This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The advantage of hindsight

After watching series nine, I kind of feel that the Ori where introduced to quickly and the complexity of the Jaffa nations political stability and future where over simplified.

If they spent any longer on Jaffa politics then I would of gnawed my left leg off just so i didn't die of boredom!

Stargate for me is escapism and I get enough politics in real life thank you very much I don't know why....

Spoiler:
    TPTB didn't just have Bra'Tec as leader from the get go? All the plot lines with the Jaffa being pains in our buts could of been done by rebel Jaffa as it where
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      If they spent any longer on Jaffa politics then I would of gnawed my left leg off just so i didn't die of boredom!
      LOL! With you on that one.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
        LOL! With you on that one.
        lol ditto

Comment

its just personnel I felt cheated with the overall story arc, there was so much potential with building the ori up slowly (find the book but not the communication device), and getting back to exploring the milky way galaxy (given that they have barly scratched the surface).

Comment

TPTB knew that the show wouldn't last another 8 years, so the Ori had to be introduced much more quickly. I'm glad they did, considering the show only got renewed for two seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
              After watching series nine, I kind of feel that the Ori where introduced to quickly and the complexity of the Jaffa nations political stability and future where over simplified.
              one might also call that the advantage of foresight. agreed though.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Personally i can't complain about Season 9 in thw way they put the Ori forward, for me the season was high paced and really great to watched, it near enough all flowed and it was the first time i watched a full season in a few days might be called sad for that but hey lol

For me as alreayd stated if they took their time with the Ori then it might never get finished, but if they had of took their time maybe the series would of lasted longer? But even if it ends in two series and a couple of filsm i can't complain as the Ori have been put forward as a great threat season 1 if you will and season 2 will continue that.

The thing also is in my opinion that the Ori found out about Earth and they are different to the Gould and with that they won't take diplomatic reasons was it season2 or 3 a treaty was made? But the Ori are made out to be God's that have power and with that if they bring them in slowly have them defeated when they try to invade Earth it would make them seem weak to 'other' planets. So for me i feel that the Ori and the speed they were brought in is perfect to fit their characters of dominating a whole universe/galaxy. But thats just me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

Agreed.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                    So for me i feel that the Ori and the speed they were brought in is perfect to fit their characters of dominating a whole universe/galaxy. But thats just me.
                    Agreed. The speed at which they have taken over parts of our galaxy certainly does lend credence to their claims..

Comment

Working...
                    X