This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Enterprise Appreciation Thread

Enterprise obviously didn't have the lifetime of some of the other shows, but I think the problems it went through galvanized the fans and made them really dedicated to it. When I first saw the pilot, I didn't think much of it. I don't think it was a particularly strong pilot, but the show got a lot better as it went on. I think the fact that it was cancelled had as much to do with reorganization at Paramount as what they thought of the show.

In retrospect I think the show was really underappreciated and like all Trek has done, could really have picked up steam right around season 3/4. I thought Season 2 was full of "nice little episodes" here and there, but lacked any cohesion. It was like TOS where they just flew around randomly doing stuff, and I think people have gotten bored with that. I know I sure have. So Season 3 was one huge, long arc. It was a little exhausting over a whole year, but if you watch them back to back it was excellent. Maybe a little too dark for some trekkies, but I thought it was a nice, welcome change. Season 4 just really got even stronger, and I think they could have had a beautiful "formation of the Federation" theme to work with as an arc model for the next few seasons.

Are there any lurking, in-the-closet Enterprise fans around here that want to come out and confess? Even better any Trip/T'Pol shippers? . All are welcome!

I will! I liked the show even though I felt that the producers really didn't seem to try as hard on that one as some of the others. (But I'll leave that stuff to another thread!) I think I enjoyed it becuase of the characters. No matter what the story line, I liked all of them. I would have liked to see the T-Pol / Trip storyline ended better than it did, especially for Trip!
    Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

There is a Pro Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread already. Link.

I am a huge fan of ENT. Watched it all for the 1st time last year, and it was great. Got me back into Trek. The Xindi arc was amazing
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I liked Enterprise and I didn't care that the storylines didn't always match up with TOS. I felt that records get lost, some get classified and forgotten, and after a few hundred years many things do not seem to matter any more! The details got lost in time so things seemed (were) different between the two series. They did a good job making the first enterprise look less advanced than TOS. The characters were the typical archetypes and the actors filled their roles very well. I loved Hoshi as the reluctant explorer, trip as the gung-ho engineer, and malcom as the (slightly sinister) security chief. T'Pol had to deal with a lot of overt hostility from some other crew members and Archer was the perfect captain. (ok did anyone else think of the young african american pilot in Galaxy quest when they first saw travis????? or I am the only one?)

Comment

Working...
        X