"Line in the Sand"- first truly original SG-1 episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Line in the Sand"- first truly original SG-1 episode

I think that LitS was the first truly "original" spisode of SG-1.

That is to say:
    No film characters (O'Neill and Jackson are nowhere to be found)
    No film villains (Ra/Goa'uld)

What you basically have is four Sg-1 team members exclusive to the series (Mitchell, Vala, Carter, Teal'c) fighting a tv-only enemy (the Ori) with tv-only tactics/tech (phase shifting, naquadah generators).

This episode was the first of the entire series run that had no connection to the original film, save the stargate itself.

Interesting that you noticed, that. Although, they do mention Daniel, but I suppose that doesn't count?
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

What about Uninvited? No danny, no Goa'uld; just some meat-ball monsters.

Comment

You make a very good point. But I'm sure there are others that have nothing to do with the goa'uld that make it orriginal like PG15 said uninvited.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          You make a very good point. But I'm sure there are others that have nothing to do with the goa'uld that make it orriginal like PG15 said uninvited.
          I'm also quite confident that there have been previous "original" episodes of SG-1.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I'm also quite confident that there have been previous "original" episodes of SG-1.
            Yeah I just can't think of them all at this moment.

Comment

actually uninvited was related to the goa'uld because the trust was spying on SG-1 at the cabin.

Comment

when it comes to scifi im unlucky to live in Denmark. no television networks wants to show this kind.. sadly..

so i "have to" get the episodes from some one who can. now this EP. when i wach it it starts when SG-1 comes through the gate at SGC after some kinda mission. (no danield) "he is lost" they later say.. and lots of thing looks like i have missed an Ep between "quest part 2" and "line in the sand" ? or am i missing hafl the EP. ??

And why is vala sudenly waring makeup. ? and has claudia black gotten her ears operated so she dossent have to wear that brace. ?
                Last edited by Oikos; 23 January 2007, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oikos View Post
                  when it comes to scifi im unlucky to live in Denmark. no television networks wants to show this kind.. sadly..

so i "have to" get the episodes from some one who can. now this EP. when i wach it it starts when SG-1 comes through the gate at SGC after some kinda mission. (no danield) "he is lost" they later say.. and lots of thing looks like i have missed an Ep between "quest part 2" and "line in the sand" ? or am i missing hafl the EP. ??
                  Well, the episode did seem to move on from/ignore Daniel's disappearance, with only that brief throw-away line by Mitchell....so it did feel like you were missing something. But in case you missed the last bit from "The Quest Pt 2" Daniel tried to hold back Adria at the end but it weakened him significantly. This allowed Adria to abduct Daniel and take him to her Ori ship to....do something.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The perspective given now seems to really make sense to me. Most, if not all episodes of SG-1 in the past two seasons have had some tie to the original foundation in one form or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      Well, the episode did seem to move on from/ignore Daniel's disappearance, with only that brief throw-away line by Mitchell....so it did feel like you were missing something. But in case you missed the last bit from "The Quest Pt 2" Daniel tried to hold back Adria at the end but it weakened him significantly. This allowed Adria to abduct Daniel and take him to her Ori ship to....do something.

-Stef
                      christ ur right i forgot finaly some sex scenes maybe

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        The perspective given now seems to really make sense to me. Most, if not all episodes of SG-1 in the past two seasons have had some tie to the original foundation in one form or another.
                        I agree and their have been more in the past I think.

Comment

Working...
                        X