Page 2 of 264 FirstFirst 12 3451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Lieutenant Colonel atlantis_babe34's Avatar

Default Re: Jewel/Dr Keller PRO discussion/appreciation thread. S3-4+ spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    You weren't aware she was the doctor when Weir was talking about her taking over from Carson? She even said Carson's name. And that she was taking over from him.

Wondering who you thought the random female was then? LOL!

lol i get distracted easily!... *runs off to watch first strike again* now i know who ur talking about
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
    lol i get distracted easily!... *runs off to watch first strike again* now i know who ur talking about

I am wondering if Dr Keller will have anymore screen time then her predecessor, not that I would necessarily mind, I am one of those that thinks SGA needs a resident doctor but that, that doctor does not have to be in every episode to justify their place. I think the way Carson was written in season one was just right, he even had his own episode.

Whatever they decide to do with Dr Keller it seems pretty certain she is in 12-14 episodes so either way she will be seen.

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

I just hope she has some spunk not willowly

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Fav Ships, My Fav Characters, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

As Borat would say, "Nice"
    I HATE SY-FY

Omaha, Nebraska, USA, Earth, Solar, Milkway

Default Jewel Staite Thunk Thread 2.0

Jewel Staite (AKA Perfect 10) Thunk Thread 2.0
    Continued from 1.0

Well I read JM blog and he just told us her first name

Mel writes: “What is Dr. Keller's first name?”

Answer: Jennifer.

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Fav Ships, My Fav Characters, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

jennifer keller i like

Interesting article mentions the new Dr.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=41871

wonder who?

I know who I would like either Rodney or Zelenka not Sheppard or Ronon
    Last edited by poundpuppy29; June 10th, 2007 at 11:24 PM.

They have got to be kidding me. *headdesk*
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

I am giving this character a chance she doesn't have history that Carter has so less likely to hate her not JS fault. I just hope it is a strong character.

I fell head over heels when I first saw Jewel in Firefly. And she left a pretty good impression in First Strike. I'll like her a whole lot more then I will Carter.

It's just the romance-part that's got me hitting my desk. Why do they want to do that? They couldn't even keep Cadman/Beckett alive. And they were so cute together.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    some keller news

Quote:
    Staite is "fabulous," executive producer Robert C. Cooper said in an interview on the show's Vancouver, Canada, set over the weekend. Other cast members hinted that Keller may develop a romantic relationship with one of the other characters and will become friends with Carter.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=41871
    "Romantic relationship?" She's only going to be in 8 episodes and they may use some of that time shipping her? Poor Jewel, poor Keller and poor me.

Default Re: Jewel Staite Thunk Thread 2.0

Since Jewel was at the ComicCon panel, thought you guys might find this of interest.

Since it seems only US folk can view the SGA comic con panel, I've done up a transcript at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/85558.html

Enjoy!

If you're a US fan, go to www.scifi.com/comiccon and you can watch the video.

Omaha, Nebraska, USA, Earth, Solar, Milkway

Thanks that was cool

For anyone interested, and the spoilers are minimal, really, the next SGA season 4 ad is up at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/90890.html

takes a few seconds to pop up. Features Teyla and Dr. Keller. Takes like a couple seconds for video to appear.

CUDDLING LOKI AND PULLING ON JJ FEILD'S EARS xD

Uncertain Re: Jewel Staite Thunk Thread 2.0

Romantic relationship with whom? Don't tell me it's Sheppard...

*starts Sparky rebellion*

"YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola

Sig by ME!!!

Lightbulb Re: Jewel Staite Thunk Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
    Romantic relationship with whom? Don't tell me it's Sheppard...

*starts Sparky rebellion*
    I seem to remember I heard they wanted to ship her with Ronon but I'm not entirely sure about that. Yet, I think that's perfectly possible.

Assistant Headmaster of Hogwarts Neelan_Liquor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    I seem to remember I heard they wanted to ship her with Ronon but I'm not entirely sure about that. Yet, I think that's perfectly possible.
    Yeah... wasn't his gf/fiance on Sateda a doctor, too? She worked in a hospital, which is why she wanted to stay.

Yep,i hope we see alot more of Keller in S4,i first saw her on Firefly and i liked her butwhen i got first glimpse of her on Atlantis i was like that can't be Jewel Staite,she looks different,more grown up!

I was a little disappointed when they got rid of Beckett but i think Jewel would make a very good addition to the cast!

Stargate Re: Jewel/Dr Keller PRO discussion/appreciation thread. S3-4+ spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yep,i hope we see alot more of Keller in S4,i first saw her on Firefly and i liked her butwhen i got first glimpse of her on Atlantis i was like that can't be Jewel Staite,she looks different,more grown up!

I was a little disappointed when they got rid of Beckett but i think Jewel would make a very good addition to the cast!
    Even though I'm wholeheartedly a SCBer and still hope for Carson Beckett's reinstatement, I don't mind Jewel Staite joining the cast as Dr Keller either. I liked her a lot on 'Firefly' and think she's a good actress, plus I met her on FedCon in June and she was really such a sweet person. And in my humble opinion having Beckett return on a more regular basis (if it comes to pass) does in no way mean cutting back Keller's role. I see plenty of room for both characters. If Keller keeps her position as Atlantis' CMO, Beckett could perhaps join the off-world team more often or some such (after all Rodney also became a permanent member of team Sheppard).

The only thing I'm quite sceptical about is her becoming the CMO at such a young age. I think it would have been a better choice to introduce her as the new recurring doctor without necessarily being the CMO. She certainly wouldn't have been any less qualified if she treated them as 'normal' genious doc.