X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld 2.0 Forum Skin

Hi all,

The GateWorld 2.0 forum reskin is now available in beta mode! For those of you who want to switch now and offer some feedback, you can change your forum skin on the Options page:

http://forum.gateworld.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll to the bottom and look for the "Forum Skin" option.

Please post comments here, and let us know if you see anything that needs repairing. Note that what we're looking for is notes specific to the reskin templates, NOT the forum in general.

Once we're sure we have any bugs worked out and everything looks like it's supposed to, the GateWorld 2.0 skin will become the forum default. (We may leave the old "GateWorld Classic" skin available as an option as well.)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Darren; 05 March 2007, 05:30 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Are the columns in the 2.0 skin narrower than the old one or is it a trick of perspective?

Will new banners be added once you work all the bugs out?

Seems slick so far. Will keep you posted.

Comment

I'd love to do a bunch of new headers, but of course that will rely almost entirely on our skilled designer's free time.

The main body is 8 pixels narrower. Good eye!

Comment

i'm in love having the main body smaller is nice. i'm fine with the header as it is.

if i had one problem the section that says Mark Forums Read View Forum Leaders

should be as dark as the whats going on section. the light blue makes the words hard to read.
        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 05 March 2007, 05:34 PM.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm really liking it. It's really slick and pretty. What I really like about it is that it keeps the best parts of the old forum style. It still looks exactly like GW, it just does in a much better manner.

I gotta agree with Pharaoh Atem though, and say that there is a couple of text colouring issues. But that is nothing for me, as I never use those links. I didn't even knew they existed until Mal pointed them out.

So yeah, looks great!

Comment

found this probelm using opera ( not sure about other browsers

at the site history not sure if this is apart of the skin or a error.
            Last edited by Adria; 31 May 2007, 07:56 AM.

Comment

The little text coloring issues are part of what I'm wanting to fix now, so please post away!

The home page's "Mark Forums Read" and "View Forum Leaders" links have been fixed.

Comment

the words in bold are white and hard to see
                View all Subscribed Threads in the my control panel

Selected Messages: in the screen ( just click the private message link and scroll down.

Comment

i'm getting this with internet explorer 7
                  Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 30 March 2007, 06:22 PM.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The "Mark forums read" and "view forum moderators" links are darker, yes but I think the background needs to be tinted a little darker, too, in order to distinguish it from the vertical columns.

Maybe give the same treatment (darkening) to the links/background for the items Adria mentioned, too.

EDIT: Or at least the backgrounds, since the links on the Classic skin are also white.

Comment

I've got to say Darren, it looks nice, great job.
                      sigpic

Comment

Personally, I like the 'Classic'. Please, please leave it as an option.
                        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooh...me likey
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Is there any way to get the ad to go above the TV Schedule/FAQ/Blogs/etc stuff? It makes it look a little weird, otherwise; like the ad is embedded in the forum table itself rather than as a separate entity.

Comment

I don't think we need any new headers, that ones great

Comment

Working...
                              X