This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 is not taking over Atlantis!

I see these posts about how Daniel shouldn't move to Atlantis as a recurring guest star, because SG-1 characters are taking over the show. This simply isn't true.

Walter Harriman (Chevron Guy): 7 Episodes
    Hank Landry: 5 Episodes
    Jack O'Neill: 4 Episodes
    Richard Woosley: 4 Episodes
    Smantha Carter: 3 Episodes
    Daniel Jackson: 1 Episode
    George Hammond: 1 Episode
    Bill Lee: 1 Episode
    Malcolm Barrett: 1 Episode
    Ayiana from SG-1 "Frozen:" 1 Episode

1-01 "Rising" - Jack and Daniel
    1-08 "Home" - Hammond and Walter
    1-16 "Letters from Pegasus" - Walter and Carter
    2-02 "The Intruder" - Landry
    2-13 "Critical Mass" - Landry, Lee, & Barrett
    2-14 "Grace Under Pressure" - Carter
    3-01 "No Man's Land" - Landry, Woosley, & Harriman
    3-02 "Misbegotten" - Woosley and Harriman
    3-06 "The Real World" - O'Neill
    3-08 "McKay and Mrs. Miller" - Carter
    3-10 "The Return, Part 1" - O'Neill, Landry, Woosley, Lee, and Harriman

You're right, it's the SG-1 show!

As long as SG-1 characters stay recurring on Atlantis I don't mind. It only makes sense that SG-1 characters will appear on Atlantis since most of them are the experts in their fields. It also helps new viewers realize how much history stargate has to it.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Hmmm....it's interesting that there is very little debate when the actual facts are laid out. I wonder what that means...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        I see these posts about how Daniel shouldn't move to Atlantis as a recurring guest star, because SG-1 characters are taking over the show. This simply isn't true.
        I suspect that the people claiming SG-1 is taking over the show are also taking into account the recent announcement of Sam Carter's 14 episodes in S4.

It *is* amusing to see that Walter has made the most guest appearances on SGA. Go Walter! *g*
        Oh, and Siler appeared briefly (blink and you miss him) in Return 1. And wait, I think he was in Rising as well.
        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I agree that SG-1 isn't "taking over" Atlantis. Personally, I like seeing people from SG-1 occasionally on SGA. Just not every episode.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Hmmm....it's interesting that there is very little debate when the actual facts are laid out. I wonder what that means...
            Indeed.
            Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
            I suspect that the people claiming SG-1 is taking over the show are also taking into account the recent announcement of Sam Carter's 14 episodes in S4.
            Then SG-1 isn't taking over SG:A, Carter is. I can understand people afraid of SG:A turning into the Carter & McKay show, but saying it's becoming Atlantis SG-1 is just silly.

It *is* amusing to see that Walter has made the most guest appearances on SGA. Go Walter! *g*
            I know! LOL

Oh, and Siler appeared briefly (blink and you miss him) in Return 1. And wait, I think he was in Rising as well.
            I couldn't tell from IMDB as they list him in lots of SG:A as stunt double or stunt coordinator, I forgot whut his stunt job is.

Comment

Then SG-1 isn't taking over SG:A, Carter is. I can understand people afraid of SG:A turning into the Carter & McKay show, but saying it's becoming Atlantis SG-1 is just silly.

I couldn't tell from IMDB as they list him in lots of SG:A as stunt double or stunt coordinator, I forgot whut his stunt job is.
              Yeah, he's their head stunt guy, whatever that positon is called.

Here's Siler from Rising.
              http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...rising1648.jpg

I don't have a cap of Siler from Return 1, but
              Spoiler:
              he was in the jumper when Shep and team came in to steal it, and Shep zatted him, then threw him out of the jumper.

As for people saying SG-1 is taking over, I get your point that Carter alone isn't SG-1. But aside from a few extreme povs, most of the posts I've seen relating to this were to the effect that since Carter is already coming over for 14 episodes, the addition of any more SG-1 characters, even for one-off guest spots, would feel like SG-1 taking over.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 30 January 2007, 11:31 AM.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Aside from Carter, SG-1 guest spots will be no different than prior seasons. SG:A fans are using SG-1 as a scape goat when they're really mad at Carter.

