This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld & Tok'ra Voice Thing

If as Baal stated that he does not need to use the deep & echoee voice effect and that it was just for show and intimidation, Why do the Tok'ra use it, they are meant to be non intimidating and a non aggessive race.
    Me thinks it was just another money saver for the producers and time saver for the sound effects guys
    I WILL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND

Originally posted by Palantir71 View Post
    If as Baal stated that he does not need to use the deep & echoee voice effect and that it was just for show and intimidation, Why do the Tok'ra use it, they are meant to be non intimidating and a non aggessive race.
    Me thinks it was just another money saver for the producers and time saver for the sound effects guys
    they use it to show when the Tok'ra is in control
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

So someone speaking with a Tok'ra can tell who exactly they're speaking to (the host or the symbiote), since two consciousnesses share the body, unlike with the Goa'uld. Alot simpler than saying each time 'Okay, now you're talking with Selmak ... okay, now with Jacob.', for example. Or at least that's what I think. It makes sense.
      sigpic

Comment

Agreed. (The key difference with the Tokra is that they lower their head/close their eyes when the symbiont assumes control. My guess is that they don't like showing the glowing eyes)
        The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

What they said. And I think Baal does it to show he's not afraid of the humans of Earth. Either that or he knows that they don't really get afraid of a deep voice
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            What they said. And I think Baal does it to show he's not afraid of the humans of Earth. Either that or he knows that they don't really get afraid of a deep voice
            I always assumed that Baal uses his "human" voice to try and pretend to be less threatening... right before he tries to kill you.

That, and the SG-1 writers wanted an excuse to hear Cliff Simon's real voice on screen.
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I think they did it so that we, the viewer, could tell who was speaking
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

2 minutes of editing in sound forge and you can make ANYONE sound like a Goa'uld
                Visit my Website

Comment

Also, nerus (sg1 season 9) said they don;t always have to speak like that..

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    2 minutes of editing in sound forge and you can make ANYONE sound like a Goa'uld
                    Or a Dalek
                    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Also, nerus (sg1 season 9) said they don;t always have to speak like that..

Yep. It was Nerus, Not Baal

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

IIRC Ba'a; also mentioned that..

Comment

Working...
                        X