Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they always hate the pretty ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they always hate the pretty ones?

Spoiler:
    Seriously, if you are going to sacrifice a piece of equipment, do you get rid of the shiny new one with all the fancy gadgets, or the old worn out, out-dated one that everyone's taken for a ride? Send Odyssey to another galaxy, keep the Ori ship. Seems like an obvious choice.

P.S. Plus, it was cloaked and much smaller (could have gone around the guard ship.)
    Last edited by mrdice87; 01 February 2007, 09:44 PM.

you should probably have spoiler tags around that, but good point.

Comment

Yeah add tags.
      Spoiler:
      However, we would still have to activate the gate through the Ori ship so, and also you have to realize that you have to be a Prior to fly it properly.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Exactly, why sacrifice a ship that you know through and through (esp. since it has a ZPM now) for a totally alien ship that needs a prior to operate it? Plus, I'm sure the Ori could shut down a "rogue" Ori ship.

AGT58

Comment

They could have atleast used it to blow the other toilet out of the sky first.

Comment

I don't think they would have been much of a match for the other ori ship! Afterall, they didn't really understand how it worked and the other one was controlled by a prior who just had to think it, and it would happen!

Also, the ship was full of ori soldiers they would have to deal with before they got full control!
            sigpic
            By *E*K*R*

Comment

plus daniel didn't have time.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

and adria was on it
                sigpic

Comment

If Daniel had had that kind of time, he could simply have
                  Spoiler:
                  put the sangraal in an F302 and flown it through remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Yeah add tags.
                    Spoiler:
                    However, we would still have to activate the gate through the Ori ship so, and also you have to realize that you have to be a Prior to fly it properly.
                    Spoiler:
                    Not anymore Prior Daniel told Sam how to bypass that so Sam can fly Ori ships & she probably would be able to use the weapons since she can turn off the Prior settings now

Comment

which she never had time to test. telling someone how to do something is one thing. having that person implement it is completely different.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well, you would have to make these assumptions if you're going to flying anything else besides an Ori ship into the supergate:

Assumption 1 - Theres no Ori ships on the other side
                        If there was an Ori ship on the other side, i'm sure they will blast anything else. Say bye bye to our superweapon

Assumption 2 - The Ori ship guarding on the MW side
                        Even if we launch anything other than 304, the F302 would be blasted out of the sky by Ori secondary weapons fire. Odyssey would have a better time holding out with its ZPM and Cloak.
                        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          which she never had time to test. telling someone how to do something is one thing. having that person implement it is completely different.
                          Exactly. She was only able to fly it to hyperspace. She had no time to test the other functions so just b/c she had a vague idea how to do it, not if she could.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

the ori could probs control their own tech and shut it down but mainly o'neill was on oddysey and would have to use rins to get on to the ori ship. after setting a course for the supergate he wouldn't have time to have got to the rings and would have gone with the ship were as u can beam team from oddysey

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Working...
                            X