Comment

Aside from Carter, SG-1 guest spots will be no different than prior seasons. SG:A fans are using SG-1 as a scape goat when they're really mad at Carter.
                  Well, I've seen a few Sam/Jack fans saying they want Jack to appear on Atlantis so they can resolve their ship. Not that I think such a thing is likely, but if it did, I'd probably think "SG-1, get out of Atlantis!"

So basically, what I'm trying to say, is that with Carter in Atlantis for 14 episosdes, I can see why people might react badly to even more SG-1 guest stars. It won't be the same as in previous seasons, because Sam would already be there!
                  Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Walter Harriman (Chevron Guy): 7 Episodes
                    Hank Landry: 5 Episodes
                    Jack O'Neill: 4 Episodes
                    Richard Woosley: 4 Episodes
                    Smantha Carter: 3 Episodes
                    Daniel Jackson: 1 Episode
                    George Hammond: 1 Episode
                    Bill Lee: 1 Episode
                    Malcolm Barrett: 1 Episode
                    Ayiana from SG-1 "Frozen:" 1 Episode

1-01 "Rising" - Jack and Daniel
                    1-08 "Home" - Hammond and Walter
                    1-16 "Letters from Pegasus" - Walter and Carter
                    2-02 "The Intruder" - Landry
                    2-13 "Critical Mass" - Landry, Lee, & Barrett
                    2-14 "Grace Under Pressure" - Carter
                    3-01 "No Man's Land" - Landry, Woosley, & Harriman
                    3-02 "Misbegotten" - Woosley and Harriman
                    3-06 "The Real World" - O'Neill
                    3-08 "McKay and Mrs. Miller" - Carter
                    3-10 "The Return, Part 1" - O'Neill, Landry, Woosley, Lee, and Harriman

You're right, it's the SG-1 show!
                    What happened in previous seasons has NOTHING to do with the fact that some think SG-1 is taking over Atlantis. I'm sure nobody said 'has taken over Atlantis".
                    With Carter already there and people still demanding to bring even more SG-1 characters to Atlantis (I have heard "Bring Daniel over", "Bring Jack over" a million times), it is beyond me how you can even start such a thread.

I understand that DJ is your favorite character and you want to keep seeing him, but please, show a little compassion for the fans of the show who like the show and like the cast the way it is...
                    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

but he would go really well with the show.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

But your point is about bringing Daniel over - in the context of there already being one member of SG1 as a major recurring character (appearing in over half the episodes in the season) on the show. Adding more SG1 characters WOULD feel like SG1 taking over the show to many SGA fans. What you suggest would amount of bringing HALF of SG1's gate team over to Atlantis!

See above. Having SG1 guest spots when you already have a major continuing crossover by transplanting an SG1 character into the show does feel like too much SG1 influence on the show. Let's look at DS9 as an example... they brought Worf over from TNG to join the DS9 cast. Did they also have other TNG characters making guest spots on DS9 as well? No, they didn't.

Originally posted by caty View Post
                        What happened in previous seasons has NOTHING to do with the fact that some think SG-1 is taking over Atlantis. I'm sure nobody said 'has taken over Atlantis".
                        With Carter already there and people still demanding to bring even more SG-1 characters to Atlantis (I have heard "Bring Daniel over", "Bring Jack over" a million times), it is beyond me how you can even start such a thread.

I understand that DJ is your favorite character and you want to keep seeing him, but please, show a little compassion for the fans of the show who like the show and like the cast the way it is...
                        Indeed. It's very clear from most of your posts that Daniel is your favourite character and that your main focus of interest is in seeing more of him. That's all well and good. For a lot of Atlantis fans however, this is not the case and many of us are not particularly interested in seeing more of SG1 characters in general... and certainly not at the expense of screentime for the SGA characters who we enjoy.

Personally, if I wanted to watch Daniel - or Carter, for that matter - I would watch SG1 and the upcoming SG1 movies. Why can't you be happy with the fact that you have the movies in which to further enjoy Daniel instead of constantly seeking to dismiss the concerns of fans who are not interested in Daniel and, justifiably, are not interested in seeing him on Atlantis?
                        sigpic

Comment

They should bring baal over for an episode or two?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                            They should bring baal over for an episode or two?
                            If TPTB acceded to every fan's desire to have their particular favourite character brought over - regardless of whether they fit or not - then the show really would be doomed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Since kolyi (not sure of the spelling) is gone it would be good to have an enmey with a face rather than apart from micheal different wraith all the time
                              What do you think
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X