This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[I]Galactica[/I] Movie Confirmed!

IGN posted this newspiece from the New York Comic Con confirming that the BSG direct-to-DVD movie has the green light. Though no actual plot details are mentioned, the focus of the movie is discussed briefly. James Callis and Tricia Helfer were on hand to discuss.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/767/767709p1.html
    Last edited by Dusk; 26 February 2007, 03:15 AM. Reason: Title error
    sigpic

nice! though i hope for more action packed movie than recent eps.

Comment

I want it to be Pegasus centric

Comment

that might be difficult.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Open focus on Pegasus wreckage orbiting New Caprica.

Two hours later, credits roll.

I'd pay $20 for it!
          "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

But what if it would focus on the first Cylon War ( = before the armistice from the miniseries )?

Anyway, great news! Can't wait

Comment

The rumour is that it will deal more with Caprica on the day of the attacks and with the Peggie fleeing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rian View Post
                But what if it would focus on the first Cylon War ( = before the armistice from the miniseries )?

Anyway, great news! Can't wait
                rdm said said that the movie will be in the current galactica timeline

Comment

The movie plot

Spoiler ahead

The fleet arrive in Sol system intercepted by the Odyssey and the Apollo, diplomats are sent from Earth to the Galactica to meet with President Roslin and Admiral Adama. The President and the Admiral wants a safe haven on Earth while Earth is at war with the remaining Ori forces, there are no chance that Earth can keep them safe since the riot after the revelation of the stargate and other stuff the government kept secret revealed to the public.

Meanwhile, Baltar escapes from his cell and stole a Viper, leaving Caprica behind and jumps to the Cylon fleet and he lead them to Earth.

Earth promised them the Alpha site and technology for FTL technology, they agreed to the term. Suddenly, the Cylon showed up.
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Fabulous news! Definitly looking forward to seeing what they've come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                      The movie plot

Spoiler ahead

The fleet arrive in Sol system intercepted by the Odyssey and the Apollo, diplomats are sent from Earth to the Galactica to meet with President Roslin and Admiral Adama. The President and the Admiral wants a safe haven on Earth while Earth is at war with the remaining Ori forces, there are no chance that Earth can keep them safe since the riot after the revelation of the stargate and other stuff the government kept secret revealed to the public.

Meanwhile, Baltar escapes from his cell and stole a Viper, leaving Caprica behind and jumps to the Cylon fleet and he lead them to Earth.

Earth promised them the Alpha site and technology for FTL technology, they agreed to the term. Suddenly, the Cylon showed up.
                      Not only is a BSG/SG-1 crossover never going to happen, but Vipers can't make FTL jumps and Baltar has no reason to go to the Cylons. It's just not a funny joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                        Not only is a BSG/SG-1 crossover never going to happen, but Vipers can't make FTL jumps and Baltar has no reason to go to the Cylons. It's just not a funny joke.
                        LOL, just joking on that part and I meant the Raptor.
                        sigpic
                        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

I would love to see a movie about the first cylon war, but it seems like it's going to be about Pegasus.

Comment

Very cool! Thanks!
                            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I found this interesting....

What about the direct to DVD movie? Have you been approached about that at all?

Oh yeah that was a thing that I thought we were going to do but I heard that we’re not doing that anymore. Unless you know something else that I don’t know, which is very much possible. I didn’t even know the series Caprica was a spin-off until it came out in the press and then my manager called me.
                              http://www.buddytv.com/articles/batt...star-5069.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X