Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

The working title of the third Stargate television series has been unveiled! The series currently exists in the form of a one-page treatment of the story and characters, with the title Stargate Universe, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

The new series has been conceived to be "a completely separate, third entity," Cooper said in an interview -- "much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off seires of SG-1 and was sort of born out of SG-1."

Read more at GateWorld!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Wow, Stargate Universe? wth? That sounds like the title of a bad B-movie to me. I hope they change it, and fast.
      sigpic
      Sig quote c/o Spiletta42, Sig pic a gift from JennniferJF. TY!
      Reality is for people who can't handle Science-Fiction

Comment

They say it will not directly relate to any of the other stargate series, but still be in the same era... Wonder how they will do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan View Post
          They say it will not directly relate to any of the other stargate series, but still be in the same era... Wonder how they will do this.
          I actually like that idea. I agree with what the producer said in the article, about how important that aspect of SG is to the series. I *really* would not watch it if it were set in any other time period (Star Trek: Enterprise anyone?). But, seriously, unless the series is set further away than the Pegasus Galaxy . . . "Universe" sounds a little too ostentatious, so much so that it sounds campy to me. The SG ptb do amazing things, but I'm not sure they can really fit the whole universe into one show.

Of course I could be overanalyzing this whole thing. I just want the new series to do well and to attract audiences that may be new to the SG franchise.
          sigpic
          Sig quote c/o Spiletta42, Sig pic a gift from JennniferJF. TY!
          Reality is for people who can't handle Science-Fiction

Comment

I really don't know what to think. I'm so intrigued and yet I don't know anything. But I do know that I don't like the name.

What do you all think?
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Well, I really don't like it either. And I hope that this show isn't going to be a failure as it is sounding that way.

www.oriclan.tk

Comment

Freaking YES!!!

Holy crap, I'm so excited. They must release the one-page treatment immediately! Thanks for the update Darren. Made my month!

What could it possibly mean, "Universe". I'm excited, that's all I have to say. I just hope the premise relates to the title... it'd be a little weird if it didn't.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I don't mind the name, it sounds ok
                  I also like that it's going to be something new and seperate from SG1 and Atlantis, even more than Atlantis was from SG1.
                  the only thing that worries me is what Cooper said about it being set in the present, I can't imagine how they could possibly pull that off.
                  that aside, I've really grown to dislike the cliche' present day earth situation
                  I hope we see something different

Comment

Originally posted by Hallowed View Post
                    Well, I really don't like it either. And I hope that this show isn't going to be a failure as it is sounding that way.
                    Uh, what? How can that kind of assertion possibly be made. We know absolute nothing at all about it to make any judgments yet lol.

I'm excited. I can't make a judgment on the title yet because I don't know how it correlates with the premise of the show.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I don't like the name, but I hope the show will be just as good as SG-1 and SGA.
                      spoilers for unending:
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe it's set in an alternate universe?

www.oriclan.tk

Comment

I expect they'll change the title by the time it'll go to production, sounds way too much like a working title to me.

Then again, I've no iea what it's about, so...

(I s'pose my Jaffa politics spin off will be delayed to the fourth show? )
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Awesome!...but the name sounds too generalised. But apart that from great news!
                            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                            The Strongest Will Survive!
                            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

I dont know what to think of the show yet seeing how we have nothing o go with yet ... I mean it could be something setup where they are off fighting alot more enmies throw out the whole Universe , or it could be just be a code name at this point ....

I just hope they keep something from Atlantis and SG-1 and bring it over to the new show ... I also hope they could get something ready for either this fall or maybe setup something where once STARGATE SG-A is in a med season , they start up this new series ... having STARGATE going for a year around show ...

Comment

Working...
                              X