This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Stargates versus the Mily Way ones

So I've been wondering what the differences are between the Stargates in the Milky Way and the Pegasus Stargates. Does anyone have any thoughts? Apart, obviously, from the colour!

Which do you think are better?

The differences are only cosmetic.

AGT58

Comment

The pegasus stargates cannot be manually dialed due to a differnt design of stargate.
      Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
        The pegasus stargates cannot be manually dialed due to a differnt design of stargate.
        Off course they ca be dialed manually, because in Rising the Stargate on Athosian planet has a DHD.
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
        The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
          Off course they ca be dialed manually, because in Rising the Stargate on Athosian planet has a DHD.
          By manually dialing, Im pretty sure he means rotating the inner ring of the stargate like they do in sg-1.

Comment

Also, a mod should lock this thread because there is already a thread about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
              Do you even try to understand a post before responding to it? Manually means that you move the ring yourself (i.e. no DHD). We haven't seen how you can do that with the Pegasus gates, and I think it was mentioned by McKay that they can't manually dial it like with the MW gates. However, I'm thinking that there is probably some way to do it, or maybe there's some kind of interface hidden somewhere for Ancients with their special powers (healing, telepathic communication, etc.) to dial as long as the gate has enough power.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean Engineer View Post
                Do you even try to understand a post before responding to it? Manually means that you move the ring yourself (i.e. no DHD). We haven't seen how you can do that with the Pegasus gates, and I think it was mentioned by McKay that they can't manually dial it like with the MW gates. However, I'm thinking that there is probably some way to do it, or maybe there's some kind of interface hidden somewhere for Ancients with their special powers (healing, telepathic communication, etc.) to dial as long as the gate has enough power.
                Oh, sorry my bad.
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

There is another thread like this, but it is more to do with which Gate you prefer, not the actualy technical differences between the two!

Comment

Working...
                  X