Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Stargate SG-1 "Series Finale" (SPOILERS-Unending)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Stargate SG-1 "Series Finale" (SPOILERS-Unending)

The writers of SG-1 have been trying to end the Show since Season 5 (with the exception of Season 9), and now that the show is done, I curious to know what you guys think is the best of the potential (and the actual finale) SG-1 Series Finales.

Here are your choices
    -Revelations
    -Full Circle
    -Lost City
    -Moebius
    -Unending

I personally think the best "Series Finale" was Full Circle because it had a lot of action scenes (and visual effects), it took place on Abydos, and my name was mentioned that episode (as mentioned by Anubis).
    Revelations
    4.00%
    Full Circle
    14.00%
    Lost City
    34.00%
    Moebius
    22.00%
    Unending
    26.00%
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 20 March 2007, 02:34 PM.
    sigpic

Many consider "Reckoning," "Threads," and "Moebius" a 5-part finale.

If so, S8 finale gets my vote. Otherwise, "Lost City." "Unending" was a fairly good ep., but nowhere near the scope of the others, heck the action ended after the first few minutes.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Unending

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        Many consider "Reckoning," "Threads," and "Moebius" a 5-part finale.
        I'm one of those people, although I consider Reckoning and Threads as a 3-part Finale.
        sigpic

Comment

I would say Lost City but it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger so i wouldn't call it a series finale. I agree with Ripple in Space I consider the end of season 8 to be a 5 part series final. Revalations is the worst as it has no real resolution to it. I also have big story point issues with Full Circle.
          Insert Witty Remark Here

Comment

Unending...apart from my fav character and race dieing
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
              Unending...apart from my fav character and race dieing
              Whos your favorite character
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

i picked Lost City. it had everything this fan loves about stargate sg1.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Moebius because we had an epic fight before and this was just relaxed and calm just like SG-1 should go out on. This was a great ending even though I would have had more and I still want more
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                    I agree with Ripple in Space I consider the end of season 8 to be a 5 part series final.
                    Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                    I'm one of those people, although I consider Reckoning and Threads as a 3-part Finale.
                    Well since the season doesn't end until Moebius....

Can we specify whether this is the case? IMO Moebius doesn't hold a candle to Lost City, but all 5 parts throw it above the rest.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I would have to say Camelot, even though it wasn't a 'series finale'

Comment

I think Full circle was the best. It brought it back to the place from the beginning and that seems a good place to end it all. It had great action as well as a real feeling of urgency about it.
                        Great all round.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i picked Lost City. it had everything this fan loves about stargate sg1.

sally
                          Indeed That what I choose later. I think that this was the best piece of epic storytelling that this series produced. Except for Threads, which is my fav ep overall.

Comment

I went with Moebius. I would agree that Lost City is a superior episode, but as a finale, I think Moebius takes the cake. Revelations didn't resolve anything really, and Full Circle (as fantastic of a wrap up as it is) seemed to open some interesting doors that needed to be explored.

In order to decide if the finale was good, look at the episode that follows in, namely "Redemption", "Fallen", "New Order" and "Avalon". Which of those seems the most contrived to get things rolling again?

Comment

Revelations
                              I became a fan in Season 2, but I didn't expect a long run. I figured it'd last five years, and that'd be it. I found out there'd be a 6th season before hearing about this episode being a potential series finale. However, in hindsight, it would have worked as a good finale. I suspect as early as Season 5, they were going to follow up the series with the movie Stargate: The Lost City?

Full Circle
                              This episode deffinately would have worked as the series finale. The return to Abydos, the return of Dr. Jackson and Skaara, Anubis as the main villain, lots of gun fights and explossions, this episode had it all! Plus, this episode would have been followed up with the movie Stargate: The Lost City.

Lost City
                              I don't know if this episode was intended to be a series finale. I believe Season 8 was ordered before a season finale was written, and since SciFi wanted Season 8 and Atlantis, they didn't have time to make the movie Stargate: The Lost City, so they reworked it as the 84-minute Season 7 finale "Lost City." However, if SciFi had changed their minds on Season 8, this would have made a perfect series finale. O'Neill's fate could have been resolved in the series premiere of Atlantis or an SG-1 movie.

Moebius
                              "Lost City" would be a much better series finale, but then we wouldn't have had Season 8 which contained the climax of the Goa'uld and Replicator plots. "Moebius" would have made a good series finale and was the right time to end the show. Alas, they continued with the Ori plot.

Unending

Spoiler:
                              A big let down. Was it a good episode? Yes, I loved it, except for the death of the Asgard which was utterly stupid. This would be a good season finale, but a series finale? I'd compare it to "Revelations." It doesn't hold a candle to "Full Circle," "Lost City," nor "Moebius."

Comment

Working...
                              X