Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

This thread is to discuss the upcoming Atlantis episode Doppelganger. Please keep the speculation about the episode here - i know we have a thread about the aliens, but this for discussion about the episode as a whole.

Other threads if started, will be merged into this one
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

May I ask why was my Doppelganger thread merged with New Powerful Race?
    Just curious.

Anyway I was thinking of an Evil twin episode or something similar

4 easy steps how to make people hate you
    Spoiler:
    Ignore them
    Spoiler:
    talk bad about them behind their backs
    Spoiler:
    Use lots of spoiler tags
    Spoiler:
    Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

at the time, they were pretty much the same thing. but as more and more pre-airing spoiler discussions have happened, we've decided to go with a more organized method.

this way folks can talk in a way that's clearly labeled so that those that don't want to be spoiled can avoid it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is most likely a major stretch of an over active imagination, but here goes.

In Ripple Effect, an Sg-1 from an alternate reality attempts to hijack the Odyssey in hopes of heading to Atlantis to steal the ZPM and bring it back into their own reality.

In McKay and Mrs. Miller, an alternate reality McKay finds a way into our reality to warn our Atlantis expedition that experimentation with the sub space energy extrapolation device is destroying his reality. Things are "set right" and alternate McKay is sent back to his own reality, but just at the last moment, all of the energy from our ZPM is drained, presumably because of the amount of energy it took to send alternate McKay back.

Now, this is just pure fan speculation, but I believe that the alternate Sg-1 team from Ripple Effect and the alternate McKay from McKay and Mrs. Miller are both from the same reality, and through some as yet to be determined means have learned that we have a ZPM in Atlantis, which they desperately need to fend off the Ori. Or maybe, their Atlantis has a ZPM, but they're desperate enough to try to steal another one and thus found their way into a reality similar to theirs that would most likely have a ZPM for the taking.

The alternate Sg-1 team and the alternate McKay both appeared thanks to something their counterparts in our reality were responsible for (the creation of the black hole thanks to Vala stopping the first super gate from being formed and Atlantis scientists experimenting with the sub space machine).

These alternate reality Doppelgangers took advantage of bridges into our own galaxy that we produced, most likely due to the fact that events were similar enough in both realities to merit a crossover. If Vala had not prevented the first super gate from forming, then the black hole would not have been created and the alternate Sg-1 would not have been able to come to our reality in the first place by the means they implemented. Maybe they would've ended up in another reality where the black hole was created and the same events would've occured.

But anyway, going back to McKay and Mrs. Miller. I suspect that the alternate McKay found a way to drain the ZPM and send its energy to his Atlantis before the bridge was closed between our realities.

Maybe the alternate Sg-1's arrival to our reality was a trial and error scenario, and their learning that we had a zpm and ultimate failure at attaining it led the alternate Atlantis in finding a way of taking it themselves.

With this in mind, I postulate that season 4's Doppelganger will involve the same alternate reality in some capacity. Just a hunch.

Comment

Drain our already-dangerously low ZPM that is all we have left to keep our planet-less, damaged cityship from losing oxygen?

Yeah, I think it's pretty farfetched. Unless they're planning on replacing Atlantis with Alterante Atlantis team permenantly. >

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            Drain our already-dangerously low ZPM that is all we have left to keep our planet-less, damaged cityship from losing oxygen?

Yeah, I think it's pretty farfetched. Unless they're planning on replacing Atlantis with Alterante Atlantis team permenantly. >
            Ehhhhh, I wasn't implying that if the Atlernate people came back they would try to drain the ZPM again. Plus, doesn't Doppelganger take place after the opening "lost in space" story arc for season 4? I'm pretty sure Mozulli said that somewhere on his blog.

Though, the way things are going, we might as well already be watching a permenant alternate Atlantis, right?

Comment

well, uh. I had intended my topic to be in a thread all its own since I wasn't soley speculating on the episode Doppelganger, but refering my hypothesis that the atlernate Sg-1 and McKay were in fact Doppelgangers of "our heros," foils, if you will. I did question whether or not the upcoming episode Doppelganger would involve the alternate characters, but oh well.

Comment

Now, this is just pure fan speculation, but I believe that the alternate Sg-1 team from Ripple Effect and the alternate McKay from McKay and Mrs. Miller are both from the same reality
                umm well i thought alta mckays world had 2 zpms and ripple effect had none

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimategurion View Post
                  This is most likely a major stretch of an over active imagination, but here goes.
                  SNIP!!!

With this in mind, I postulate that season 4's Doppelganger will involve the same alternate reality in some capacity. Just a hunch.
                  I actually like this way of thought, but iirc the ripple effect team had no ZPMS while the Mr& ms miller Macay had one..

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo View Post
                    umm well i thought alta mckays world had 2 zpms and ripple effect had none
                    Thats what I thought too
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, Doppelganger was a 70s scifi flick with Roy Thinnes where he, an astronaut, encountered a world just like his own, complete with his own copy. So I suspect if the writers follow suit, we're going to get a duplicate person (or society) of someone on Atlantis or Atlantis, which in some respects might fall into AU (alternate universe) territory. Still, it's pretty vague.

Comment

(REAL PLOT SPOILER)

Sheppard touches some strang thing he comes across, after all checks by the doc(sexy keller) everything seems normal. But he starts to have nightmares, and this effect gets passed on throught people like a virus, through touch. The nightmares are all very strange and disturbing and feel 100% real, I know some stuff about each persons dreams/nightmares but lets leave that to the episode shall we? I'm expecting it to be similer to the episode with the wraith hilusination thing, with the episodes majority of parts being in the dream view of the individual person

Dont ask me how i know because i cant say. Just wait too see what the plot spoiler gateworld gets and see if it matches up
                        Last edited by -Canadian-; 13 March 2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Some info from Joe:

By the way, we watched our very first director’s cut late last week. Rob Cooper did a terrific job on Doppelganger. Some wonderfully way-out sequences in this one as well as some effectively creepy scenes as well, not to mention the full-contact extreme Shep whumpage in this one. This one is a lot of fun and, believe me, you cannot wait to see it! But, alas, you’ll have to.
                          Alright Shep Whumpers...start your drooling.

Comment

Canadian, that looks freaking cool! I love mind whump in a very large way!!

BTW, the squeeing has already begun!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Some info from Joe:

By the way, we watched our very first director’s cut late last week. Rob Cooper did a terrific job on Doppelganger. Some wonderfully way-out sequences in this one as well as some effectively creepy scenes as well, not to mention the full-contact extreme Shep whumpage in this one. This one is a lot of fun and, believe me, you cannot wait to see it! But, alas, you’ll have to.

Alright Shep Whumpers...start your drooling.
                              I'm sooo drooling and I can't find the mop and bucket......

so what does he mean by full contact Shep whumpage??? Who cares..it's Shep whump...

SSQQQUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X