Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better integration of the top ad with the site template was actually one of my goals for 2.0 -- the old way was very much tacked on (the old site wasn't designed with that ad in mind).

On the minus side it makes the ad a little harder to ignore, but on the plus side ... it makes the ad a little harder to ignore.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
      found this probelm using opera ( not sure about other browsers

at the site history not sure if this is apart of the skin or a error.
      It's not just Opera, I'm having the same "problem" with Firefox and IE whenever the set 800px width gets distorted by for example wide images or when someone pastes several URLs next to eachother without spaces in between the single URLs. Although I must admit, it looked stylish that there was a "staff" under the word "staff" with firefox.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3..._0_firefox.jpg
      http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...n_bug_1_ie.jpg

The same is true for the header (this might get fixed easily by centering the header image).

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...g_2_header.jpg

I couldn't find anything else where I know that bugs have happened with the old skin.

Darren, what skin will be the default in the future (e.g. when you're a guest and not logged in)? I guess the *new* skin would look better if you come here from the main site.
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

its really nice, i like it a lot. Looks more modern, like Macs Vs. PC
        Originally posted by cowpants
        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Rosilin for pres

Comment

I guess I'm old fashioned. I like the Classic GateWorld.
          You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

i'm not seeing that
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hi Darren. When I go into My Controls, the link saying 'View all Subscribed Threads' is white, and very difficult to read. Would it be possible for this to be written in the darker blue colour like the other links? Thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

Posting images or links that are wider than the main body, so that they stretch out the forum template and cause layout errors like this, are actually forbidden. The best solution is to report the post to the mods so they can be edited.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  Posting images or links that are wider than the main body, so that they stretch out the forum template and cause layout errors like this, are actually forbidden. The best solution is to report the post to the mods so they can be edited.
                  If I did that, I wouldn't have the time to actually read this forum.

Even with sigs disabled, as soon as someone disables images in the forum options (i.e. [img] tags will be converted into [URL] tags in display), two simple resulting URLs without a space in between destroy the template by about 20px. This happens quite often when someone posts two offsite smilies, for example. (And it would not seem unusual if people still on dial-up or in their work environment had images disabled.)

Never mind if you actually have sigs enabled, where this problem occurs much more often. For the record: In this thread alone with only 13 different posters so far, one person has two [img] tags without a space in his sig, and another one with even three. But as long as its less than four, it still fits on my 1400x900 widescreen monitor. It just screws with the layout a little.

This problem also occurs after someone has clicked on a spoiler button that hides an oversized picture in spoiler tags. Or when someone has a
                  Spoiler:
                  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

fit.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  i'm not seeing that
                  I meant that the main (big) Gateworld Forum image was aligned to the left and had a huge empty space to the right. The google ad above was in the center though (and looks much better IMO). So why not center the main gwf image as well, even if only the fewest people would notice the improvement. It's neither much code nor hard to implement.
                  Last edited by sgeureka; 06 March 2007, 05:21 PM.
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Ohhhh...lighter.

I like it; not too different, but still an upgrade. I haven't encountered any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Ohhhh...lighter.

I like it; not too different, but still an upgrade. I haven't encountered any problems.
                      Neither have I, no problems here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Text colors in the Control Panel have been fixed. I'm going to make GateWorld 2.0 the default skin now. Thanks to everyone for your help!

For users who would like to continue using the old forum skin:
                        1. Visit the Edit Options area of your Control Panel.

2. Scroll down to the very bottom and choose "GateWorld Classic" from the pull-down menu, under the "Forum Skin" option.

3. Click the "Save Changes" button below.
                        Last edited by Darren; 08 March 2007, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          Text colors in the Control Panel have been fixed. I'm going to make GateWorld 2.0 the default skin now. Thanks to everyone for your help!

For users who would like to continue using the old forum skin:
                          1. Visit the Edit Options area of your Control Panel.

2. Scroll down to the very bottom and choose "GateWorld Classic" from the pull-down menu, under the "Forum Skin" option.

3. Click the "Save Changes" button below.
                          I have no intention to change the skin, so it's not that big a deal, but those directions don't work for me. There's no option to change the forum skin anywhere on the Edit Options page at all.
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                            I have no intention to change the skin, so it's not that big a deal, but those directions don't work for me. There's no option to change the forum skin anywhere on the Edit Options page at all.
                            Hmm... I'll second that observation and I know it was there before because I was flipping between the two to see the differences.

Comment

It's not in my edit options area either.

Comment

Apologies -- it's there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X