This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Gemini, eh?

What are the theories on that episode again? Any massive spoiler references or anything of the like? I couldn't find the original thread on the ep, and I've seen a butt-load on Convenant, so I thought I'd drudge it all up again.

Gemini is basically about RepliCarter (or, for those who despise that name: Replicator Carter) coming back to do no good. So far, I've read how they - Real Carter vs. RepliCarter - duke it out, and how it's a pretty good ep, according to the actors, but besides that... nada.

OK, it's not NADA. But I do want more!

Thats pretty much all i've heard as well, Replicator Sam is in it, except i also read somewhere that Fifth would be appearing as well... I don't know, but i'm looking forward to seeing this episode, if it is about Replicator Sam vs Sam
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yeah and with apologies to all you hot-blooded guys I'm just praying Sam and her replicator clone don't slug it out in a pit of jello....

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
        Yeah and with apologies to all you hot-blooded guys I'm just praying Sam and her replicator clone don't slug it out in a pit of jello....
        Ew! They'd never do that - too much green screen required.

I am looking forward to how they deal with The Duel, though. It would seem (with any other show) like it could look really cheesy with Sam's face and then the back of some stand-in's head, but I think they can pull it off. Right? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Ew! They'd never do that - too much green screen required.

I am looking forward to how they deal with The Duel, though. It would seem (with any other show) like it could look really cheesy with Sam's face and then the back of some stand-in's head, but I think they can pull it off. Right? Right?
          If BtVS could do it with the Buffybot, i have faith in the SG people
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well they managed to make RDA wrestling himself look pretty good in DJ and that was four years ago so I can only assume the technologys come on a bit to make this episode look pretty good.

Comment

I heard that Replicarter is going to ask jack for help..fifth needs help for something (let the pyschopathic, love-sick little ba***** suffer, that's what i say). why she can't just infiltrate the base and take over and ruin carter's life and make everyone belive carter's gone bonkers, like any decent star trek clone would (wait..that could explain this whole pete debacle)
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                If BtVS could do it with the Buffybot, i have faith in the SG people
                HAHA! I thought of the Buffybot too...

They should be able to pull it off without any really obvious silly stand ins, it's not like she's trying to be a hobbit or anything. ((Oh, some of those stand-ins were terrible in LOTR!))
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Albion
                  Damn, I'd pay good money to see that!
                  Throw in Osiris, and I would be one happy dude!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                    Damn, I'd pay good money to see that!
                    Throw in Osiris, and I would be one happy dude!
                    You want to see a woman, a pile of replicating cells and a snake duke it out in jello?

The Replicators could start attacking the Goa'uld in this episode

Comment

There's a little more specific plot info in GateWorld's episode guide:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x2.shtml

"A duplicate of Colonel Carter seeks help from Stargate Command in defeating the Replicator Fifth, who she claims has found a way to counter the Asgard's new weapon."

More to come!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        You want to see a woman, a pile of replicating cells and a snake duke it out in jello?

The Replicators could start attacking the Goa'uld in this episode
                        Sure, why not!?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          Heh... Don't spell it out for them! It could prove to be even more dangerous.

Nah... You guys are right, though. They can pull it off. But (and I'm paraphrasing Darren's post) Gateworld has a little bit more on the episode: Basically the DupliCarter (hehe, gettin' lazier and lazier!) asks General O'Neill for help in defeating Fifth. How could ANYONE trust her? I can just totally see her PRETENDING to want to defeat Fifth, when all along she's got Fifth in some cell on some planet or on some ship.

I like seeing the actors play different characters (i.e. Michael Shanks in "Lifeboat"), because any other versions of the characters aren't the same.

We've seen Tok'ra Carter (ITLoD) and Entity Carter (Entity); Undercover Jack (SoG) and Cloned Jack (Cold Lazarus); Brainwashed Tea'lc (Enemies), and Megalomaniac Daniel (Absolute Power) - not to mention others I can't remember. However, I can't remember any episodes where one or more characters actually played a character like a replicator, barring MS in Absolute Power. Can you guys think of any other instances where that happened?

Comment

There's no way Jack'll trust RepliCarter, he didn't trust Fifth either, I'd say they'll keep her talking while someone slips off through the gate to fetch a Replicator disruptor

Comment

"A duplicate of Colonel Carter seeks help from Stargate Command in defeating the Replicator Fifth, who she claims has found a way to counter the Asgard's new weapon."
                              Yeah, dang it. That has 'diabolically evil trap' written all over it. Wonder if Jack knows it's the duplicate when she asks? Or if Carter is currently offbase for some reason - offworld - and he thinks it's her reporting back?

Going back to the pit of doom...er jello - there's a rather disturbing photo on the Gateworld ep guide with 'Carter'. It looks to me more like the duplicate than our Carter - just something in the expression and its clothes. If so, it seems our duplicate has a taste for dominatrix leather gear. I'm so hoping I'm wrong there. Could there be anything more cliched? "Er...let's see. It's female and it's evil...well, of course it should wear tight black leather!" Eeeeeeesh.

Albion
                              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X