X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 show and cast changes

plus some changes

Each of the main character on Atlantis plays a crucial role in the development of the show in relation to whether it remains a light or darker show, for instance McKay represent the brain of Atlantis; Ronan signifies brute strength; Sheppard (the will); Teyla (the voice of reason), Wier is the heart of Atlantis and finally Beckett is the soul of Atlantis. Now from all the minor spoilers we read so far, it is expected that Atlantis season 4 will be a darker show thus justifying the death of Becket since you simply cant do all the necessary things with your conscience (Beckett) keeps tormenting you and if he wasn’t killed, eventually he would have resigned later on in the season when he sees the new militarised policy direction of Atlantis. We know this because despite creating the retro virus, he wasn’t in favour of wraith feeding on themselves in human form. So, in the long run, the writer did the character a favour by killing him before he becomes a symbol of cowardice in Atlantis

As for Wier, as we have seen in return part 2 she has dedicated her life to exploring the mystery of the ancient city that even when she was told to leave (return part one) she was unable to get on with her life, based on this, it is plausible to suggest that wier would endanger Earth safety and security if it meant saving Atlantis as she was so eager to do in (counter strike) and in my opinion this is unacceptable. Her past as a diplomat (heart) would also interfere with the proposed direction of the show with her favouring diplomatic resolution over military intervention which is an important aspect in a darker show and her contempt for the military as whole would only create division between the proposed military enlargement and the scientists in Atlantis if she is allowed to continue as the leader of the expedition and I’m sure the last thing we want as a fan is war between ourselves when all the odds are stacked against us.

I have read quite a lot of discussions about Carters move to Atlantis with the major opinions splinting between those who are downright against the move of a sg1 character to Atlantis, those who argue that she’s a bad replacement for weir and the hopeful who are just waiting to see how it will play out. Firstly, this argument is in support of growing minority who believes Carter will be a dazzling addition to the show.

Although we don’t know for sure what role carter will be playing in season for with some rumour hinting that she will be in command of a ship which is well enough, she deserves one after all her years of service to the SG1, but I’m opting for her taking over as the leader of the Atlantis expedition simply because she will be a nice fit in the role.

Reasons
    1. she is a military and a respected member of the SG 1, the flag unit for earth in the fight against the Gould, this therefore ensures that she will be respected by the military generals, enough to keep her in the loop about anything they intend to do unlike Elizabeth.
    2. she has a keen scientific mind, and her contribution to the stargate programme ensures that we have a gate to travel with in the first place, hence leading to the Atlantis expedition year later, plus during her leave from SG1 at the beginning of season 9 before Camron got her back, she was leading a scientific research team, thus ensuring that she will be respected enough by the scientist to follow her lead without feeling alienated. Based on this, if not for her prior engagement with SG1 she should have been in charge of Atlantis.
    3. As for the AIO, I’m sure they will back her because simply Wier hasn’t lived up to expectations and I’m sure they have learnt there lesson that the military cant be ignored in any situation and through Samantha carter am sure they wont have any more sleepless nights which has plagued them since season 2.

I have never been a fan of Beckett although I’m quite fund of the interaction between him and McKay neither have I thought Elizabeth to be irreplaceable, but I do feel for their fans, I was pretty disappointed too when they chased Ford away, but I have my fingers crossed for his return next season.

So in full, I believe this is what we the fans have been asking for since long ago, more military presence, less primitive societies, an ally and ship to ship battles where are not hopelessly outnumbered and for the fans of Beckett and wier, there is a light at the end of the tunnel in the form of Teyla ( the voice of reason) and with Beckett gone and wier role diminished, Atlantis will be looking to her for moral guidance, this should give us incite into her dept and bring her quality as a leader of people into the open bring the Athosian back to the folds. So we can expect quite a few Teyla cantered story line especially with our new propose ally.
    some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

Nice spoilers in the subject nub

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Nice spoilers in the subject nub
      You're in the season 4 thread, what do you expect?

Comment

Oh dude, you opened a whole can of worms (which I might was already half there) you shouldn't have.

though I'm not one of those fans (as you stated in your last part) who asked for these changes. Not at all. Au contraire, I would have preferred to keep the expedition at least semi-civilian, Beckett alive and well (have no problems with Keller though) and Weir very much in charge of the City.

And as for more Teyla...I highly doubt that. Too bad, cause she has loads of potential. But the PTB just can't see past their beloved McKay, Sheppard and now Carter.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          You're in the season 4 thread, what do you expect?
          Thread titles can show up in the Forum Homepage if it's the thread with the latest post in that subforum. Therefore IMO thread titles shouldn't contain spoiler info no matter which forum it is in.
          Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
          -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

And since we have no shortage of threads already discussing these changes, i ask folks to take the conversation there
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X