This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancients. Return pt 2

I have a question. Do we know for a fact that the ancients died during one of "Return" episodes. Could any of them have gotten away?

Well we can't say for 100% certainty that all Ancients did die.

Firstly, we don't know what happened to the Tria. It is possible that some crew were left behind at the Bridge Station rather than abandoning their ship.

Secondly, the captain of the Tria did believe that all Ancients had died, and as such so did the Asurians when they probed her mind. Although she was trying to act as if some were alive (which the Asurians mind probe figured out), it could possible that the captain was wrong about all her crew dying and some did survive but she didn't know about it. However, Atlantis was at one point fully operational so they should have been located on the sensors unless they just happened to get lucky and find a shielded area.

sigpic

Comment

well thats a shame we could of learned qiute alot from them
      sigpic

Comment

In terms of an empire and civilisation, I think they are pretty much dead. Their legacy being the technology and ruins plus the stargate being left behind. Most either died or ascended.

Its possible some groups of ancients survived on variouis worlds and married human beings, thus passing on the Ancient Activation gene but thats about it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

We have also seen other ancients in the Pegasus galaxy already, it is possible that the writers could decided to have the characters interact with another ancient, and possibly get some information from them this time.

As for the ancients in The Return, watching the episode I think that the intent was the explain that they are all dead. I think that if one magically survived and remained hidden for all this time, it would look like a joke because it so clearly does not seem to be the case.
          Weir: He's just a boy!
          Jinto: I am Jinto.
          Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

At some point during Atlantis, I can see Ancients being reintroduced and their civilisation continuing but right now, not a chance. Ancients are just going to be overglorified Red Shirts until we can at least defeat the Wraith.

The Wraith are still the biggest enemy in Pegasus, while it's the Orii in the Milky Way, and having living Ancients to help us out would just make things less heroic. SG1 or SGA would end up being "oh god, lets get help from the all knowing Ancients" when it comes to threats.

SG1 is relying on the Sangraal tp defeat the Orii, and SGA were exciting about the Asurians and even the crew of Tria defeating the Wraith. In the end, it would be the Ancients responsible for saving the galaxy rather than it being a struggle for humans and the military out to save everyone and defet the evil enemy. So the Ancients knowledge can be used to save us, but it would take away from the characters if they had to always rely on living, or even ascended Ancients.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
              Its possible some groups of ancients survived on variouis worlds and married human beings, thus passing on the Ancient Activation gene but thats about it.
              human beings they created! yuk! like you cloned a dionsaur and said it was the greatest sex ever!(ross from friends)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                As for the ancients in The Return, watching the episode I think that the intent was the explain that they are all dead. I think that if one magically survived and remained hidden for all this time, it would look like a joke because it so clearly does not seem to be the case.
                You know they could be in stasis i mean remember in 'Before I Sleep' they didnt discover the old aged Elizabeth Weir until the end of season 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
                  I have a question. Do we know for a fact that the ancients died during one of "Return" episodes. Could any of them have gotten away?
                  probably not.They're too stupid so they died.Good for them
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    probably not.They're too stupid so they died.Good for them
                    LOL! Probalby true!

While the ancients had some cool technology, I'm just not very thrilled with them and wonder what all the hoopla is about. They built the gates - very cool. They had some cool warships and built a beautiful city that flies and had outposts spread about the galaxy but when we met them in The Return, they just seemed like a disappointment. They were over confident, arrogant and what's the deal with relocating Tayla's people? Who were they hurting on the mainland? I could see them wanting the city back but the mainland? Did they own it? Talk about jerks.

Plus - what's the deal with the war with the Wraith? The Wraith sent them skurrying back to Earth but do we know what actually started the war? Who drew first blood? The Wraith seemed more intent on defeating them than eating them so what's the deal with that? I would love to see the other side of that story. I always think the truth is at the center of two different points of view.

Anyway - Between that and the episode "Pegasus Project", where they "can't help" with the ori and their "ascension" - they bug me. Sure - it would be too easy from a suspense standpoint to have them help us with every bad guy we meet, but they just seem to sit around in cafe's, eating pancakes and snubbing their noses at problems they created.

No wonder Daniel wanted back with us mortals. We are nicer!
                    Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
                    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
                      You know they could be in stasis i mean remember in 'Before I Sleep' they didnt discover the old aged Elizabeth Weir until the end of season 1
                      I think that would kind of be a lame cope out. But you never know.
                      Weir: He's just a boy!
                      Jinto: I am Jinto.
                      Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                        I think that would kind of be a lame cope out. But you never know.
                        Well after watching Sunday, a lame thing like stasis could actually be used.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X