Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this sound farmiliar? Unending Spoilers....discussion of unending plot point

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound farmiliar? Unending Spoilers....discussion of unending plot point

The ancients were more advanced than the wraith but the wraith had greater numbers...

The tauri now are as advanced as the asgard now and are outnumberd...will this go south like the ancients or will they take up the legacy of the 5th race

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
    The ancients were more advanced than the wraith but the wraith had greater numbers...

The tauri now are as advanced as the asgard now and are outnumberd...will this go south like the ancients or will they take up the legacy of the 5th race
    SPOILERS!!

We seem to of learned from the previous 4 races mistakes already, let's hope for the best.
    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
    www.7-scales.co.uk
    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Maybe the Tauri will go where the Ancients went, and leave the known Universe for the "lesser" beings to fight over.

~Dave

Comment

The thing is that the Ancients seemed to decide that they couldn't be bothered to put up the fight anymore. They didn't have the same sense of humanity that the Tau'ri humans have - primarily because their own race was so peaceful. I think that the Tau'ri humans are much better because they have a sense of what it means to fight a war and utilise a wide variety of tactics. They really have what it takes to defeat their enemies and become a force for good throughout several galaxies.
        //

O'Neill: Phasers?
        Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
          The tauri now are as advanced as the asgard...
          When did this happen? The Tauri are still waaay behind the Asgard; they've simply given us some technology that we can't even figure out how to recreate.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
            When did this happen? The Tauri are still waaay behind the Asgard; they've simply given us some technology that we can't even figure out how to recreate.
            When did they say we can't recreate it? What would be the purpose of the Asgard giving us all their technology if we can't use it on more then one ship?

Comment

I suspect the Ancients were a force for good in the Universe at one time. They were one of the original numbered races. But it seems they had a lot more time to evolve their feelings about good fighting evil. And they must have decided that the security of the Universe was not theirs to give. The rest of the Universe has to find itself and come to it's own conclusion that material things and power over others is not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to evolve above all the fighting, and to improve the individual. Higher plains of existance, and all that. The Tauri might come to this conclusion a little faster. Or at least a good many of them might.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FE_fanboy View Post
                When did they say we can't recreate it? What would be the purpose of the Asgard giving us all their technology if we can't use it on more then one ship?
                Well, if we can create our own, then why the heck do we need an asgard on each of our ships to keep things running properly?

And the Asgard didn't give the Tauri ALL of their technology, they gave a few select things. The point is, we're still nowhere near the Asgard's level of technology.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                  Well, if we can create our own, then why the heck do we need an asgard on each of our ships to keep things running properly?

And the Asgard didn't give the Tauri ALL of their technology, they gave a few select things. The point is, we're still nowhere near the Asgard's level of technology.
                  They didnt they was there to make sure they used the technology properly and didnt turn it agenst the asgard.
                  And they did give them there full technology even there history they left it to them to keep there legacy alive

**SPOILER**

Also they can use the asgard tech to build anything they want as you see sam do in unending

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Wow you're really not upto speed.

We have all their knowledge!!!
                    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                    www.7-scales.co.uk
                    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

We have their database, it's a long way away from having their knowledge, we've had access to the Atlantis database for over 3 years now and learned very little. We have to learn incrementally, you can't expect a toddler to run a marathon.
                      Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
                        I suspect the Ancients were a force for good in the Universe at one time. They were one of the original numbered races. But it seems they had a lot more time to evolve their feelings about good fighting evil. And they must have decided that the security of the Universe was not theirs to give. The rest of the Universe has to find itself and come to it's own conclusion that material things and power over others is not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to evolve above all the fighting, and to improve the individual. Higher plains of existance, and all that. The Tauri might come to this conclusion a little faster. Or at least a good many of them might.

~Dave
                        That's a ridiculous point of view. You know what happens to good pacifists, they get slaughtered by bad militarists. To leave people to die when you can save them is tantamount to murdering them. Evil must be fought otherwise it will destroy you.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                          SPOILERS!!

We seem to of learned from the previous 4 races mistakes already, let's hope for the best.
                          Previous 4? The Nox are still around aren't they? So two of the original 4 still exist it seems. 3 if you count ascended Ancients, which I do not. I think that the Nox will be around forever and the writers better not screw that up for us! Also, what did the Nox do to merit being in the "4 races" (Now 5)? It seems they had phase shifting and mental abilities, but what else? I'm creating a new thread on that next.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            That's a ridiculous point of view. You know what happens to good pacifists, they get slaughtered by bad militarists. To leave people to die when you can save them is tantamount to murdering them. Evil must be fought otherwise it will destroy you.
                            Sorry for voicing a ridiculous point of view. I'll have to more careful.

~Dave
                            Last edited by ~Dave; 14 March 2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              Is it really rediculous?
                              Lets take Wraith for.example. Are they really Evil? Or just misunderstood?
                              Humans eat animals. Wraith eat humans. - Sounds like a naturel coz of things.
                              Because you got to ask your self: If Animals could talk, would they really wanted to be a menu on someones tabel?
                              for humans - Wraith are Evil.
                              for Animals - Humans are Evil, and Wraith are good.
                              You see, animals are also a part of this world, just like Humans and Wraith, also unlike the others, they are in a more helpless situation then Humans ( at least Humans can defend them selfs).
                              So all in all, its humans that are really Evil. They are the ones that are sluaghtering the most helpless beeings of this universe.
                              We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Working...
                              X