Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now we know why Cassandra had auto-dailer in "1969"..Unending spoilers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we know why Cassandra had auto-dailer in "1969"..Unending spoilers.

It all makes sense now she had auto-dialer well beyond Earth technology in the episode "1969" without the interference of help from aliens..... aliens meaning

Spoiler:
    The Asgard! We've seen them use auto-dialers before and in "Unending" they gave us all their technology so we could now have auto-dialers.Could this have been planned for 8 years or just a nice coincidence???

If someones already figured this out and I'm late then...just forget it.
    Last edited by monkey_man132; 21 March 2007, 04:11 PM.

good old freyr
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
      good old freyr
      I just edited it, I think it was actually Thor, in "Small Victories", who used auto-dialer but I'm still not sure cause the website where I could watch all the Stargate episodes took them down so I'm low on material and I'm broke so i cant just buy every season to fill my amusement.

Comment

this could not be the case-this thing with Casandra might not even happen anymore after they changed the timeline in moebius and the asgard might have had nothing to do with it
        or
        in Casandra's timeline they exist and asre still alive but have just shared with us(it has been 70yrs after all)
        MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
        I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

They didn't change the timeline in Moebius, the SG-1 you see at the begining is an alternate one.

Comment

the timeline was still changed once tho wasnt it? in one episode

Comment

The SG-1 in Moebius and from then has been technically the fourth SG-1 since the beginning (it's happened 4 times, the first team since the beginning went back to Egypt, the second was the second one in Moebius, the third was the SG-1 at the end of Moebius, and the fourth is an alternate timeline in which the Atlantis team died. Technically five if you count the one in 2010) but the one that we're currently watching is technically the ONLY one as time has been altered in the past in different ways eliminating all of the others. The only difference is that Jack's lake now has fish.

As for the auto dialler, yes it does explain it, but with it being 70 years in the future they probably would have been advanced enough to make their own without the Asgards help. But as they say "the future is always in motion" so I doubt that the future with Cassandra in will even happen, or that we'll see it. The writers haven't got everything mapped out so they'll change what they want to fit the new storylines, so who knows?
              sigpic

Comment

Actually, according to the audio commentaries, Jack's lake has always had fish. He's just a really poor fisherman.

1) He doesn't use bait.
                2) He reels it in the minute it touches the water, leaving no time for the fish to bite.

Although the timeline has been altered numerous times, the SG-1 in "Children of the Gods" is the same SG-1 as the one at the end of "Moebius" and also the one in "Unending" (as far as we know). We're the results of the tampering of the timelines.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  Actually, according to the audio commentaries, Jack's lake has always had fish. He's just a really poor fisherman.

1) He doesn't use bait.
                  2) He reels it in the minute it touches the water, leaving no time for the fish to bite.
                  I stand corrected- I just assumed all the comments about it not having fish, then suddenly at the end of Moebius meant that it was the only change.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
                    The SG-1 in Moebius and from then has been technically the fourth SG-1 since the beginning (it's happened 4 times, the first team since the beginning went back to Egypt, the second was the second one in Moebius, the third was the SG-1 at the end of Moebius, and the fourth is an alternate timeline in which the Atlantis team died. Technically five if you count the one in 2010) but the one that we're currently watching is technically the ONLY one as time has been altered in the past in different ways eliminating all of the others. The only difference is that Jack's lake now has fish.

As for the auto dialler, yes it does explain it, but with it being 70 years in the future they probably would have been advanced enough to make their own without the Asgards help. But as they say "the future is always in motion" so I doubt that the future with Cassandra in will even happen, or that we'll see it. The writers haven't got everything mapped out so they'll change what they want to fit the new storylines, so who knows?
                    Thats what i always had assumed. Lets be honest though we know nothing about that future except that the ramp had blue lights instead of railings and all the guns were covered up. With the fact that she had tech like the auto-dialer i think it would be a fair assumption that the room we saw is no longer used as the gate room. i would have thought by that point the program would have been public and so the gate moved to a more friendly place and one like we saw in 2010.

Also slightly off topic but i would quite like to see the gate moved to the antarctic site (it's original home) maybe i'm just bored of Cheyenne mountain. Perhaps it should disappear with the series that way we have something visible to help differentiate the series from the movies.

Comment

Well, the stargate is still there, but that would be explained by the presence of a DHD on the other gate, if they moved their dialing computer then the gate usually wouldn't be used

Comment

Thats assuming they had both gates still..

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                          It all makes sense now she had auto-dialer well beyond Earth technology in the episode "1969" without the interference of help from aliens..... aliens meaning

Spoiler:
                          The Asgard! We've seen them use auto-dialers before and in "Unending" they gave us all their technology so we could now have auto-dialers.Could this have been planned for 8 years or just a nice coincidence???

If someones already figured this out and I'm late then...just forget it.
                          nice catch now i just need to see the epios.e

Comment

It seems logical. I was thinking the same thing
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

The Nox Lya was capable to open the stargate without dialing in Enigma too.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X