This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: The Five Doctors

Now I must admit I'm not a Doctor Who fan but I saw this in my local library and was intrigued. Now I'm not quite sure where this stands with Doctor Who fans but personally I rather enjoyed it. It took me a little bit of time (being a novice) to figure out the whole five doctors thing but I really did enjoy this made for TV movie (an anniversery special if I rememebr correctly). Special effects weren't great but hey this was made for TV. I don't know who to recommend this to but it is a nive way to kill about two hours.

7/10

timdalton007

i saw the five doctors before i had gone back and watched the classic eps. even thou i still dident know much about doctor who when i saw it. i still liked it the only thing that was kind of dispointing was that tom baker wasten in it. expet for that little cilp they showed from shada

Comment

I've always enjoyed it, Richard Hurndall had some big shoes to fill after the death of WH, but he played the 1st Doctor brilliantly. Again, the only real problem was the lack of Doctor number 4, TB has apparently said since that he rejected his decision not to be involved.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

i actly thought that he was the frist doctor that was before i saw any of the frist doctors eps

Comment

It really should be called "The Four Doctors" because Tom Baker had just gotten done playing the role and opted not to join in on the fun. Something he later regretted.

All in all though, it was a pretty good serial. I saw it back in '02 when my local PBS was still playing Doctor Who on Friday nights. Having had only seen one Jon Pertwee serial and the last two seasons of Tom Baker's run it was pretty neat to get to see all the other Doctors (well, except for Hurtnell, of course).

It was also my first time to see a Dalek.

Comment

"Never use a laser beam in a hall of mirrors"

Comment

speaking of muti doctor storys any one seen that ten doctor vid some one made on youtube it makes you want to sell your soul to see it happen

Comment

Becuase of how little we got to se chritopher eccleston I think they should have a special two part episode with the two doctors. i think they would make a great team. doctor number nine always complaining and worrying and the happy go lucky number ten with a hidden rage inside him. if they're bringing the master back then that would be even better and ideally i'd say they get the 8th doctor in on it too. (i can't remember who played him in the film now) but he also had a great optomistic nature about him which reminds me of david tennent so i think they'd get on well too. perhaps they could do it about the time war. perhaps to defeat the daaleks the 8th doctor needed help from his future counterparts............................ok i've worked myself up now. i soooooooooooooooooo want to see this.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
                  Now I'm not quite sure where this stands with Doctor Who fans but personally I rather enjoyed it. It took me a little bit of time (being a novice) to figure out the whole five doctors thing but I really did enjoy this made for TV movie (an anniversery special if I rememebr correctly). Special effects weren't great but hey this was made for TV. I don't know who to recommend this to but it is a nive way to kill about two hours.
                  It's great reading a reaction from someone generally unaquainted with the series. I often wonder how a newcomer would greet certain episodes.

I like "The Five Doctors" a lot, in fact it's on my top six list of episodes I want to own, but the Special Edition is pretty lousy. They destroyed the editing in order to show all the scenes uncut (I can't stand to watch it myself), they changed the timescoop effect from something scary to something ooh-wow, and they changed Rassilon's voice so I can't understand what he's saying. I think they changed the music too.

The episode worked much better with the raw, dangerous feel to it that the older effects made. "Slick" just doesn't fit the mood.

I wish they would issue the original version on DVD.
                  Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Loved it... Story was so-so but having these 4 men and their companions together was magic!
                    I definitely liked it better than the other Dr Who movie

"Splendid fellows... all of them"
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                    X