Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you really think it would last 10 years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you really think it would last 10 years?

Back when it all started in 1997? This thread is mostly for people who've been watching it since day 1.

Personally, I expected 4 maybe 5 years tops but I was pleasantly surprised with 10!

Just want to know what everyone else thought.

AGT58

Truthfully, no. I never thought SG-1 would go on this long. I am so happy it has though. It has become my favorite show of all time. Well, ok, it's tied with Farscape.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought four to five years. I never would have guess 10 years. Other shows I would have wanted on for ten years didn't make it past 2 seasons.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Honestly, no. I didn't expect it to last longer than five or six years. Once the show was renewed for Season 8 though, I did start to hope for 10 years.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
          Honestly, no. I didn't expect it to last longer than five or six years. Once the show was renewed for Season 8 though, I did start to hope for 10 years.
          And it's been 10 wonderful years, hasn't it?
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I never saw 10 years comming. I thought maybe two or three because Showtime never really had any long lasting shows back then.

Comment

I know this is weird, but ever since season 8, when they got rid of Hammond and Jack was in command and such, I kept hoping the show wouldn't go on, when season 9 aired, I was impressed with how they handled Jack's departure and how they got Mitchell and Landry in place and such. I hoped for season 10 and 11 but unfortunately 11 never came to be.

AGT58

Comment

10 years is a fantastic achievment, but when u really think about if the movie continue 2 b made the story og SG-1() will live on 4 alot longer!!!

Hope Atlantis lasts 10 years!!! GO ATLANTIS !!!!!
                WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
                Spoiler:
                If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
                - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                  Back when it all started in 1997? This thread is mostly for people who've been watching it since day 1.

Personally, I expected 4 maybe 5 years tops but I was pleasantly surprised with 10!

Just want to know what everyone else thought.

AGT58
                  I saw Seasons 1-6 via syndication, Seasons 7-8 via DVD, and Seasons 9-10 shortly after the episodes aired on SciFi.

While watching the show in syndication, it was just one of many sci-fi shows to me. I was a fan, but I didn't espect it to last more than five years. This is why I am not upset about cancellation. The show lasted twice as long as I expected!

With news of cancellation, my only concern was that the Ori and Ba'al would not be resolved. Fortunately, they will resolve both in the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post
                    10 years is a fantastic achievment, but when u really think about if the movie continue 2 b made the story og SG-1 will live on 4 alot longer!!!

Hope Atlantis lasts 10 years!!! GO ATLANTIS !!!!!
                    Ditto to that last statement.

Both SG-1 and Atlantis ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

you know it some thing i never thought of , yes 10years is a long time , and yea i got to see it from the begging . Im always been happy with STARGATE SG-1 and the STARGATE Movie ... Both have a great place in my love of Movies and TV Series , and will stay there for a long time ..

Did i think SG-1 would last for a good 10 years . No i didnt ... But at the sametime i never wanted to show to stop ....

Its a great SciFi show for a few good reasons ..

1. Set in the sametime line as if you could sign up and be part of the SG-C program ..

2. Had a real great cast , and great friendly show all together ..

3. Eploring the unknown , Seeing things that either wish or wanted to see . Making Space travel possable with otu having to travel throw space in a ship ...

I would have never thought i would have gotten in to SG-1 at all , what soild me was the MOVIE . and the fact that i was a BIG R.D.A fan ...

I also didnt think R.D.A could fit the part of Jack O'Niel , but i got to say overtime I got use to him in that role ... He played it great , and hope to see him in some of the MOVIES and make it to some of the shows .. Hes a great part of the STARGATE Stroy at this time ..

I would also like to say that i dont see the STARGATE Shows ending anytime soon ... Atlantis has a great chance to making it to there 8 to 10 season as well , and with the hope of the of a 3rd Spin off , i hope to see SG-Shows for the next 10 to 20 years ..

Comment

Nope. Definetely thought the show had potential from the very beginning, but 10 years! That is quite the achievement! I have always enjoyed SG1 and I still do. It's one of the few sci-fi shows that actually stuck with me. Should have gone on much longer!

Gotta love it!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Not a chance. After catching the COTG episode accidentally I thought these people are poor imitations of the original Jack and Daniel, they'll never catch on. How wrong I was.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

10 years..... WOW.. was hoping that it would just keep going... I know the actors are not dissapointed it has been a great run, but with so few options for good escapist T.V. watching I will be sad to see it go.

Never thought it would go 10..... Who did? I thought that Firefly would keep going and that only went 1 season. Yeah for the movie though...

Still have Atlantis as long as that keeps going I will contiue to be one happy camper ("gater")

Comment

I did not think it would last but I am glad that it did last as long as it did, my weekly highlight has been watching stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X