they were talking bout revisiting original stargate which would involve hmmm i dont know maybe a Stargate? oh and maybe the sgc since it was in the original movie

Comment

I think SGU (and SGA) should definitely continue with third season. Maybe first movie too

To me it seems SGU:s problem was that first they pissed of all SGA fans and on the other hand SGU started too slowly and there was too much emotions **** even for my girlfriend. At first seasons I hated those moments when they played that really lame music and showed around ship how are dealing with their emotion stuff. Show was slow anyway and that was like walking in swamp or something. There was only couple of shows involved with those great aliens.

Season two is much better and now it finally arrived here in Finland. If I get both seasons at bluray I will definetely buy them (and same thing with full SGA box if I get subtitles too).

At the second season acting is also getting even better. Visual effect are absolutely perfect. And at general things were getting more interesting.

Third season with just a little bit more action and couple of good space battles etc would be success for sure

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                [video=youtube;jZB2mtC2SFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZB2mtC2SFM

That's great! Love it!
                sigpic

Comment

I just really don't understand all the hate that SGU gets... I loved it from the get-go. The closed atmosphere, the grittier, more realistic struggles, and the characters all grabbed me. I see and hear people complain about it all the time, but I really don't see it at all. I thought it started strong, went on all right, had some great moments, lagged a bit in the middle of the second season, and then came back strong. Maybe my tastes are just peculiar or wrong somehow, but I thought it was a smart, well-put together show with great acting, excellent sets, good CGI, and tight writing.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would like to emphasize the speculation part of this thread's title. I just watched all of Stargate on Netflix, for the second time. I have a different perspective on the uberStargate story, because I saw my first episode in 2009. (No live TV after the FDA switched broadcast to digital, and only CBS and PBS reliably before then.) I've been an SF fan since the 1960s, from Asimov to Zelazny novel, but it's not the only genre I like.

I watched them all bang-bang-bang, not week by week, and my favorite is Stargate Universe. I liked the original idea of a five-year character-driven story as the next generation of the Stargate Universe. Too bad it didn't survive.

Given Freytag's dramatic arc as the structure of a story, you get one act per season: exposition (season 1), rising action (2), climax (3), falling action (4), and dénouement (5). Granted, the exposition of season 1 took too long on screen, but it's too bad we never got to the conclusion. And I was not impressed by the drones.

So, what would the climax season be? How does Eli survive? How long does it take to cross the void? What awaits in the next galaxy? It's up to us, now, and our imaginations.

Is there a place to discuss this? Any good fan fiction sites? In general, can that be here?

D2

Comment

Originally posted by Dee_Too View Post
                      Given Freytag's dramatic arc as the structure of a story, you get one act per season: exposition (season 1), rising action (2), climax (3), falling action (4), and dénouement (5). Granted, the exposition of season 1 took too long on screen, but it's too bad we never got to the conclusion. And I was not impressed by the drones.

So, what would the climax season be? How does Eli survive? How long does it take to cross the void? What awaits in the next galaxy? It's up to us, now, and our imaginations.

Is there a place to discuss this? Any good fan fiction sites? In general, can that be here?
                      Well yeah; this is GateWorld; home to Stargate discussion. It's stuff was admirable but what they could of done (aside from improving the characters, enhancing the plot and the lessening of the gimmicks) was reduce each Season to 16 episodes; that way, there'd be less filler; it'd get straight to the point and less people would tune out because there wouldn't be as many episodes which aren't essential to the plot of SGU as a whole. Think about it, Lost had 16 episodes and it's plot was as focused as ever, maybe SGU just needed to settle down a bit when it came to the episode count.
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

SGU leads the way in TV nominations for the Constellation awards:

1) Best Male Performance in a 2011 Science Fiction Television Episode

Colin Ferguson (Eureka, Do You See What I See?)
                        Dan Payne (Divine: The Series, Lips Of Men)
                        David Blue (Stargate Universe, Gauntlet)
                        Jim Beaver (Supernatural, Death's Door)
                        Misha Collins (Supernatural, The French Mistake)
                        Robert Carlyle (Stargate Universe, Twin Destinies)
                        Robin Dunne (Sanctuary, Fugue)

2) Best Female Performance in a 2011 Science Fiction Television Episode

Alaina Huffman (Stargate Universe, Epilogue)
                        Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary, Normandy)
                        Chasty Ballesteros (Divine: The Series, Choices)
                        Karen Gillan (Doctor Who, The Girl Who Waited)
                        Meaghan Rath (Being Human, You're The One That I Haunt)
                        Ming-Na (Stargate Universe, Epilogue)
                        Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, Chuck Versus The Baby)

3) Best Science Fiction Television Series of 2011

Doctor Who
                        Eureka
                        Fringe
                        Game Of Thrones
                        Stargate Universe
                        Supernatural
                        The Walking Dead

4) Best Male Performance in a 2011 Science Fiction Film, TV Movie, or Mini-Series

Andy Serkis (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)
                        Chris Evans (Captain America: The First Avenger)
                        Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
                        Daniel Craig (Cowboys & Aliens)
                        Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 2)
                        James McAvoy (X-Men: First Class)
                        Ryan Reynolds (Green Lantern)

