Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Shroud" & "The Road Not Taken" really UPSET me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Er, I'm afraid you're buying in the wrong places! the Catalogue price for a slimcase season box set is 50USD, most places sell it for less....
    I live in the UK, were everything is more expensive. It is 50GBP not dollars for boxset, which is roughly $100. Although you can get them slightly cheaper if you shop around, but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by sailfindragon View Post
      I live in the UK, were everything is more expensive. It is 50GBP not dollars for boxset, which is roughly $100. Although you can get them slightly cheaper if you shop around, but not much.
      yes, I know, I had to juggle quite a lot in order to get those box sets because I don't live netierh int he US nor in the UK... what helped is the fact I don't have a television at any rate so I watch it through my computer - regions and NTSC vs PAL made no differnece.
      I still think the 60 quid per season is insane (yeah, sigh, I know everything in the UK is insanely expansive, but that's about twice as much as it costs in the US!).
      It'll come out abit insane, but a god way to override it is to buy a both PAL/ NTSC televisino - I know they exist cos my parents got one - and multi-region DVD.
      Then again, that'll sum up to more.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        yes, I know, I had to juggle quite a lot in order to get those box sets because I don't live netierh int he US nor in the UK... what helped is the fact I don't have a television at any rate so I watch it through my computer - regions and NTSC vs PAL made no differnece.
        I still think the 60 quid per season is insane (yeah, sigh, I know everything in the UK is insanely expansive, but that's about twice as much as it costs in the US!).
        It'll come out abit insane, but a god way to override it is to buy a both PAL/ NTSC televisino - I know they exist cos my parents got one - and multi-region DVD.
        Then again, that'll sum up to more.
        I have multi-region DVD players in all the main rooms in the house, so ordering from the US is not really a problem. However, what really annoys me is when i order from the US, I get them and end up paying customs tax, so i would be as well just ordering from the UK. I do agree with you, £50 is quite high, especially when they are so cheap in the US.
        I also watch most of my stuff on my computer.

Comment

of course the shroud was of better quality ... it had the return of jack and very little of that cam oh whats his name again .... jack in full rant and the good ole jack/danny banter ... it is so what has been missing ... quality stuff that can't be duplicated!!!

teehee!!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
            From "The Quest" part 1, the show has gotten progressively & profoundly better with each episode. "The Road Not Taken" & "The Shroud" are on par with the quality of SG1 Seasons 1-8. So if the writers could write well, why'd they have to wait 1.5 seasons and after the show's cancellation?
            The show only got cancelled about a quarter of the way into season 10, the writers expected an 11th season.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
              I've liked the last 2 years too but I will say this. The 2nd half episodes have been great. maybe it's due to the fact that I know it's gone but they have been really good.
              I feel the same.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
              X