This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Grid = class!

OK...I've just seen the first ep of this on tape(it's being shown on a daily basis in the UK this week but due to social commitments I'm having to play catch up)

1. Best characterisation I've seen outside scifi

2. The jihadis portrayed here are the first group of TV characters that actually lessened my faith in humanity as a whole. Particularly that Chechen-US guy. What the f-k was his motivation for hooking up with the jihadis? He feels he needs to prove his manhood through mass murder? Puh-lease! I want him to get blown up by his own bomb in the middle of nowhere! What a sicko!

3. The Egyptian doctor was probably the most interesting character of the bunch.

4. Interesting that the bad guys won round 1 with some decent fakes. Looking forward to whenever I catch part two.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

I was hoping you'd have seen it...

as usual for this type of thing, I thought it was truly dreadful. But since I stopped watching halfway through the first ep (despite Bernard Hill, one of my favourite actors) I don't think it's fair for me to comment. What I saw of the Egyptian doctor was interesting though.

Probably my biggest problem was that I'd just been watching Holby City. I had already had my fill of women in senior positions "out-testosteroning" the men.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I had high hopes for The Grid, but after watching the premiere, I had no desire to continue watching. Not sure exactly what it was, but it just didn't click for me.
      O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
      Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

I was so mad when they killed of my favorite person in the show! Grr!
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yeah I know, It should have been the other one that was there instead.

As for The Grid... well it's better then most new shows, so I wouldn't mind getting a real show of it.

Comment

I was hoping if they decided to make it a week to week show, that Raza would be in it, how could they have done this?! i'm mad...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Now seen the other two eps:

1. After getting sent through the crap-pipe in ep 2, it was a bummer to have Raza killed when trying to talk the jihadi kids out of their mission - a gamble that didn't pay off!

2. I was dissapointed in the Egyptian doctor getting suckered into hooking up with the jihadis again.

3. OK, so they make Acton out to be a 24-style mole but he doesn't get taken to the cleaners - not much point in leaving him standing unless they do a follow up.

4. I don't suppose anyone knows of a US-based board for this show, have swung by the beeb board for a bit and found more left wing moaners than are healthy - might try my luck with Delphi!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
              X