5) Best Female Performance in a 2011 Science Fiction Film, TV Movie, or Mini-Series

Elle Fanning (Super 8)
                        Emma Watson (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2)
                        Hayley Atwell (Captain America: The First Avenger)
                        Jennifer Lawrence (X-Men: First Class)
                        Natalie Portman (Thor)
                        Olivia Wilde (Cowboys & Aliens)

6) Best Science Fiction Film, TV Movie, or Mini-Series of 2011

Another Earth
                        Captain America: The First Avenger
                        Cowboys & Aliens
                        Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 2
                        Rise of the Planet of the Apes
                        Thor
                        X-Men: First Class

7) Best Technical Accomplishment in a 2011 Science Fiction Film or Television Production.

Real Steel, Animatronic Effects (Legacy Effects)
                        Sanctuary "Fugue", Composition & Score (Damian Kindler & Andrew Lockington)
                        Stargate Universe, Music (Joel Goldsmith)
                        Supernatural "Meet The New Boss", Visual Effects (Ivan Hayden)
                        The Walking Dead, Special Effects Makeup (Gregory Nicotero)

8) Best Overall 2011 Science Fiction Film or Television Script.

Being Erica, Dr. Erica (Aaron Martin & Jana Sinyor)
                        Fringe, Subject 13 (Jeff Pinkner, J.H. Wyman, & Akiva Goldsman)
                        Once Upon A Time, The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter (Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz)
                        Sanctuary, Normandy (Damian Kindler)
                        Stargate Universe, Twin Destinies (Brad Wright)
                        Supernatural, The French Mistake (Ben Edlund)
                        Thor, (Ashley Edward Miller, Zack Stentz, & Don Payne)

9)Outstanding Canadian Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television in 2011

InnerSPACE
                        Stargate Universe
                        Muse Entertainment For "Being Human"
                        Sanctuary
                        Shawn Levy, Director, "Real Steel"
                        Supernatural

Comment

Almost certainly nothing, but worth a mention at least, if only to note that Remi might be willing to spill the beans on the ending in a few years.

Speaking of Stargate Universe, I did get to quickly ask a bit about that. There’s been talk of something to resolve SGU in the form of perhaps a movie of some kind, but nothing’s yet solid.

“Brad [Wright, co-creator,] has been pushing for it for some time, and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear an announcement about it some time, but at this stage I don’t really know.”

I thought perhaps I could take our little remaining time to get some answers as to where SGU was going to go, had it continued. Seeing as there may be a movie, it was a longshot.

“I will tell you in terms of [the alien signal] that Brad had very specific ideas of what that was, and I know what those are but I’d rather not mention it in case there is going to be a movie. I will say this: he had a full story worked out in terms of what they were chasing, which is fascinating and interesting. But in terms of character development, we didn’t really have a clear idea about that yet.”

I did get him to give me a “yeah, sure” when I asked if I could approach him in a couple of years for those answers, should a movie never come to be. Personally, as a fan of SGU, I’d rather see it come to the screen in some form than hear it from his mouth, but I’ll take what I can get.
                          http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2012/04/03...ng-revealed/3/

Comment

jerem writes: [...] 2) Any revelation planned by Robert Cooper or Brad Wright, concerning the end of the arc story of SGU? How it should be end?”

Answer: [...] 2) Not that I know of. Given the opportunity, however, I’m sure they would love to deliver their big reveal. All they need is the green light from MGM.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...anese-mailbag/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Probably not where this needs to go, but I just bought Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD at Sam's Club for $13.98 each.

Comment

Andre writes: “I would so much love to hear if the SG Universe guys got to the end of the Galaxy. Maybe you as an insider could share some thoughts.”

Answer: That’s a closing chapter for Brad Wright and Robert Cooper to write provided they’re ever given that opportunity, I, for one, would love some closure as well.

shaneac1 writes: “if hypothetically speaking MGM and rob cooper came to you to write a script for a big summer blockbuster release of a stargate universe movie how would you write that story.”

Answer: This would be most unlikely since, in the event an SGU movie ever did get a green light, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper would be the ones to write it. If, hypothetically speaking, they wanted to hear my thoughts on where to go: Eli is able to reroute power from the shuttle to a pod and go into stasis, awakening one hundred years later. They find themselves in the clutches of an off-shoot of their descendants, a military civilization with designs on Destiny. Earth, meanwhile, has undergone major changes. Everyone they once knew has passed on but the standing world organization has been able to create a power source that, with the help of the Destiny, will create a stable, limited time wormhole to the ship. Some return, some remain, while some familiar faces (the A Team whose members allowed themselves to be placed in stasis should the opportunity to finally reach Destiny present itself) join the crew (I’m thinking maybe Daniel, McKay). The time in stasis has allowed Park to heal and she can see again while the crew’s interactions with their advanced descendants offer T.J. a cure for her condition. With the help of advanced Earth technology and know-how in addition to a few of the descendants themselves who turn against their own, Destiny is transformed into a lean, highly efficient powerhouse that kicks major ass and makes good its escape. That’s all I got.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...erse-movie-go/
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X