This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifdump.com stargate section!

Right now, there isn't one, but there should be. Battlestar and several Star Trek's have it, so why couldn't we have one
    Last edited by Mirel; 22 January 2007, 05:33 AM.

Hmm, I hád eps. Anyways, I made 5 gifs. It may seem pointless, but it's fun!
    If anyone wants a how-to guide, I'll write it.

There were other stargate sites with gifs, but I'm only submitting mine to gifdump.

Comment

Oh come on, nobody cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirel View Post
        Oh come on, nobody cares?
        I care. I'd be interested in a guide, if you're still willing to write it.
        sigpic

Comment

Well this guide is for people who have episodes on their pc. How you got it, legally, illegally, doesn't matter. No questions about that though.

To make a gif, get these programs: Irfanview, VLC mediaplayer and Easy Gif Animator. The last one lets you make 30 gifs, after that, you'll need to buy it. So do something about that.

Ok first step!

Open the ep with VLC mediaplayer, and before you start looking for your scene, go to options > preferences > interface > hotkeys and click on show advanced options. Look up the hotkey entry for 'snapshot' (screencap) and make it something easy like ctrl+alt+S.

Now find the scene you want, and slow it down using the << in the playback menu. When the part you want for the gif starts, keep pressing your snapshot hotkey all the way till the scene finishes. You'll see in the upperleft corner a mini-picture of the screencap you just took.

The caps are now in your My Images folder, but they're kinda big for a gif, so, we'll resize 'em all at once using irfanview.
          Open Irfanview and select file > batch conversion/rename.

Find your pictures, select them all and click Add. Now go to advanced options, lowerright of the screen, and select resize, and type in 50% for width and height. Click ok to return to the previous screen, and click start. Now irfanview will resize all the pics you took at once.

The last part is Easy Gif Animator. Other giftools can be used too, but I like this one because it's easy and straightforward in it's use.
          As soon as you open Easy Gif Animator, a window will popup and ask if you want to make an animation, or some other stuff, but anyway click the animation button.

In the next screen, select your images, and click next. In the next screen, where it says 50, type in 10. (determines when the next image in the animation is selected.

Anyway, you got it. The animation is complete, click file > save and EOIBJIOJSIFOJHS!!!!!

If anyone wants pics of the programs for the guide, I'll make those too, if it's necessary.

Comment

This is great. Thanks very much for your help.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X