This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's cabin

Hello. Does anyone watch "Men in Trees" on ABC? The main character, Maris, bought a cabin a few weeks ago, and it's Jack's cabin from Stargate! The exterior is the same, but they use a different interior.

I hope this hasn't been posted yet. I looked, but didn't see it.

I'm looking forward to more Stargate coming this Spring and Fall.

Kathy

get screen shots of it from both shows so we can see
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I'm not sure how to do screen captures. I don't think you'd be able to tell it was from Men In Trees instead of Stargate though. It's the exact same cabin on the outside. I compared it from both shows.

Comment

re you sure? THe show 'men in trees is shot in alaska" while his cabin was in vancover

Comment

According to IMDB

Filming locations for
          "Men in Trees" (2006)

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
          It is possible the cabin is the same. I've also seen it being used The 4400 (final episode of season 3 if anyone is interested).

sigpic

Comment

Not surprising if it is the same cabin. The owner is willing to rent it out for TV shows to film it. If you do it for one show, why not a few more to make a few extra bucks?
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I have watched the men in trees episode where she moves into her cabin, and it seems to be Jacks.

Comment

I looked at a clip from men in trees and it looks like the same exact cabin, i recognized the front of it from "uninvited". Seems they used the same location just blanketed it in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  According to IMDB

It is possible the cabin is the same. I've also seen it being used The 4400 (final episode of season 3 if anyone is interested).
                  There are obviously favourite well used locations. The cabin is a nice one and in a beautiful quiet setting in a really nice part of Vancouver. You can see other locations in different shows, so why not the cabin?

People here in the Vancouver area can sign up to let their house out for filming. So I should think film and tv show makers have a good selection to choose from. They still seem to have their favourites though by the looks of it!

Comment

I noticed it in the 4400 but not in Men in Trees , prolly cause I didn't see the lil wood dock in the back. Unless Cash'es tent is block the damn thing.

Alot of place get reused there are these like office building in almost all sci/fi
                    Tollan homeworld/one of the twelve colonies on Battlestar/They also used this place in Andromeda and X-files

Comment

Originally posted by CrazySac View Post
                      Alot of place get reused there are these like office building in almost all sci/fi
                      Tollan homeworld/one of the twelve colonies on Battlestar/They also used this place in Andromeda and X-files
                      That place is Simon Frasier University. Just in case you care. A lot of stuff gets filmed there. More than you might think, because the interior is used for a lot of political type stuff.

Comment

I want to rent it out
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                        X