This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go'auld. The beginning.

So, if these "guys" are just "snakes", and can't do anything without a human host....how did the first Go'auld "acquire" the first human host?

~Dave

they first inhabitted the unas proberly when they were drinking as the gau'ald live in waterand then they used the stargate to travel around getting humans hosts etc there is an episode that centers heavily around it it is called "the first ones" i think episode 408
    Last edited by aaron54; 13 March 2007, 04:10 AM.
    SG-1 you are and will always be the best!

DUDES WHO ENDED SG-1 ->

Comment

Interesting. So how would the Go'auld know about the Stargates? Or was it the Unas who knew about the Gates?

~Dave

Comment

They knew about the stargate because it was standing their on their world. The Unas were primitive so they probably were just lucky and activated the stargate and after that they probably just scavenged before gaining more and more intelligence at which point they started using technology of the Ancients and others they could find.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

WOW! That WAS luck. It took the best minds on Earth decades to figure out the gate. And here, a snake and a "caveman" figured it out by accident.

~Dave

Comment

Well they dont say it on the show and much of the Goa'ulds initial history is left unexplained. All that is known is that they originate from a watery world where they were predators before adopting a parasitic lifestyle where they infested the Unas that journeyed near the lake on their primordial homeworld. After that period, nothing is known except that the Goa'uld built a stellar empire but were essentially a dying race because there were far too few Unas to serve as hosts until Ra found Earth.

Also, they abandoned their homeworld and never developed it while leaving their 'ancestors' to continue living in the lakes of the Goa'uld planet. The Unas developed new skills on how to avoid being possessed by a Goa'uld and naquada was somehow incorporated into the species at some point later as the natural Goa'uld don't possess it within their bodies

The rpg books from Alderac Entertainment, which I don't think are canon but if they are then they are relegated to secondary canon status, say that a Goa'uld called Ptah found an Ancient starship and studied it to produce the infamous Goa'uld Ha'tak.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Anyone could have come through the gate exploring It would just take one explorer going for a drink to get turned into a goauld
              sigpic

Comment

My understanding is that the Go'auld first came to Earth and removed humans to other worlds to use as hosts and slaves. And that they can do nothing without these human hosts. This is the form they always use. Except for the Unas who are basically just primitive slaves themselves. So I'm just trying to figure out how the first Go'auld went from a snake to System Lord.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
                  My understanding is that the Go'auld first came to Earth and removed humans to other worlds to use as hosts and slaves. And that they can do nothing without these human hosts. This is the form they always use. Except for the Unas who are basically just primitive slaves themselves. So I'm just trying to figure out how the first Go'auld went from a snake to System Lord.

~Dave
                  yes the go'auld did do that but i think if when they were in the unas they were random dialing i think on one episode they said there was about 36 million or billion diffrent combinations so getting a lock would take ages and i dont know about them but i would get boared with it but because when they blend with a host they gain each others knowlage and the go'auld would of got knowlage this way and from what they discover lying around from the ancients but i know it doesnt come up a lot in the show but i think they blend with other races other than unas and humans cos theres that dodgy looking thinks that vala trys to sell the prometus too in one ep im sure they will have been used for hosts
                  SG-1 you are and will always be the best!

DUDES WHO ENDED SG-1 ->

Comment

Anyway, if someone could figure this out, it would make a great epic prequel to establish and explain the beginnings of this whole Stargate thing. I think it would be a dynamite movie.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
                      So, if these "guys" are just "snakes", and can't do anything without a human host....how did the first Go'auld "acquire" the first human host?

~Dave
                      Check out 4-08 "The First Ones."

Comment

Well they had a DHD, earth had to MacGyver one.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                          Well they had a DHD, earth had to MacGyver one.
                          I remember that quote. Carter was very funny with that one.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            Check out 4-08 "The First Ones."
                            You wouldn't by any chance have a link for that.....would you?

~Dave

Comment

A link? No. If you want to watch it, get the Season 4 DVD set.

Comment

Working...
                              X