X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-men 3: Joss Whedon...

http://www.moviehole.net/news/4206.html

According to various sites, such as the one i listed above says Joss Whedon will be directing X-men 3, yay Very happy for him.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Actually, all that is known is that he wants to direct it.

Also, Halle Berry won't be returning as Storm.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel

And your so sure, because? But yah, i want to hear something offical, so i'm not yet 'believing' that he is donig it, if he isn't, i'm happy for his work in Astonishing X-men
      Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 09 September 2004, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel

I like Halle as Storm, but as long as we get Wolverine back, I'll be satisfied! And I don't care who's directing as long as they're directing Hugh Jackman in black leather! (Yeah, Baby!)
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
          I like Halle as Storm, but as long as we get Wolverine back, I'll be satisfied! And I don't care who's directing as long as they're directing Hugh Jackman in black leather! (Yeah, Baby!)
          I can see it, the new director decides to punish you, and others like you, and decide to put Hugh in something else other than black leather

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            http://www.moviehole.net/news/4206.html

According to various sites, such as the one i listed above says Joss Whedon will be directing X-men 3, yay Very happy for him.
            I would love it if that were to happen. Actually, I think he stands a fair chance. Although, I want him to finish the Serenity - trilogy first.
            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
              I would love it if that were to happen. Actually, I think he stands a fair chance. Although, I want him to finish the Serenity - trilogy first.
              Since when did Serenity become a trilogy? In any case there is no danger that a sequal to Serenity will be green lighted until after the first one has opened (and done some good business), that means pre production will not begin until late 2005. Serenity just finished shooting so Whedon should have the free time to make X-Men 3 if it starts shooting sometime early (spring) 2005.

Comment

I´d like to see what he does with the firefly movie before saying anything about him helming the third X-men movie. He did a very good job with Angel and has shown that he can hancle ensamble casts.

If he get´s the job then I just hope he will stick true to the feeling that Singer had in the first two movies and doesn´t monkey around with the cast.

Comment

I liked the first two movies. Bryan Singer's a pretty awesome director, It would have been cool if he stuck with the franchise, but who knows how this new one will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                    Since when did Serenity become a trilogy?
                    It hasn't. I was making with the "please, please, please-let it be so" - assumption that I run with sometimes. Positive thoughts and all that.

Although, it is reasonable to assume that if it does well at the box office (which isn't all that unlikely, even though it might start off slow - I think word of mouth will be key here) then there will be a trilogy. Lord only knows there have been several movies out there that have deserved it less, and still managed to squeeze out a couple of sequels.

I'd like to think of Serenity as the 'little movie that can'. Err... or will. The way it got to the screen in the first place is pretty unusual, given that it was cancelled halfway through its first season. But Whedon has Universal behind him (unlike Fox, I might add) and from what I've read they're very pleased with what they've seen so far. I really do think they have a box-office-hit within reach here.

And you're right, there would be time for him to do X-Men 3 in between a possible sequel to Serenity, so I'm happy either way.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                    I´d like to see what he does with the firefly movie before saying anything about him helming the third X-men movie. He did a very good job with Angel and has shown that he can hancle ensamble casts.
                    I'm not worried about his directing abilities moving to the big screen (but I'm partial, I know) having seen what he can do with Buffy, Angel and Firefly. I thought Objects in Space in particular was a masterpiece.
                    Last edited by Liv; 10 September 2004, 08:36 AM.
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

If he get´s the job then I just hope he will stick true to the feeling that Singer had in the first two movies and doesn´t monkey around with the cast.
                      Heh so your saying it would be better how Singer did it, with practically leaving a character out for a while, then out of nowhere there he/she is again?

Comment

Joss is going to/wants to write and direct it and I think he'll do an excellent job. He wrote a script for the first film too and the only line from it that got used was:

Scott: How do we know it's really you?
                        Logan: You're a dick.
                        Scott: OK.

And the only way Halle Berry will be coming back is if the film is called X3: Storm I didn't like her character at all anyway... I don't I've liked her in anything, not even that Flintstones film

Comment

Agreed on the matter of the 'Serenity' film. He needs to prove to a wider audience that he can actually direct as well as come up with dang fine ideas for shows.

As for messing with the cast... Replace Ms Berry with Gina Torres (Zoe in 'Firefly'), keep everyone else (so no penny pinchin'!), give both Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen more scenes together and then we're talking!

I shall refrain from making any comments that involve Hugh Jackman, black leather or a lack of clothes Must maintain standards!

I adore the X-Men films and was saddened to hear that Bryan Singer had been 'poached' by Superman, but if they get the right script and a good director, can't see why x3 can't be as good as the other two.

We'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                            Heh so your saying it would be better how Singer did it, with practically leaving a character out for a while, then out of nowhere there he/she is again?
                            There are to many X-men characters to fit into one movie and give each the time he really deserves, so it´s the directors job to strike as good a balance as possible.

And if I were doing the third X-men movie I´d just cut storm out of it and give the screen time to some other character like Beast, Gambit or Collossus.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wyrminarrd]There are to many X-men characters to fit into one movie and give each the time he really deserves, so it´s the directors job to strike as good a balance as possible.
                              QUOTE]

If they follow the huge hint dropped at the end of X2, I think Cyke is going to have a hell of a lot on his plate come X3... Count on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X